Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARP1
Description: actin-related protein 1
Alias: ACT5, actin-related protein 1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bergman Z, Xia X, Amaro I, Huffaker T. Constitutive dynein activity in She1 mutants reveals differences in microtubule attachment at the yeast spindle pole body. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2319-26 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that inhibition of dynein activity by She1 is important to prevent excessive detachment of cytoplasmic microtubules, particularly in G1 cells. ..
- Liu W, Santiago Tirado F, Bretscher A. Yeast formin Bni1p has multiple localization regions that function in polarized growth and spindle orientation. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:412-22 pubmed publisher..These results define an unexpected complexity in the mechanism of formin localization and function. ..
- Wu W, Alami S, Luk E, Wu C, Sen S, Mizuguchi G, et al. Swc2 is a widely conserved H2AZ-binding module essential for ATP-dependent histone exchange. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:1064-71 pubmed..Finally, the C-terminal alpha-helix of H2AZ is crucial for its recognition by SWR1. These findings provide insight on the initial events of histone exchange. ..
- Moore J, Li J, Cooper J. Dynactin function in mitotic spindle positioning. Traffic. 2008;9:510-27 pubmed publisher..Interactions among the subunits support a molecular model that resembles the current model for brain dynactin in many respects; however, three subunits at the pointed end of brain dynactin appear to be absent from yeast. ..
- Kardon J, Reck Peterson S, Vale R. Regulation of the processivity and intracellular localization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae dynein by dynactin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:5669-74 pubmed publisher..Instead, a segment of the coiled-coil of Nip100 is required for these activities. Our results directly demonstrate that dynactin increases the processivity of dynein through a mechanism independent of microtubule tethering. ..
- Scarfone I, Venturetti M, Hotz M, Lengefeld J, Barral Y, Piatti S. Asymmetry of the budding yeast Tem1 GTPase at spindle poles is required for spindle positioning but not for mitotic exit. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004938 pubmed publisher..Thus, asymmetry of the Bub2/Bfa1/Tem1 complex is crucial to control Kar9 distribution and spindle positioning during mitosis. ..
- Chao J, Wong A, Tavassoli S, Young B, Chruscicki A, Fang N, et al. Polarization of the endoplasmic reticulum by ER-septin tethering. Cell. 2014;158:620-32 pubmed publisher..ER-septin tethering polarizes the ER into separate mother and bud domains, one function of which is to position the spindle in the mother until M phase by confining the spindle capture protein Num1 to the mother ER. ..
- Haarer B, Helfant A, Nelson S, Cooper J, Amberg D. Stable preanaphase spindle positioning requires Bud6p and an apparent interaction between the spindle pole bodies and the neck. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:797-807 pubmed
- Igarashi R, Suzuki M, Nogami S, Ohya Y. Molecular dissection of ARP1 regions required for nuclear migration and cell wall integrity checkpoint functions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Struct Funct. 2005;30:57-67 pubmed..The core of the dynactin complex is a backbone filament composed of monomers of an actin-related protein, Arp1, which is also involved in nuclear migration...
- Adames N, Oberle J, Cooper J. The surveillance mechanism of the spindle position checkpoint in yeast. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:159-68 pubmed..In both wild-type and mutant cells, mitotic exit was preceded by loss of cytoplasmic microtubules from the neck. Thus, the spindle position checkpoint may monitor such interactions. ..
- Wang Y, Hu F, Elledge S. The Bfa1/Bub2 GAP complex comprises a universal checkpoint required to prevent mitotic exit. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1379-82 pubmed..We propose that Bfa1/Bub2 checkpoint pathway functions as a universal checkpoint in G2/M that prevents CDK inactivation in response to cell-cycle delay in G2/M. ..