Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATG29
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bahrami A, Lin M, Ren X, Hurley J, Hummer G. Scaffolding the cup-shaped double membrane in autophagy. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005817 pubmed publisher..In particular, the S-shaped Atg17-Atg31-Atg29 subcomplex of Atg1 is critical for phagophore nucleation at the PAS...
- Mijaljica D, Prescott M, Devenish R. A late form of nucleophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40013 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the inhibition of LN in some mutants is accompanied by alterations in nuclear morphology. ..
- Mao K, Chew L, Inoue Aono Y, Cheong H, Nair U, Popelka H, et al. Atg29 phosphorylation regulates coordination of the Atg17-Atg31-Atg29 complex with the Atg11 scaffold during autophagy initiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E2875-84 pubmed publisher..A complex composed of Atg17-Atg31-Atg29 is vital for PAS organization and autophagy induction, implying a significant role in autophagy regulation...
- Liu X, Mao K, Yu A, Omairi Nasser A, Austin J, Glick B, et al. The Atg17-Atg31-Atg29 Complex Coordinates with Atg11 to Recruit the Vam7 SNARE and Mediate Autophagosome-Vacuole Fusion. Curr Biol. 2016;26:150-160 pubmed publisher..The Atg17-Atg31-Atg29 complex translocates to the phagophore assembly site (PAS), where an autophagosome forms, at a very early stage of ..
- Cao Y, Nair U, Yasumura Yorimitsu K, Klionsky D. A multiple ATG gene knockout strain for yeast two-hybrid analysis. Autophagy. 2009;5:699-705 pubmed..We also probed a new interaction using the MKO Y2H strain, and our results suggest that Atg29 and Atg31 interact independently of other known Atg proteins, and this interaction may mediate the interaction ..