Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARX1
Description: putative hydrolase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bassler J, Grandi P, Gadal O, Lessmann T, Petfalski E, Tollervey D, et al. Identification of a 60S preribosomal particle that is closely linked to nuclear export. Mol Cell. 2001;8:517-29 pubmed..Eight of these proteins were copurified with nuclear pore complexes, suggesting that this complex represents the transport intermediate for 60S subunit export. ..
- Pertschy B, Saveanu C, Zisser G, Lebreton A, Tengg M, Jacquier A, et al. Cytoplasmic recycling of 60S preribosomal factors depends on the AAA protein Drg1. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:6581-92 pubmed..of Drg1 leads to an increased cytoplasmic localization of shuttling pre-60S maturation factors like Rlp24, Arx1, and Tif6...
- Lebreton A, Saveanu C, Decourty L, Rain J, Jacquier A, Fromont Racine M. A functional network involved in the recycling of nucleocytoplasmic pre-60S factors. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:349-60 pubmed..The accumulation in the cytoplasm of a small complex formed by the association of Arx1 with a novel factor, Alb1/Yjl122w, inhibits the release of the putative antiassociation factor Tif6 from the ..
- Meyer A, Hung N, Yang P, Johnson A, Craig E. The specialized cytosolic J-protein, Jjj1, functions in 60S ribosomal subunit biogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:1558-63 pubmed
- Hung N, Johnson A. Nuclear recycling of the pre-60S ribosomal subunit-associated factor Arx1 depends on Rei1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3718-27 pubmedb>Arx1 and Rei1 are found on late pre-60S ribosomal particles containing the export adaptor Nmd3...
- Bussiere C, Hashem Y, Arora S, Frank J, Johnson A. Integrity of the P-site is probed during maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunit. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:747-59 pubmed publisher..We propose that Efl1 promotes a functional check of the integrity of the 60S subunit before its first round of translation. ..
- Kallstrom G, Hedges J, Johnson A. The putative GTPases Nog1p and Lsg1p are required for 60S ribosomal subunit biogenesis and are localized to the nucleus and cytoplasm, respectively. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4344-55 pubmed..Since Lsg1p is cytoplasmic, its role in nuclear export is likely to be indirect. We suggest that Lsg1p is needed to recycle an export factor(s) that shuttles from the nucleus associated with the nascent 60S subunit. ..
- Yao Y, Demoinet E, Saveanu C, Lenormand P, Jacquier A, Fromont Racine M. Ecm1 is a new pre-ribosomal factor involved in pre-60S particle export. RNA. 2010;16:1007-17 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the identification of a novel pre-60S factor, Ecm1, which partially acts like Arx1 and becomes essential when the NPC function is affected...
- Lo K, Li Z, Bussiere C, Bresson S, Marcotte E, Johnson A. Defining the pathway of cytoplasmic maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunit. Mol Cell. 2010;39:196-208 pubmed publisher..Finally, the release of Tif6 is a prerequisite for the release of the nuclear export adaptor Nmd3. Establishing this pathway provides an important conceptual framework for understanding ribosome maturation. ..
- Occhipinti L, Chang Y, Altvater M, Menet A, Kemmler S, Panse V. Non-FG mediated transport of the large pre-ribosomal subunit through the nuclear pore complex by the mRNA export factor Gle2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8266-79 pubmed publisher..We propose that large complex cargos rely on non-FG as well as FG-interactions for their efficient translocation through the nuclear pore complex channel. ..
- RodrÃguez GalÃ¡n O, GarcÃa GÃ³mez J, Kressler D, de la Cruz J. Immature large ribosomal subunits containing the 7S pre-rRNA can engage in translation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA Biol. 2015;12:838-46 pubmed publisher..8s rrna. ..
- Gómez Herreros F, Margaritis T, Rodríguez Galán O, Pelechano V, Begley V, Millán Zambrano G, et al. The ribosome assembly gene network is controlled by the feedback regulation of transcription elongation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9302-9318 pubmed publisher..On the whole, this work uncovers a feedback control of ribosome biogenesis by fine-tuning transcription elongation in ribosome assembly factor-coding genes. ..
- Ma C, Wu S, Li N, Chen Y, Yan K, Li Z, et al. Structural snapshot of cytoplasmic pre-60S ribosomal particles bound by Nmd3, Lsg1, Tif6 and Reh1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2017;24:214-220 pubmed publisher..These findings pinpoint a structural checkpoint role for Nmd3 in PTC assembly, and provide information about functional and mechanistic roles of these assembly factors in the maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunit. ..
- Sarkar A, Pech M, Thoms M, Beckmann R, Hurt E. Ribosome-stalk biogenesis is coupled with recruitment of nuclear-export factor to the nascent 60S subunit. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:1074-1082 pubmed publisher..Thus, a spatiotemporal mark on the ribosomal stalk controls the recruitment of an RNA-export receptor to the nascent 60S subunit. ..
- Ting Y, Lu T, Johnson A, Shie J, Chen B, Kumar S S, et al. Bcp1 Is the Nuclear Chaperone of Rpl23 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:585-596 pubmed publisher..Loss of Bcp1 causes instability of Rpl23 and deficiency of 60S subunits. In summary, Bcp1 is a novel 60S biogenesis factor via chaperoning Rpl23 in the nucleus. ..
- Castle C, Sardana R, Dandekar V, Borgianini V, Johnson A, Denicourt C. Las1 interacts with Grc3 polynucleotide kinase and is required for ribosome synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:1135-50 pubmed publisher..We propose that Las1 and Grc3 function together in a conserved mechanism to modulate rRNA processing and eukaryotic ribosome biogenesis. ..
- Yang Y, Ting Y, Liang K, Lo K. The Roles of Puf6 and Loc1 in 60S Biogenesis Are Interdependent, and Both Are Required for Efficient Accommodation of Rpl43. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:19312-23 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the recruitment of Rpl43 is required for the release of Puf6 and Loc1. We propose that Puf6 and Loc1 facilitate Rpl43 loading and are sequentially released from 60S after incorporation of Rpl43 into ribosomes in yeast. ..
- Loibl M, Klein I, Prattes M, Schmidt C, Kappel L, Zisser G, et al. The drug diazaborine blocks ribosome biogenesis by inhibiting the AAA-ATPase Drg1. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3913-22 pubmed publisher..Our results identify the first target of an inhibitor of ribosome biogenesis and provide the mechanism of inhibition of a key step in large ribosomal subunit formation. ..
- Matsuo Y, Granneman S, Thoms M, Manikas R, Tollervey D, Hurt E. Coupled GTPase and remodelling ATPase activities form a checkpoint for ribosome export. Nature. 2014;505:112-116 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Nug2 is a regulatory GTPase that monitors pre-60S maturation, with release from its placeholder site linked to recruitment of the nuclear export machinery. ..
- Greber B, Gerhardy S, Leitner A, Leibundgut M, Salem M, Boehringer D, et al. Insertion of the Biogenesis Factor Rei1 Probes the Ribosomal Tunnel during 60S Maturation. Cell. 2016;164:91-102 pubmed publisher..cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) structure of the yeast 60S subunit in complex with the biogenesis factors Rei1, Arx1, and Alb1 at 3.4Â Ã… resolution...
- Greber B, Boehringer D, Montellese C, Ban N. Cryo-EM structures of Arx1 and maturation factors Rei1 and Jjj1 bound to the 60S ribosomal subunit. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1228-33 pubmed publisher..We have biochemically characterized ribosomal complexes of the yeast 60S-biogenesis factor Arx1 and late-maturation factors Rei1 and Jjj1 and determined their cryo-EM structures...
- Merl J, Jakob S, Ridinger K, Hierlmeier T, Deutzmann R, Milkereit P, et al. Analysis of ribosome biogenesis factor-modules in yeast cells depleted from pre-ribosomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:3068-80 pubmed publisher..The data presented strengthen the idea that assembly of eukaryotic pre-ribosomal particles can result from transient association of distinct building blocks. ..
- Albanèse V, Reissmann S, Frydman J. A ribosome-anchored chaperone network that facilitates eukaryotic ribosome biogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:69-81 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that, in addition to their known cytoplasmic roles in de novo protein folding, some ribosome-anchored CLIPS chaperones play a critical role in nuclear steps of ribosome biogenesis. ..