Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATG19
Alias: CVT19, Atg19p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Noda N, Kumeta H, Nakatogawa H, Satoo K, Adachi W, Ishii J, et al. Structural basis of target recognition by Atg8/LC3 during selective autophagy. Genes Cells. 2008;13:1211-8 pubmed publisher..in selective incorporation of specific cargo molecules into autophagosomes, in which Atg8 and LC3 interact with Atg19 and p62, receptor proteins for vacuolar enzymes and disease-related protein aggregates, respectively...
- Pfaffenwimmer T, Reiter W, Brach T, Nogellova V, Papinski D, Schuschnig M, et al. Hrr25 kinase promotes selective autophagy by phosphorylating the cargo receptor Atg19. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:862-70 pubmed publisher..We show that the essential kinase Hrr25 activates the cargo receptor Atg19 by phosphorylation, which is required to link cargo to the Atg11 scaffold, allowing selective autophagy to proceed...
- Shintani T, Huang W, Stromhaug P, Klionsky D. Mechanism of cargo selection in the cytoplasm to vacuole targeting pathway. Dev Cell. 2002;3:825-37 pubmed..The Cvt19 receptor plays a central role in this process: distinct domains in Cvt19 recognize oligomerized cargo proteins and ..
- Kamber R, Shoemaker C, Denic V. Receptor-Bound Targets of Selective Autophagy Use a Scaffold Protein to Activate the Atg1 Kinase. Mol Cell. 2015;59:372-81 pubmed publisher..This regulatory logic is a key similarity between selective autophagy and bulk autophagy, which is initiated by a distinct Atg1 activation mechanism during starvation. ..
- Yorimitsu T, Klionsky D. Atg11 links cargo to the vesicle-forming machinery in the cytoplasm to vacuole targeting pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1593-605 pubmed..Precursor Ape1 along with its receptor Atg19 forms the Cvt complex, which is transported to the pre-autophagosomal structure (PAS), the putative site of Cvt ..
- Okamoto K, Kondo Okamoto N, Ohsumi Y. Mitochondria-anchored receptor Atg32 mediates degradation of mitochondria via selective autophagy. Dev Cell. 2009;17:87-97 pubmed publisher..We propose that Atg32 acts as a mitophagy-specific receptor and regulates selective degradation of mitochondria. ..
- Suzuki K, Kamada Y, Ohsumi Y. Studies of cargo delivery to the vacuole mediated by autophagosomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Dev Cell. 2002;3:815-24 pubmed..This indicates that Cvt19p mediates association between the Cvt complex and the PAS. ..
- Kario E, Amar N, Elazar Z, Navon A. A new autophagy-related checkpoint in the degradation of an ERAD-M target. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:11479-91 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a new conduit for the selective vacuolar/lysosomal removal of ERAD misfolded proteins by an autophagy-related machinery acting concomitantly with the proteasome. ..
- Bertipaglia C, Schneider S, Jakobi A, Tarafder A, Bykov Y, Picco A, et al. Higher-order assemblies of oligomeric cargo receptor complexes form the membrane scaffold of the Cvt vesicle. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:1044-60 pubmed publisher..exhibits a tendency to form higher-order chain structures that are broken upon interaction with the receptor Atg19 in vitro The stoichiometry of these cargo-receptor complexes is key to maintaining the size of the Cvt aggregate ..
- Yamaguchi M, Noda N, Nakatogawa H, Kumeta H, Ohsumi Y, Inagaki F. Autophagy-related protein 8 (Atg8) family interacting motif in Atg3 mediates the Atg3-Atg8 interaction and is crucial for the cytoplasm-to-vacuole targeting pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29599-607 pubmed publisher..It is also important in yeast for recognizing target vacuolar enzymes through the receptor protein Atg19 during the cytoplasm-to-vacuole targeting (Cvt) pathway, a selective type of autophagy...
- Watanabe Y, Noda N, Kumeta H, Suzuki K, Ohsumi Y, Inagaki F. Selective transport of alpha-mannosidase by autophagic pathways: structural basis for cargo recognition by Atg19 and Atg34. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30026-33 pubmed publisher..b>Atg19 plays a central role in these processes by linking Ams1 and prApe1 to Atg8 and Atg11...
- Ho K, Chang H, Huang W. Mutation at the cargo-receptor binding site of Atg8 also affects its general autophagy regulation function. Autophagy. 2009;5:461-71 pubmed..be a membrane modifier that both regulates biogenesis of transport vesicles and interacts with the cargo receptor Atg19 for selective autophagic transport of the vacuolar enzyme prApe1 in budding yeast...
- Ma J, Bharucha N, Dobry C, Frisch R, Lawson S, Kumar A. Localization of autophagy-related proteins in yeast using a versatile plasmid-based resource of fluorescent protein fusions. Autophagy. 2008;4:792-800 pubmed..Collectively, this plasmid-based resource of yeast gene-vYFP fusions provides an initial toolkit for a variety of systematic and large-scale localization studies exploring pathway biology in the budding yeast. ..
- Tanaka C, Tan L, Mochida K, Kirisako H, Koizumi M, Asai E, et al. Hrr25 triggers selective autophagy-related pathways by phosphorylating receptor proteins. J Cell Biol. 2014;207:91-105 pubmed publisher..Hrr25 is responsible for the phosphorylation of two receptor proteins: Atg19, which recognizes the assembly of vacuolar enzymes in the cytoplasm-to-vacuole targeting pathway, and Atg36, which ..
- Baxter B, Abeliovich H, Zhang X, Stirling A, Burlingame A, Goldfarb D. Atg19p ubiquitination and the cytoplasm to vacuole trafficking pathway in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39067-76 pubmed..Ape1p and Ams1p bind to their receptor, Atg19p, in the cytosol to form a Cvt complex, which then associates with a membrane structure that envelops the complex ..
- Abert C, Kontaxis G, Martens S. Accessory Interaction Motifs in the Atg19 Cargo Receptor Enable Strong Binding to the Clustered Ubiquitin-related Atg8 Protein. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:18799-808 pubmed publisher..The Atg19 receptor contains multiple Atg8 interaction sites in its C terminus in addition to a canonical Atg8-interacting ..
- Fracchiolla D, Sawa Makarska J, Zens B, Ruiter A, Zaffagnini G, Brezovich A, et al. Mechanism of cargo-directed Atg8 conjugation during selective autophagy. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Here we show that the S. cerevisiae Atg19, Atg34 and the human p62, Optineurin and NDP52 cargo receptors interact with the E3-like enzyme Atg12~Atg5-Atg16, ..
- Chang C, Huang W. Atg19 mediates a dual interaction cargo sorting mechanism in selective autophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:919-29 pubmed..Sequential interactions between Atg19-Atg11 and Atg19-Atg8 pairs are thought responsible for targeting prApe1 to the vesicle formation site, the ..
- Kim J, Huang W, Stromhaug P, Klionsky D. Convergence of multiple autophagy and cytoplasm to vacuole targeting components to a perivacuolar membrane compartment prior to de novo vesicle formation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:763-73 pubmed..designates the initial site of membrane binding by the Apg/Cvt vesicle component Aut7, the Cvt cargo receptor Cvt19, and the Apg conjugation machinery, which functions in the de novo formation of vesicles...
- Sánchez Wandelmer J, Kriegenburg F, Rohringer S, Schuschnig M, Gómez Sánchez R, Zens B, et al. Atg4 proteolytic activity can be inhibited by Atg1 phosphorylation. Nat Commun. 2017;8:295 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show that phosphorylation by Atg1 inhibits Atg4 at autophagosome formation sites. ..