Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATG4
Description: cysteine protease ATG4
Alias: APG4, AUT2, cysteine protease ATG4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Abreu S, Kriegenburg F, Gómez Sánchez R, Mari M, Sánchez Wandelmer J, Skytte Rasmussen M, et al. Conserved Atg8 recognition sites mediate Atg4 association with autophagosomal membranes and Atg8 deconjugation. EMBO Rep. 2017;18:765-780 pubmed publisherDeconjugation of the Atg8/LC3 protein family members from phosphatidylethanolamine (PE) by Atg4 proteases is essential for autophagy progression, but how this event is regulated remains to be understood...
- Hirata E, Ohya Y, Suzuki K. Atg4 plays an important role in efficient expansion of autophagic isolation membranes by cleaving lipidated Atg8 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181047 pubmed publisher..During autophagosome formation, Atg8-PE is cleaved by Atg4 to release delipidated Atg8 (Atg8G116) and PE...
- Ho K, Chang H, Huang W. Mutation at the cargo-receptor binding site of Atg8 also affects its general autophagy regulation function. Autophagy. 2009;5:461-71 pubmed..Our observation paves the road for a more comprehensive understanding on how Atg8 coordinates cargo sorting and vesicle formation in selective autophagic pathways. ..
- PÃ©rez PÃ©rez M, Zaffagnini M, Marchand C, Crespo J, Lemaire S. The yeast autophagy protease Atg4 is regulated by thioredoxin. Autophagy. 2014;10:1953-64 pubmed publisher..b>Atg4 is a cysteine protease with an essential function in autophagosome formation...
- Maeda Y, Oku M, Sakai Y. A defect of the vacuolar putative lipase Atg15 accelerates degradation of lipid droplets through lipolysis. Autophagy. 2015;11:1247-58 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence for a novel link between autophagic flux and LD dynamics integrated with Atg15 activity. ..
- Aguilar Lopez J, Laboy R, Jaimes Miranda F, Garay E, DeLuna A, Funes S. Slm35 links mitochondrial stress response and longevity through TOR signaling pathway. Aging (Albany NY). 2016;8:3255-3271 pubmed publisher..The results presented here suggest that Slm35 plays an important role connecting mitochondrial function with cytosolic responses and cell adaptation to stress and aging. ..