Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP2
Description: F1F0 ATP synthase subunit beta
Alias: F1F0 ATP synthase subunit beta
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Rampelt H, Bohnert M, Zerbes R, Horvath S, Warscheid B, Pfanner N, et al. Mic10, a Core Subunit of the Mitochondrial Contact Site and Cristae Organizing System, Interacts with the Dimeric F1Fo-ATP Synthase. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:1162-1170 pubmed publisher..In addition to its central function in sculpting crista junctions, a fraction of Mic10 molecules interact with the cristae rim-forming F1Fo-ATP synthase. ..
- Pagadala V, Vistain L, Symersky J, Mueller D. Characterization of the mitochondrial ATP synthase from yeast Saccharomyces cerevisae. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2011;43:333-47 pubmed publisher..F(1)F(o) ATP synthase with ?-GFP was purified to homogeneity and serves as an excellent enzyme for two- and three-dimensional crystallization studies. ..
- Buttner S, Ruli D, Vögtle F, Galluzzi L, Moitzi B, Eisenberg T, et al. A yeast BH3-only protein mediates the mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis. EMBO J. 2011;30:2779-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, the yeast genome encodes a functional BH3 domain that induces cell death through phylogenetically conserved mechanisms. ..
- Garcia M, Delaveau T, Goussard S, Jacq C. Mitochondrial presequence and open reading frame mediate asymmetric localization of messenger RNA. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:285-91 pubmed publisher..By using an improved statistical fluorescent in situ hybridization technique, we analysed the elements of the ATP2 open reading frame that control its mRNA asymmetric localization...
- Brandina I, Graham J, Lemaitre Guillier C, Entelis N, Krasheninnikov I, Sweetlove L, et al. Enolase takes part in a macromolecular complex associated to mitochondria in yeast. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1757:1217-28 pubmed..This suggests an unsuspected novel function for this complex in tRNA mitochondrial import. ..
- Takeda M, Katayama H, Satoh T, Mabuchi T. Three copies of the ATP2 gene are arranged in tandem on chromosome X in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2005;47:265-72 pubmed..In this study, we present evidence that there are three closely linked copies of ATP2 encoding the beta subunit of the F1F0-ATPase complex on the right arm of chromosome X in several laboratory strains,..
- Hashimoto T, Yoshida Y, Tagawa K. Binding properties of an intrinsic ATPase inhibitor and occurrence in yeast mitochondria of a protein factor which stabilizes and facilitates the binding of the inhibitor to F1F0-ATPase. J Biochem. 1983;94:715-20 pubmed..It also efficiently facilitated the binding of the inhibitor to membrane-bound ATPase to form the complex, which reversibly dissociated at slightly alkaline pH. ..
- Lau W, Baker L, Rubinstein J. Cryo-EM structure of the yeast ATP synthase. J Mol Biol. 2008;382:1256-64 pubmed publisher..This new map has allowed construction of a model of subunit arrangement in the F(O) motor of ATP synthase that dictates how dimerization of the complex via subunits e and g might occur. ..
- Ackerman S, Martin J, Tzagoloff A. Characterization of ATP11 and detection of the encoded protein in mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:7386-94 pubmed..A fraction eluted from the avidin column and enriched for the biotinated ATP11 protein also contains the alpha and beta subunits of F1-ATPase. ..
- Garipler G, Mutlu N, Lack N, Dunn C. Deletion of conserved protein phosphatases reverses defects associated with mitochondrial DNA damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1473-8 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights the important role that nutrient-responsive signaling pathways can play in determining the response to mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Mueller D. Site directed mutagenesis of the beta-subunit of the yeast mitochondrial ATPase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;164:381-6 pubmed..These results support the importance of these amino acids in the function of the ATPase. ..
- Arnold I, Pfeiffer K, Neupert W, Stuart R, Schagger H. ATP synthase of yeast mitochondria. Isolation of subunit j and disruption of the ATP18 gene. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36-40 pubmed..In the absence of Su j, spontaneously arising rho- cells were observed that lacked also ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase and cytochrome c oxidase activities. We conclude that Su j is a novel and essential subunit of yeast ATP synthase. ..
- Yao B, Mueller D. The role of the amino-terminal beta-barrel domain of the alpha and beta subunits in the yeast F1-ATPase. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1999;31:95-104 pubmed..These results mimic in vivo results and suggest that the interactions of the beta-barrel domains may be critical during the folding and assembly of F1. ..
- Seo J, Lai C, Miceli M, Jazwinski S. A novel role of peroxin PEX6: suppression of aging defects in mitochondria. Aging Cell. 2007;6:405-13 pubmed..PEX6, a peroxisome biogenesis gene, has been isolated as a multicopy suppressor of an atp2 age asymmetry mutant...
- Schmidt O, Harbauer A, Rao S, Eyrich B, Zahedi R, Stojanovski D, et al. Regulation of mitochondrial protein import by cytosolic kinases. Cell. 2011;144:227-39 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cytosolic kinases exert stimulatory and inhibitory effects on biogenesis and function of the TOM complex and thus regulate protein import into mitochondria. ..
- Ichikawa N, Mizuno M. Functional expression of hexahistidine-tagged beta-subunit of yeast F1-ATPase and isolation of the enzyme by immobilized metal affinity chromatography. Protein Expr Purif. 2004;37:97-101 pubmed..modified gene generated a functional F1Fo complex in host yeast cells lacking a functional copy of the endogenous ATP2 gene, as judged by growth of rescued cells on lactate medium...
- Rubinstein J, Dickson V, Runswick M, Walker J. ATP synthase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: location of subunit h in the peripheral stalk region. J Mol Biol. 2005;345:513-20 pubmed..Models of the peripheral stalk are proposed that are consistent with this location and with reconstitution experiments conducted with isolated peripheral stalk subunits. ..
- Phan V, Ding V, Li F, Chalkley R, Burlingame A, McCormick F. The RasGAP proteins Ira2 and neurofibromin are negatively regulated by Gpb1 in yeast and ETEA in humans. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2264-79 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for conserved ubiquitination pathways regulating the RasGAP proteins Ira2 (in yeast) and neurofibromin (in humans). ..
- Lauffer S, Mäbert K, Czupalla C, Pursche T, Hoflack B, Rödel G, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae porin pore forms complexes with mitochondrial outer membrane proteins Om14p and Om45p. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17447-58 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for the role of the two OM proteins in addressing the porin pore to bind to specific channels in the mt IM to facilitate transport of metabolites. ..
- Francis B, Thorsness P. Hsp90 and mitochondrial proteases Yme1 and Yta10/12 participate in ATP synthase assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mitochondrion. 2011;11:587-600 pubmed publisher..These genetic interactions describe a functional role for Hsp90 proteins in mitochondrial biogenesis. ..