Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ASC1
Description: guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunit beta
Alias: ASU9, CPC2, NAD1, guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunit beta
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Chiabudini M, Tais A, Zhang Y, Hayashi S, WÃ¶lfle T, Fitzke E, et al. Release factor eRF3 mediates premature translation termination on polylysine-stalled ribosomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:4062-76 pubmed publisher..polylysine synthesis was abolished when ribosome stalling was prevented due to the absence of the ribosomal protein Asc1. In contrast, premature termination was enhanced, when the general rate of translation elongation was lowered...
- SchÃ¼tz S, Fischer U, Altvater M, Nerurkar P, PeÃ±a C, Gerber M, et al. A RanGTP-independent mechanism allows ribosomal protein nuclear import for ribosome assembly. elife. 2014;3:e03473 pubmed publisher..We anticipate similar carriers-termed here escortins-to securely connect the nuclear import machinery with pathways that deposit r-proteins onto developing pre-ribosomal particles. ..
- Yatime L, Hein K, Nilsson J, Nissen P. Structure of the RACK1 dimer from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Mol Biol. 2011;411:486-98 pubmed publisher..We discuss the significance of the dimer structure for RACK1 function. ..
- Moabbi A, Agarwal N, El Kaderi B, Ansari A. Role for gene looping in intron-mediated enhancement of transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:8505-10 pubmed publisher..To address this issue, we inserted an intron in INO1, which is a nonintronic gene, and deleted the intron from ASC1, which contains a natural intron...
- Kouba T, DÃ¡nyi I, GuniÅ¡ovÃ¡ S, MunzarovÃ¡ V, VlÄkovÃ¡ V, CuchalovÃ¡ L, et al. Small ribosomal protein RPS0 stimulates translation initiation by mediating 40S-binding of eIF3 via its direct contact with the eIF3a/TIF32 subunit. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40464 pubmed publisher..Together we conclude that the interaction between the flexible RPS0A-CTT and the residues 200-400 of the a/TIF32-NTD significantly stimulates attachment of eIF3 and its associated eIFs to small ribosomal subunits in vivo. ..
- Luz J, Georg R, Gomes C, Machado Santelli G, Oliveira C. Sdo1p, the yeast orthologue of Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome protein, binds RNA and interacts with nuclear rRNA-processing factors. Yeast. 2009;26:287-98 pubmed publisher..Sdo1p binds RNA directly, suggesting that it may associate with the ribosomal subunits also through RNA interaction. ..
- Valerius O, Kleinschmidt M, Rachfall N, Schulze F, López Marín S, Hoppert M, et al. The Saccharomyces homolog of mammalian RACK1, Cpc2/Asc1p, is required for FLO11-dependent adhesive growth and dimorphism. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1968-79 pubmed..Deletion of CPC2/ASC1 abolished amino acid starvation-induced adhesive growth and impaired basal expression of FLO11 and its ..
- Kleinschmidt M, Schulz R, Braus G. The yeast CPC2/ASC1 gene is regulated by the transcription factors Fhl1p and Ifh1p. Curr Genet. 2006;49:218-28 pubmedCPC2/ASC1 is one of the most abundantly transcribed genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. It encodes a ribosome-associated Gbeta-like WD protein, which is highly conserved from yeast to man...
- Tarnowski K, Fituch K, Szczepanowski R, Dadlez M, Kaus Drobek M. Patterns of structural dynamics in RACK1 protein retained throughout evolution: a hydrogen-deuterium exchange study of three orthologs. Protein Sci. 2014;23:639-51 pubmed publisher..This was exemplified by our additional analysis of yeast RACK1 dimer, which showed stabilization, as well as destabilization, of several interface regions upon dimer formation. ..
- Peña C, Schütz S, Fischer U, Chang Y, Panse V. Prefabrication of a ribosomal protein subcomplex essential for eukaryotic ribosome formation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, prefabrication of a native-like r-protein subcomplex drives efficient and accurate construction of the eukaryotic ribosome. ..
- Lee R, Brunette S, Puente L, Megeney L. Metacaspase Yca1 is required for clearance of insoluble protein aggregates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13348-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that Yca1 contributes to the fitness and adaptability of growing yeast through an aggregate remodeling activity. ..
- Chantrel Y, Gaisne M, Lions C, Verdiére J. The transcriptional regulator Hap1p (Cyp1p) is essential for anaerobic or heme-deficient growth of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: Genetic and molecular characterization of an extragenic suppressor that encodes a WD repeat protein. Genetics. 1998;148:559-69 pubmed..extragenic suppressors of a hap1-hem1- strain allowed the identification, cloning, and molecular analysis of ASC1 (Cyp1 Absence of growth Supressor)...
- Phan V, Ding V, Li F, Chalkley R, Burlingame A, McCormick F. The RasGAP proteins Ira2 and neurofibromin are negatively regulated by Gpb1 in yeast and ETEA in humans. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2264-79 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for conserved ubiquitination pathways regulating the RasGAP proteins Ira2 (in yeast) and neurofibromin (in humans). ..
- Galvão F, Rossi D, Silveira W, Valentini S, Zanelli C. The deoxyhypusine synthase mutant dys1-1 reveals the association of eIF5A and Asc1 with cell wall integrity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60140 pubmed publisher..We observed that the dys1-1 genetically interacts with the sole yeast protein kinase C (Pkc1) and Asc1, a component of the 40S ribosomal subunit...
- Sezen B, Seedorf M, Schiebel E. The SESA network links duplication of the yeast centrosome with the protein translation machinery. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1559-70 pubmed publisher..comprising the GYF domain protein Smy2, the translation inhibitor Eap1, the mRNA-binding protein Scp160 and the Asc1 protein, specifically inhibits initiation of translation of POM34 mRNA that encodes an integral membrane protein of ..
- Basmaji F, Martin Yken H, Durand F, Dagkessamanskaia A, Pichereaux C, Rossignol M, et al. The 'interactome' of the Knr4/Smi1, a protein implicated in coordinating cell wall synthesis with bud emergence in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;275:217-30 pubmed..The last group contained four proteins (Asc1, Ubc1, Hsc82 and Gvp36) that probably deal with the stability/degradation of proteins...
- Wolf A, Grayhack E. Asc1, homolog of human RACK1, prevents frameshifting in yeast by ribosomes stalled at CGA codon repeats. RNA. 2015;21:935-45 pubmed publisher..The conserved eukaryotic Asc1 protein limits translation through internal Arg CGA codon repeats...
- Schmitt K, Smolinski N, Neumann P, Schmaul S, Hofer Pretz V, Braus G, et al. Asc1p/RACK1 Connects Ribosomes to Eukaryotic Phosphosignaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..of phosphosite T143 to a dephosphorylation-mimicking alanine, probably through proteasomal degradation, leading to asc1- phenotypes...
- Li J, Lu N, Huang B. [Roles of G-protein beta and gamma subunits in the interaction of G beta gamma with adenylyl cyclases II]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2001;23:115-8 pubmed
- Sitron C, Park J, Brandman O. Asc1, Hel2, and Slh1 couple translation arrest to nascent chain degradation. RNA. 2017;23:798-810 pubmed publisher..on two poorly understood 80S ribosome-binding proteins previously implicated in the response to failed translation, Asc1 and Hel2, as well as a new component of the pathway, Slh1, that we identified here...
- Limoncelli K, Merrikh C, Moore M. ASC1 and RPS3: new actors in 18S nonfunctional rRNA decay. RNA. 2017;23:1946-1960 pubmed publisher..Complete stabilization of mutant 18S rRNA in dom34Î”;asc1Î” and hbs1Î”;asc1Î” strains indicates the existence of two genetically separable 18S NRD ..