Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATG18
Description: phosphoinositide binding protein ATG18
Alias: AUT10, CVT18, NMR1, SVP1, phosphoinositide binding protein ATG18
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Suzuki K, Akioka M, Kondo Kakuta C, Yamamoto H, Ohsumi Y. Fine mapping of autophagy-related proteins during autophagosome formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:2534-44 pubmed publisher..We designate this localization the 'IM' pattern. The Atg2-Atg18 complex and Atg9 localized to the edge of the IM, appearing as two or three dots, in close proximity to the ..
- Mijaljica D, Prescott M, Devenish R. A late form of nucleophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40013 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the inhibition of LN in some mutants is accompanied by alterations in nuclear morphology. ..
- Romanyuk D, Polak A, Maleszewska A, Sieńko M, Grynberg M, Zoładek T. Human hAtg2A protein expressed in yeast is recruited to preautophagosomal structure but does not complement autophagy defects of atg2? strain. Acta Biochim Pol. 2011;58:365-74 pubmed..did not show interaction with the yeast autophagy protein Atg9 but both Atg2 proteins showed interaction with Atg18, a phospholipid-binding protein, in two-hybrid system...
- Krick R, Henke S, Tolstrup J, Thumm M. Dissecting the localization and function of Atg18, Atg21 and Ygr223c. Autophagy. 2008;4:896-910 pubmed..Deletion of ATG18, ATG21 and YGR223c, alone or simultaneously has no obvious function on the MVB-pathway and CPY-sorting...
- Reggiori F, Tucker K, Stromhaug P, Klionsky D. The Atg1-Atg13 complex regulates Atg9 and Atg23 retrieval transport from the pre-autophagosomal structure. Dev Cell. 2004;6:79-90 pubmed..is essential only for retrograde transport of Atg23, while recycling of Atg9 requires additional factors including Atg18 and Atg2...
- He C, Baba M, Cao Y, Klionsky D. Self-interaction is critical for Atg9 transport and function at the phagophore assembly site during autophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5506-16 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model in which Atg9 multimerization facilitates membrane flow to the PAS for phagophore formation. ..
- Ma J, Bharucha N, Dobry C, Frisch R, Lawson S, Kumar A. Localization of autophagy-related proteins in yeast using a versatile plasmid-based resource of fluorescent protein fusions. Autophagy. 2008;4:792-800 pubmed..Collectively, this plasmid-based resource of yeast gene-vYFP fusions provides an initial toolkit for a variety of systematic and large-scale localization studies exploring pathway biology in the budding yeast. ..
- Maeda Y, Oku M, Sakai Y. A defect of the vacuolar putative lipase Atg15 accelerates degradation of lipid droplets through lipolysis. Autophagy. 2015;11:1247-58 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence for a novel link between autophagic flux and LD dynamics integrated with Atg15 activity. ..
- Shen Z, Li Y, Gasparski A, Abeliovich H, Greenberg M. Cardiolipin Regulates Mitophagy through the Protein Kinase C Pathway. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2916-2923 pubmed publisher..Mutants of autophagy/mitophagy genes ATG8, ATG18, and ATG32 synthetically interact with CL synthase mutant crd1Î”...
- Georgakopoulos T, Koutroubas G, Vakonakis I, Tzermia M, Prokova V, Voutsina A, et al. Functional analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae YFR021w/YGR223c/YPL100w ORF family suggests relations to mitochondrial/peroxisomal functions and amino acid signalling pathways. Yeast. 2001;18:1155-71 pubmed..We found no unique phenotype attributed to the deletion of YGR223c. However, its function interferes with the function of the other two ORFs, as revealed by the effects of double- and triple-ORF deletions. ..
- Nair U, Cao Y, Xie Z, Klionsky D. Roles of the lipid-binding motifs of Atg18 and Atg21 in the cytoplasm to vacuole targeting pathway and autophagy. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11476-88 pubmed publisherb>Atg18 and Atg21 are homologous WD-40 repeat proteins that bind phosphoinositides via a novel conserved Phe-Arg-Arg-Gly motif and function in autophagy-related pathways...
- Obara K, Sekito T, Niimi K, Ohsumi Y. The Atg18-Atg2 complex is recruited to autophagic membranes via phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate and exerts an essential function. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23972-80 pubmed publisherb>Atg18 is essential for both autophagy and the regulation of vacuolar morphology. The latter process is mediated by phosphatidylinositol 3,5-bisphosphate binding, which is dispensable for autophagy...
- Watanabe Y, Kobayashi T, Yamamoto H, Hoshida H, Akada R, Inagaki F, et al. Structure-based analyses reveal distinct binding sites for Atg2 and phosphoinositides in Atg18. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:31681-90 pubmed publisher..b>Atg18 plays a critical role in autophagosome formation as a complex with Atg2 and phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate (..
- Rieter E, Vinke F, Bakula D, Cebollero E, Ungermann C, Proikas Cezanne T, et al. Atg18 function in autophagy is regulated by specific sites within its ?-propeller. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:593-604 pubmed publisher..It is characterized by the formation of double-membrane autophagosomes at the phagophore assembly site (PAS). Atg18 is essential for autophagy but also for vacuole homeostasis and probably endosomal functions...
- Suzuki K, Kubota Y, Sekito T, Ohsumi Y. Hierarchy of Atg proteins in pre-autophagosomal structure organization. Genes Cells. 2007;12:209-18 pubmed
- Krick R, Tolstrup J, Appelles A, Henke S, Thumm M. The relevance of the phosphatidylinositolphosphat-binding motif FRRGT of Atg18 and Atg21 for the Cvt pathway and autophagy. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4632-8 pubmedb>Atg18 and Atg21 are homologous S. cerevisiae autophagy proteins. Atg18 is essential for biogenesis of Cvt vesicles and autophagosomes, while Atg21 is only essential for Cvt vesicle formation...