Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARF3
Description: Arf family GTPase ARF3
Alias: ARL2, Arf family GTPase ARF3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hsu J, Chen K, Lee F. Snf1/AMP-activated protein kinase activates Arf3p to promote invasive yeast growth via a non-canonical GEF domain. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7840 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reveals a novel mechanism for regulating cellular responses to energy deprivation, in particular invasive cell growth, through direct Arf activation by Snf1/AMPK. ..
- Lay D, L Grosshans B, Heid H, Gorgas K, Just W. Binding and functions of ADP-ribosylation factor on mammalian and yeast peroxisomes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34489-99 pubmed..ScARF1 regulated this process in a positive manner, and ScARF3 regulated it in a negative manner. ..
- Lee F, Stevens L, Kao Y, Moss J, Vaughan M. Characterization of a glucose-repressible ADP-ribosylation factor 3 (ARF3) from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:20931-7 pubmed..As yARF3 was not essential for cell viability and was not required for endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi protein transport, it may provide an opportunity to define an ARF function in another kind of vesicular trafficking. ..
- Tsvetanova N, Klass D, Salzman J, Brown P. Proteome-wide search reveals unexpected RNA-binding proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that many more RBPs still remain to be identified and provide a set of candidates for further investigation. ..
- Gillingham A, Tong A, Boone C, Munro S. The GTPase Arf1p and the ER to Golgi cargo receptor Erv14p cooperate to recruit the golgin Rud3p to the cis-Golgi. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:281-92 pubmed..Tassin, C. Fedriani, and M. Bornens. 2004. Cell. 118:323-335). In contrast, we find that this region binds to the Golgi in a GRAB domain-dependent manner, suggesting that GMAP-210 may not link the Golgi to gamma-tubulin and centrosomes. ..
- Brett C, Plemel R, Lobingier B, Lobinger B, Vignali M, Fields S, et al. Efficient termination of vacuolar Rab GTPase signaling requires coordinated action by a GAP and a protein kinase. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:1141-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that signal propagation through the Ypt7 pathway is controlled by integrated feedback and feed-forward loops. In this model, Yck3 enforces a requirement for the activated Rab in docking and fusion. ..
- Hanzal Bayer M, Linari M, Wittinghofer A. Properties of the interaction of Arf-like protein 2 with PDEdelta. J Mol Biol. 2005;350:1074-82 pubmed..Here, we show by a variety of spectroscopic techniques that Arl2, unlike most other Ras-related proteins, has micromolar rather than picomolar affinity for nucleotides...
- Nithianantham S, Le S, Seto E, Jia W, Leary J, Corbett K, et al. Tubulin cofactors and Arl2 are cage-like chaperones that regulate the soluble Î±Î²-tubulin pool for microtubule dynamics. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Five conserved tubulin cofactors/chaperones and the Arl2 GTPase regulate Î±- and Î²-tubulin assembly into heterodimers and maintain the soluble tubulin pool in the ..
- Parrish W, Stefan C, Emr S. PtdIns(3)P accumulation in triple lipid-phosphatase-deletion mutants triggers lethal hyperactivation of the Rho1p/Pkc1p cell-integrity MAP kinase pathway. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5589-601 pubmed..Taken together, the results of this study indicated that aberrant Rho1p/Pkc1p signaling contributes to the lethal effects of PtdIns(3)P accumulation in cells deficient in PI 3-phosphatase activity. ..