Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARG82
Description: inositol polyphosphate multikinase
Alias: ARGR3, IPK2, inositol polyphosphate multikinase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Auesukaree C, Tochio H, Shirakawa M, Kaneko Y, Harashima S. Plc1p, Arg82p, and Kcs1p, enzymes involved in inositol pyrophosphate synthesis, are essential for phosphate regulation and polyphosphate accumulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25127-33 pubmed..We found that disruptants of PLC1, ARG82, and KCS1, which are involved in the synthesis of inositol polyphosphate, and ADK1, which encodes adenylate kinase,..
- Dubois E, Messenguy F. Pleiotropic function of ArgRIIIp (Arg82p), one of the regulators of arginine metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Role in expression of cell-type-specific genes. Mol Gen Genet. 1994;243:315-24 pubmed..Western blot analysis indicates that Mcm1p is less abundant in a strain devoid of ArgRIIIp than in wild type. ..
- El Alami M, Messenguy F, Scherens B, Dubois E. Arg82p is a bifunctional protein whose inositol polyphosphate kinase activity is essential for nitrogen and PHO gene expression but not for Mcm1p chaperoning in yeast. Mol Microbiol. 2003;49:457-68 pubmed..Our results indicate that Arg82p is a bifunctional protein whose inositol kinase activity plays a role in multiple signalling cascades, and whose acidic domain protects two MADS-box proteins against degradation. ..
- Holmes W, Jogl G. Crystal structure of inositol phosphate multikinase 2 and implications for substrate specificity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38109-16 pubmed..for substrate specificity, we have determined the crystal structure of the yeast inositol phosphate multikinase Ipk2 in the apoform and in a complex with ADP and Mn(2+) at up to 2.0A resolution...
- Ponnusamy S, Alderson N, Hama H, Bielawski J, Jiang J, Bhandari R, et al. Regulation of telomere length by fatty acid elongase 3 in yeast. Involvement of inositol phosphate metabolism and Ku70/80 function. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27514-24 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, telomere shortening in elo3Delta cells was almost completely prevented by deletion of IPK2 or KCS1, which are involved in the generation of inositol phosphates (IP4, IP5, and inositol pyrophosphates)...
- Dubois E, Dewaste V, Erneux C, Messenguy F. Inositol polyphosphate kinase activity of Arg82/ArgRIII is not required for the regulation of the arginine metabolism in yeast. FEBS Lett. 2000;486:300-4 pubmedb>Arg82, a nuclear regulator of diverse cellular processes in yeast, is an inositol polyphosphate kinase. Some defects such as the regulation of arginine metabolism observed in an arg82Delta, result from a lack of Mcm1 and Arg80 stability...
- Resnick A, Snowman A, Kang B, Hurt K, Snyder S, Saiardi A. Inositol polyphosphate multikinase is a nuclear PI3-kinase with transcriptional regulatory activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12783-8 pubmed..b>Inositol polyphosphate multikinase was identified as an enzyme that generates a series of water-soluble inositol phosphates...
- Desany B, Alcasabas A, Bachant J, Elledge S. Recovery from DNA replicational stress is the essential function of the S-phase checkpoint pathway. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2956-70 pubmed..We propose that this checkpoint pathway plays an important role in the maintenance of DNA synthetic capabilities when DNA replication is stressed. ..
- Seeds A, Bastidas R, York J. Molecular definition of a novel inositol polyphosphate metabolic pathway initiated by inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate 3-kinase activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27654-61 pubmed..I(1,4,5)P3) requires the 6-/3-/5-kinase activity of Ipk2 (also known as Arg82 and inositol polyphosphate multikinase)...
- Bosch D, Saiardi A. Arginine transcriptional response does not require inositol phosphate synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38347-55 pubmed publisher..In yeast, the IPMK homologue, Arg82, is the sole inositol-trisphosphate kinase...
- Qiu H, Dubois E, Broen P, Messenguy F. Functional analysis of ARGRI and ARGRIII regulatory proteins involved in the regulation of arginine metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 1990;222:192-200 pubmed..Gene disruption of the ARGRIII gene impairs the growth of the mutant on rich medium, showing that ARGRIII has a pleiotropic role in the cell. ..