Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: APC4
Description: anaphase promoting complex subunit 4
Alias: anaphase promoting complex subunit 4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Camasses A, Bogdanova A, Shevchenko A, Zachariae W. The CCT chaperonin promotes activation of the anaphase-promoting complex through the generation of functional Cdc20. Mol Cell. 2003;12:87-100 pubmed..We propose that folding of the Cdc20 family of APC/C activators is an essential and evolutionary conserved function of the CCT chaperonin. ..
- Ostapenko D, Solomon M. Anaphase promoting complex-dependent degradation of transcriptional repressors Nrm1 and Yhp1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2175-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in addition to its known functions, APC-mediated targeting of Nrm1 and Yhp1 coordinates transcription of multiple genes in G1 with other cell cycle events. ..
- Hein J, Nilsson J. Stable MCC binding to the APC/C is required for a functional spindle assembly checkpoint. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:264-72 pubmed publisher..We thus show that stable MCC association with the APC/C is critical for a functional SAC. ..
- Oelschlaegel T, Schwickart M, Matos J, Bogdanova A, Camasses A, Havlis J, et al. The yeast APC/C subunit Mnd2 prevents premature sister chromatid separation triggered by the meiosis-specific APC/C-Ama1. Cell. 2005;120:773-88 pubmed..In vitro, Mnd2 inhibits ubiquitination of Pds1 by APC/C-Ama1 but not by other APC/C holo-enzymes. We conclude that chromosome segregation in meiosis depends on the selective inhibition of a meiosis-specific form of the APC/C. ..
- Zachariae W, Shevchenko A, Andrews P, Ciosk R, Galova M, Stark M, et al. Mass spectrometric analysis of the anaphase-promoting complex from yeast: identification of a subunit related to cullins. Science. 1998;279:1216-9 pubmed..Apc2p is similar to the cullin Cdc53p, which is a subunit of the ubiquitin-protein ligase complex SCFCdc4 required for the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Schreiber A, Stengel F, Zhang Z, Enchev R, Kong E, Morris E, et al. Structural basis for the subunit assembly of the anaphase-promoting complex. Nature. 2011;470:227-32 pubmed publisher..Our structure explains how this TPR sub-complex, together with additional scaffolding subunits (Apc1, Apc4 and Apc5), coordinate the juxtaposition of the catalytic and substrate recognition module (Apc2, Apc11 and Apc10 (..
- Blethrow J, Tang C, Deng C, Krutchinsky A. Modular mass spectrometric tool for analysis of composition and phosphorylation of protein complexes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e358 pubmed
- Buschhorn B, Petzold G, Galova M, Dube P, Kraft C, Herzog F, et al. Substrate binding on the APC/C occurs between the coactivator Cdh1 and the processivity factor Doc1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:6-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that substrates are recruited to the APC/C by binding to a bipartite substrate receptor composed of a coactivator protein and Doc1. ..
- da Fonseca P, Kong E, Zhang Z, Schreiber A, Williams M, Morris E, et al. Structures of APC/C(Cdh1) with substrates identify Cdh1 and Apc10 as the D-box co-receptor. Nature. 2011;470:274-8 pubmed publisher..Our results rationalize the contribution of both co-activator and core APC/C subunits to D-box recognition and provide a structural framework for understanding mechanisms of substrate recognition and catalysis by the APC/C. ..