Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATG14
Alias: APG14, CVT12, Atg14p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Seo A, Lau P, Feliciano D, Sengupta P, Gros M, Cinquin B, et al. AMPK and vacuole-associated Atg14p orchestrate ?-lipophagy for energy production and long-term survival under glucose starvation. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activation triggered this pathway, which required Atg14p. More gradual glucose starvation, amino acid deprivation or rapamycin did not trigger µ-lipophagy and failed to ..
- Kruse K, Brodsky J, McCracken A. Characterization of an ERAD gene as VPS30/ATG6 reveals two alternative and functionally distinct protein quality control pathways: one for soluble Z variant of human alpha-1 proteinase inhibitor (A1PiZ) and another for aggregates of A1PiZ. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:203-12 pubmed..These findings illustrate the complex nature of protein quality control in the secretion pathway and reveal multiple sites that recognize and sort both soluble and aggregated forms of aberrant or misfolded proteins. ..
- Heenan E, Vanhooke J, Temple B, Betts L, SONDEK J, Dohlman H. Structure and function of Vps15 in the endosomal G protein signaling pathway. Biochemistry. 2009;48:6390-401 pubmed publisher..We show further that the WD domain is sufficient to bind Gpa1 as well as to Atg14, a potential Ggamma protein that exists in a complex with Vps15...
- Grunau S, Lay D, Mindthoff S, Platta H, Girzalsky W, Just W, et al. The phosphoinositide 3-kinase Vps34p is required for pexophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2011;434:161-70 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that PtdIns3P-mediated signalling is required for pexophagy. ..
- Kakuta S, Yamamoto H, Negishi L, Kondo Kakuta C, Hayashi N, Ohsumi Y. Atg9 vesicles recruit vesicle-tethering proteins Trs85 and Ypt1 to the autophagosome formation site. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:44261-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Atg9 vesicles recruit the TRAPPIII complex and Ypt1 to the preautophagosomal structure. The vesicle-tethering machinery consequently acts in the process of autophagosome formation. ..