Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARP8
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Shen X, Mizuguchi G, Hamiche A, Wu C. A chromatin remodelling complex involved in transcription and DNA processing. Nature. 2000;406:541-4 pubmed..These results indicate that chromatin remodelling driven by the Ino80 ATPase may be connected to transcription as well as DNA damage repair. ..
- Chen X, Cui D, Papusha A, Zhang X, Chu C, Tang J, et al. The Fun30 nucleosome remodeller promotes resection of DNA double-strand break ends. Nature. 2012;489:576-80 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest that Fun30 helps to overcome the inhibitory effect of Rad9 on DNA resection. ..
- Saravanan M, Wuerges J, Bose D, McCormack E, Cook N, Zhang X, et al. Interactions between the nucleosome histone core and Arp8 in the INO80 chromatin remodeling complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20883-8 pubmed publisherActin-related protein Arp8 is a component of the INO80 chromatin remodeling complex...
- Klopf E, Paskova L, Sole C, Mas G, Petryshyn A, Posas F, et al. Cooperation between the INO80 complex and histone chaperones determines adaptation of stress gene transcription in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4994-5007 pubmed publisher..Thus, chromatin remodeling by INO80 in cooperation with Spt6 determines the shape of the expression profile under acute stress conditions, possibly by an elongation-dependent mechanism. ..
- Brown C, Hung G, Dunton D, Chiang H. The TOR complex 1 is distributed in endosomes and in retrograde vesicles that form from the vacuole membrane and plays an important role in the vacuole import and degradation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23359-70 pubmed publisher..We suggest that TORC1 interacts with multiple cargo proteins destined for the Vid pathway and plays an important role in the degradation of FBPase in the vacuole. ..
- Kapoor P, Chen M, Winkler D, Luger K, Shen X. Evidence for monomeric actin function in INO80 chromatin remodeling. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:426-32 pubmed publisher..Our results establish an evolutionarily conserved function of nuclear actin in its monomeric form and suggest that nuclear actin can utilize a fundamentally distinct mechanism from that of cytoplasmic actin. ..
- Bonetti D, Anbalagan S, Lucchini G, Clerici M, Longhese M. Tbf1 and Vid22 promote resection and non-homologous end joining of DNA double-strand break ends. EMBO J. 2013;32:275-89 pubmed publisher..Finally, inactivation of either Tbf1 or Vid22 impairs nucleosome eviction around the DSB, suggesting that these proteins promote efficient repair of the break by influencing chromatin identity in its surroundings. ..
- Tosi A, Haas C, Herzog F, Gilmozzi A, Berninghausen O, Ungewickell C, et al. Structure and subunit topology of the INO80 chromatin remodeler and its nucleosome complex. Cell. 2013;154:1207-19 pubmed publisher..nucleosome-binding Nhp10 module localizes to the body, whereas the module that contains actin, Arp4, and Arp8 maps to the foot...
- Ford J, Odeyale O, Shen C. Activator-dependent recruitment of SWI/SNF and INO80 during INO1 activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;373:602-6 pubmed publisher..In light of these findings, we proposed a model which describes the order of events in INO1 activation. ..
- Yao W, King D, Beckwith S, Gowans G, Yen K, Zhou C, et al. The INO80 Complex Requires the Arp5-Ies6 Subcomplex for Chromatin Remodeling and Metabolic Regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:979-91 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate the dynamic nature of the INO80 complex assembly and demonstrate for the first time that a chromatin remodeler regulates glycolytic and respiratory capacity, thereby maintaining metabolic stability. ..
- Putnam C, Hayes T, Kolodner R. Specific pathways prevent duplication-mediated genome rearrangements. Nature. 2009;460:984-9 pubmed publisher..This explains how extensive genome instability is prevented in eukaryotic cells whose genomes contain numerous divergent repeated sequences...
- Watanabe S, Tan D, Lakshminarasimhan M, Washburn M, Hong E, Walz T, et al. Structural analyses of the chromatin remodelling enzymes INO80-C and SWR-C. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7108 pubmed publisher..EM studies define the position of the Arp8/Arp4/Act1 module within INO80-C, and we find that this module enhances nucleosome-binding affinity but is largely ..
- Yu E, Steinberg Neifach O, Dandjinou A, Kang F, Morrison A, Shen X, et al. Regulation of telomere structure and functions by subunits of the INO80 chromatin remodeling complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5639-49 pubmed..In addition, a delay in survivor formation was observed in an Arp8p-deficient mutant...
- Tosti E, Katakowski J, Schaetzlein S, Kim H, Ryan C, Shales M, et al. Evolutionarily conserved genetic interactions with budding and fission yeast MutS identify orthologous relationships in mismatch repair-deficient cancer cells. Genome Med. 2014;6:68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provide novel insights into the genome maintenance functions of a critical DNA repair complex and propose a promising targeted treatment for MMR deficient tumors. ..
- Gerhold C, Winkler D, Lakomek K, Seifert F, Fenn S, Kessler B, et al. Structure of Actin-related protein 8 and its contribution to nucleosome binding. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:11036-46 pubmed publisher..We report the crystal structure of the INO80 complex subunit Arp8 in its ATP-bound form...
- Tsvetanova N, Klass D, Salzman J, Brown P. Proteome-wide search reveals unexpected RNA-binding proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that many more RBPs still remain to be identified and provide a set of candidates for further investigation. ..
- Hauer M, Seeber A, Singh V, Thierry R, Sack R, Amitai A, et al. Histone degradation in response to DNA damage enhances chromatin dynamics and recombination rates. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2017;24:99-107 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that a generalized reduction in nucleosome occupancy is an integral part of the DNA damage response in yeast that provides mechanisms for enhanced chromatin mobility and homology search. ..
- Yao W, Beckwith S, Zheng T, Young T, Dinh V, Ranjan A, et al. Assembly of the Arp5 (Actin-related Protein) Subunit Involved in Distinct INO80 Chromatin Remodeling Activities. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:25700-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results define the requirements of Arp5-Ies6 assembly, which are needed to couple ATP hydrolysis to productive nucleosome movement. ..