Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARP7
Alias: RSC11, SWP61, Arp7p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Treich I, Cairns B, de los Santos T, Brewster E, Carlson M. SNF11, a new component of the yeast SNF-SWI complex that interacts with a conserved region of SNF2. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:4240-8 pubmed..SNF11 interacts with a 40-residue sequence of SNF2 that is highly conserved, suggesting that SNF11 homologs exist in other organisms. ..
- Cairns B, Kim Y, Sayre M, Laurent B, Kornberg R. A multisubunit complex containing the SWI1/ADR6, SWI2/SNF2, SWI3, SNF5, and SNF6 gene products isolated from yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:1950-4 pubmed..Physical association of these proteins was demonstrated by copurification and coimmunoprecipitation. A potent DNA-dependent ATPase copurified with the complex, and this activity was evidently associated with SWI2/SNF2. ..
- Carey M, Li B, Workman J. RSC exploits histone acetylation to abrogate the nucleosomal block to RNA polymerase II elongation. Mol Cell. 2006;24:481-7 pubmed..Thus, RSC can recognize acetylated nucleosomes and facilitate passage of Pol II through them. These data support the view that histone modifications regulate accessibility of the coding region to Pol II. ..
- Hassan A, Awad S, Prochasson P. The Swi2/Snf2 bromodomain is required for the displacement of SAGA and the octamer transfer of SAGA-acetylated nucleosomes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18126-34 pubmed..Thus, the Swi2/Snf2 bromodomain is required for the full functional activity of SWI/SNF on acetylated nucleosomes and is important for the displacement of SAGA from acetylated promoter nucleosomes. ..
- Krajewski W, Reese J. SET domains of histone methyltransferases recognize ISWI-remodeled nucleosomal species. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:552-64 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals novel insights into the mechanism of how SET domains recognize different chromatin states and specify histone methylation at active loci. ..
- Sen P, Ghosh S, Pugh B, Bartholomew B. A new, highly conserved domain in Swi2/Snf2 is required for SWI/SNF remodeling. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:9155-66 pubmed publisher..The SnAC domain positively regulates the catalytic activity of the ATPase domain of SWI/SNF to hydrolyze ATP without significantly affecting its affinity for ATP. ..
- Schubert H, Wittmeyer J, Kasten M, Hinata K, Rawling D, Heroux A, et al. Structure of an actin-related subcomplex of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeler. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:3345-50 pubmed publisher..the structure of a four-protein subcomplex within the SWI/SNF remodeler that comprises the Snf2 HSA domain, Arp7, Arp9, and repressor of Ty1 transposition, gene 102 (Rtt102)...
- Kapoor P, Bao Y, Xiao J, Luo J, Shen J, Persinger J, et al. Regulation of Mec1 kinase activity by the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex. Genes Dev. 2015;29:591-602 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify a novel regulator of Mec1 kinase activity and suggest that ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes can regulate nonchromatin substrates such as a checkpoint kinase. ..
- Cairns B, Henry N, Kornberg R. TFG/TAF30/ANC1, a component of the yeast SWI/SNF complex that is similar to the leukemogenic proteins ENL and AF-9. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:3308-16 pubmed..These results suggest that ENL and AF-9 proteins interact with the SNF5 component of the human SWI/SNF complex and raise the possibility that the SWI/SNF complex is involved in acute leukemia. ..
- Smith C, Peterson C. Coupling tandem affinity purification and quantitative tyrosine iodination to determine subunit stoichiometry of protein complexes. Methods. 2003;31:104-9 pubmed
- Lia G, Praly E, Ferreira H, Stockdale C, Tse Dinh Y, Dunlap D, et al. Direct observation of DNA distortion by the RSC complex. Mol Cell. 2006;21:417-25 pubmed..These observations support the idea that the ATPase motors of the Snf2 family of proteins act as DNA translocases specialized to generate transient distortions in DNA structure. ..
- Angus Hill M, Schlichter A, Roberts D, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Cairns B. A Rsc3/Rsc30 zinc cluster dimer reveals novel roles for the chromatin remodeler RSC in gene expression and cell cycle control. Mol Cell. 2001;7:741-51 pubmed..We propose that Rsc3 and Rsc30 interact physically but have different roles in targeting or regulating RSC. ..
- Neely K, Hassan A, Wallberg A, Steger D, Cairns B, Wright A, et al. Activation domain-mediated targeting of the SWI/SNF complex to promoters stimulates transcription from nucleosome arrays. Mol Cell. 1999;4:649-55 pubmed..The similarity of activation domain interactions and transcriptional stimulation between SWI/SNF and the SAGA histone acetyltransferase complex may account for their apparent overlapping functions in vivo. ..
- Peterson C, Zhao Y, Chait B. Subunits of the yeast SWI/SNF complex are members of the actin-related protein (ARP) family. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:23641-4 pubmed..is comprised of 11 tightly associated polypeptides (SWI1, SWI2, SWI3, SNF5, SNF6, SNF11, SWP82, SWP73, SWP59, SWP61, and SWP29)...
- Andress E, Holic R, Edelmann M, Kessler B, Yu V. Dia2 controls transcription by mediating assembly of the RSC complex. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21172 pubmed publisher..Dia2, by controlling the RSC chromatin remodeller, fine-tunes transcription by controlling nucleosome positioning during transcriptional activation and repression. ..
- Lorch Y, Maier Davis B, Kornberg R. Chromatin remodeling by nucleosome disassembly in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3090-3 pubmed..RSC and related chromatin-remodeling complexes may be responsible for the removal of promoter nucleosomes during transcriptional activation in vivo. ..
- Harata M, Oma Y, Tabuchi T, Zhang Y, Stillman D, Mizuno S. Multiple actin-related proteins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae are present in the nucleus. J Biochem. 2000;128:665-71 pubmed
- Ferreira H, Flaus A, Owen Hughes T. Histone modifications influence the action of Snf2 family remodelling enzymes by different mechanisms. J Mol Biol. 2007;374:563-79 pubmed..These observations illustrate a range of different means by which modifications to histones can influence the action of remodelling enzymes. ..
- Damelin M, Simon I, Moy T, Wilson B, Komili S, Tempst P, et al. The genome-wide localization of Rsc9, a component of the RSC chromatin-remodeling complex, changes in response to stress. Mol Cell. 2002;9:563-73 pubmed..Our results illustrate the response of a chromatin-remodeling factor to signaling cascades and suggest that changes in the activity of chromatin-remodeling factors are reflected in changes in their localization in the genome. ..
- Szerlong H, Saha A, Cairns B. The nuclear actin-related proteins Arp7 and Arp9: a dimeric module that cooperates with architectural proteins for chromatin remodeling. EMBO J. 2003;22:3175-87 pubmed..The yeast SWI/SNF and RSC complexes contain Arp7 and Arp9, and are shown to form a stable heterodimer with the properties of a functional module...
- Turegun B, Kast D, Dominguez R. Subunit Rtt102 controls the conformation of the Arp7/9 heterodimer and its interactions with nucleotide and the catalytic subunit of SWI/SNF remodelers. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35758-68 pubmed publisher..The catalytic subunits of SWI/SNF remodelers recruit Arp7/9 through a helicase/SANT-associated (HSA) domain N-terminal to the ATPase domain...
- Fischer C, Saha A, Cairns B. Kinetic model for the ATP-dependent translocation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RSC along double-stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 2007;46:12416-26 pubmed..These results are further discussed in the context of previously published studies of RSC and other DNA translocases. ..
- Cairns B, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Winston F, Kornberg R. Two actin-related proteins are shared functional components of the chromatin-remodeling complexes RSC and SWI/SNF. Mol Cell. 1998;2:639-51 pubmed..two related chromatin-remodeling complexes, RSC and SWI/SNF, which are shown to share the actin-related proteins Arp7 and Arp9...
- Dechassa M, Hota S, Sen P, Chatterjee N, Prasad P, Bartholomew B. Disparity in the DNA translocase domains of SWI/SNF and ISW2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4412-21 pubmed publisher..These differences are likely mediated through interactions with the histone surface. The placement of SWI/SNF between the octamer and DNA could make it easier to disrupt histone-DNA interactions. ..
- Lobsiger J, Hunziker Y, Richmond T. Structure of the full-length yeast Arp7-Arp9 heterodimer. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2014;70:310-6 pubmed publisherThe nuclear actin-related proteins Arp7 and Arp9 are components of the yeast SWI/SNF and RSC chromatin-remodelling complexes. The 3...