Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP15
Description: F1F0 ATP synthase subunit epsilon
Alias: F1F0 ATP synthase subunit epsilon
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Guelin E, Chevallier J, Rigoulet M, Guerin B, Velours J. ATP synthase of yeast mitochondria. Isolation and disruption of the ATP epsilon gene. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:161-7 pubmed..The catalytic sector appeared unstable during purification but F0-subunits were still bound to F1. The mutation promoted a highly oligomycin-sensitive uncoupling of the mitochondrial respiration rate. ..
- Ichikawa N, Mizuno M. Functional expression of hexahistidine-tagged beta-subunit of yeast F1-ATPase and isolation of the enzyme by immobilized metal affinity chromatography. Protein Expr Purif. 2004;37:97-101 pubmed..The application of this novel procedure simplifies the number of steps required for the isolation of F1 used for studying the molecular mechanism of catalysis and regulation of the enzyme. ..
- Jasnos L, Korona R. Epistatic buffering of fitness loss in yeast double deletion strains. Nat Genet. 2007;39:550-4 pubmed..Based on our data and former theoretical work, we suggest that epistasis is likely to diminish the negative effects of mutations when the ability to produce biomass at high rates contributes significantly to fitness. ..
- Rak M, Gokova S, Tzagoloff A. Modular assembly of yeast mitochondrial ATP synthase. EMBO J. 2011;30:920-30 pubmed publisher..These studies show that assembly of the ATP synthase is not a single linear process, as previously thought, but rather involves two separate but coordinately regulated pathways that converge at the end stage. ..
- Förster K, Turina P, Drepper F, Haehnel W, Fischer S, Graber P, et al. Proton transport coupled ATP synthesis by the purified yeast H+ -ATP synthase in proteoliposomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1797:1828-37 pubmed publisher..The dependence of the turnover on the phosphate concentration and the dependence of K(M) on pH(out) indicated that the substrate for ATP synthesis is the monoanionic phosphate species H?PO??. ..