Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATG31
Alias: CIS1, Atg31p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mao K, Chew L, Inoue Aono Y, Cheong H, Nair U, Popelka H, et al. Atg29 phosphorylation regulates coordination of the Atg17-Atg31-Atg29 complex with the Atg11 scaffold during autophagy initiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E2875-84 pubmed publisher..A complex composed of Atg17-Atg31-Atg29 is vital for PAS organization and autophagy induction, implying a significant role in autophagy regulation...
- Feng W, Wu T, Dan X, Chen Y, Li L, Chen S, et al. Phosphorylation of Atg31 is required for autophagy. Protein Cell. 2015;6:288-96 pubmed publisherAutophagy is an evolutionarily conserved cellular process which degrades intracellular contents. The Atg17-Atg31-Atg29 complex plays a key role in autophagy induction by various stimuli...
- Chew L, Lu S, Liu X, Li F, Yu A, Klionsky D, et al. Molecular interactions of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Atg1 complex provide insights into assembly and regulatory mechanisms. Autophagy. 2015;11:891-905 pubmed publisherThe Atg1 complex, which contains 5 major subunits: Atg1, Atg13, Atg17, Atg29, and Atg31, regulates the induction of autophagy and autophagosome formation...
- Mijaljica D, Prescott M, Devenish R. A late form of nucleophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40013 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the inhibition of LN in some mutants is accompanied by alterations in nuclear morphology. ..
- Chew L, Setiaputra D, Klionsky D, Yip C. Structural characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae autophagy regulatory complex Atg17-Atg31-Atg29. Autophagy. 2013;9:1467-74 pubmed publisherAtg17, in complex with Atg29 and Atg31, constitutes a key module of the Atg1 kinase signaling complex and functions as an important organizer of the phagophore assembly site in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Rao Y, Perna M, Hofmann B, Beier V, Wollert T. The Atg1-kinase complex tethers Atg9-vesicles to initiate autophagy. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10338 pubmed publisher..This interaction is inhibited by the two regulatory subunits Atg31 and Atg29...