Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATG2
Alias: APG2, AUT8, SPO72, Atg2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mijaljica D, Prescott M, Devenish R. A late form of nucleophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40013 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the inhibition of LN in some mutants is accompanied by alterations in nuclear morphology. ..
- Kaminska J, Rzepnikowska W, Polak A, Flis K, Soczewka P, Bala K, et al. Phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate regulates response of cells to proteotoxic stress. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;79:494-504 pubmed publisher..growth of yeast cells producing Nedd4 ligase with an inactive WW4 domain (Nedd4w4), we identified a fragment of ATG2 gene encoding part of the Atg2 core autophagy protein...
- Romanyuk D, Polak A, Maleszewska A, Sieńko M, Grynberg M, Zoładek T. Human hAtg2A protein expressed in yeast is recruited to preautophagosomal structure but does not complement autophagy defects of atg2? strain. Acta Biochim Pol. 2011;58:365-74 pubmedYeast Atg2, an autophagy-related protein, is highly conserved in other fungi and has two homologues in humans, one of which is hAtg2A encoded by the hATG2A/KIAA0404 gene...
- Kanki T, Wang K, Baba M, Bartholomew C, Lynch Day M, Du Z, et al. A genomic screen for yeast mutants defective in selective mitochondria autophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4730-8 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we have named this gene ATG33. The new mutants identified in this analysis will provide a useful foundation for researchers interested in the study of mitochondrial homeostasis and quality control. ..
- Kobayashi T, Suzuki K, Ohsumi Y. Autophagosome formation can be achieved in the absence of Atg18 by expressing engineered PAS-targeted Atg2. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:2473-8 pubmed publisherThe Atg2-Atg18 complex is essential for autophagosome formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Tosti E, Katakowski J, Schaetzlein S, Kim H, Ryan C, Shales M, et al. Evolutionarily conserved genetic interactions with budding and fission yeast MutS identify orthologous relationships in mismatch repair-deficient cancer cells. Genome Med. 2014;6:68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provide novel insights into the genome maintenance functions of a critical DNA repair complex and propose a promising targeted treatment for MMR deficient tumors. ..
- Maeda Y, Oku M, Sakai Y. A defect of the vacuolar putative lipase Atg15 accelerates degradation of lipid droplets through lipolysis. Autophagy. 2015;11:1247-58 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence for a novel link between autophagic flux and LD dynamics integrated with Atg15 activity. ..
- Rieter E, Vinke F, Bakula D, Cebollero E, Ungermann C, Proikas Cezanne T, et al. Atg18 function in autophagy is regulated by specific sites within its ?-propeller. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:593-604 pubmed publisher..We have investigated Atg18 recruitment to the PAS and found that Atg18 binds to Atg2 through a specific stretch of amino acids in the ?-propeller on the opposite surface to the FRRG motif...
- Obara K, Sekito T, Niimi K, Ohsumi Y. The Atg18-Atg2 complex is recruited to autophagic membranes via phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate and exerts an essential function. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23972-80 pubmed publisher..Atg18(FTTG) formed a complex with Atg2 in a normal manner, and Atg18-Atg2 complex formation occurred in cells in the absence of PtdIns(3)P, indicating ..
- Shintani T, Suzuki K, Kamada Y, Noda T, Ohsumi Y. Apg2p functions in autophagosome formation on the perivacuolar structure. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30452-60 pubmed..Apg2p(G83E), encoded by an apg2-2 allele, shows a severely reduced activity of autophagy and a dispersed localization in the cytoplasm...