Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: APC2
Description: anaphase promoting complex subunit 2
Alias: RSI1, TID2, anaphase promoting complex subunit 2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Carroll C, Enquist Newman M, Morgan D. The APC subunit Doc1 promotes recognition of the substrate destruction box. Curr Biol. 2005;15:11-8 pubmed..Doc1 contributes to recognition of the substrate destruction box by the APC. This function of Doc1 is necessary for efficient substrate proteolysis in vivo. ..
- Dresser M, Ewing D, Conrad M, Dominguez A, Barstead R, Jiang H, et al. DMC1 functions in a Saccharomyces cerevisiae meiotic pathway that is largely independent of the RAD51 pathway. Genetics. 1997;147:533-44 pubmed..Interestingly, the pattern on CHEF gels of chromosome fragments that result from meiotic DNA double-strand break formation is different in DMC1 mutant strains from that seen in rad50S strains. ..
- Oelschlaegel T, Schwickart M, Matos J, Bogdanova A, Camasses A, Havlis J, et al. The yeast APC/C subunit Mnd2 prevents premature sister chromatid separation triggered by the meiosis-specific APC/C-Ama1. Cell. 2005;120:773-88 pubmed..In vitro, Mnd2 inhibits ubiquitination of Pds1 by APC/C-Ama1 but not by other APC/C holo-enzymes. We conclude that chromosome segregation in meiosis depends on the selective inhibition of a meiosis-specific form of the APC/C. ..
- Shirayama M, Toth A, Galova M, Nasmyth K. APC(Cdc20) promotes exit from mitosis by destroying the anaphase inhibitor Pds1 and cyclin Clb5. Nature. 1999;402:203-7 pubmed..Remarkably, cells lacking both Pds1 and Clb5 can proliferate in the complete absence of Cdc20. ..
- Capron A, Serralbo O, Fulop K, Frugier F, Parmentier Y, Dong A, et al. The Arabidopsis anaphase-promoting complex or cyclosome: molecular and genetic characterization of the APC2 subunit. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2370-82 pubmed..gain more insight into the roles of the plant APC/C, we characterized at the molecular level one of its subunits, APC2, which is encoded by a single-copy gene in Arabidopsis...
- Blethrow J, Tang C, Deng C, Krutchinsky A. Modular mass spectrometric tool for analysis of composition and phosphorylation of protein complexes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e358 pubmed
- Torres M, Borchers C. Mitotic phosphorylation of the anaphase-promoting complex inhibitory subunit Mnd2 is necessary for efficient progression through meiosis i. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17351-62 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that mitotic phosphorylation of Mnd2 is necessary for APC-mediated progression beyond the first meiotic nuclear division. ..
- Hwang G, Furuchi T, Naganuma A. Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Cdc34 mediates cadmium resistance in budding yeast through ubiquitination of the transcription factor Met4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:873-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that overexpression of Cdc34 inactivates Met4 and interferes with expression of the MET25, with subsequent production of CdS, which has low toxicity, and, thus, a decrease in the cadmium toxicity. ..
- Makhnevych T, Wong P, Pogoutse O, Vizeacoumar F, Greenblatt J, Emili A, et al. Hsp110 is required for spindle length control. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:623-36 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a model whereby the Hsp70-Hsp110 chaperone complex antagonizes Cin8 plus-end motility and prevents premature spindle elongation in S phase. ..
- Page A, Aneliunas V, Lamb J, Hieter P. In vivo characterization of the nonessential budding yeast anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome components Swm1p, Mnd2p and Apc9p. Genetics. 2005;170:1045-62 pubmed..Furthermore, the role of Apc9p in APC/C-dependent ubiquitination may be limited to the proteolysis of a select number of substrates. ..
- Juanes M, Queralt E, Bañó M, Igual J. Rot1 plays an antagonistic role to Clb2 in actin cytoskeleton dynamics throughout the cell cycle. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2390-401 pubmed..Several genetic interactions suggest a link between Rot1 and the ubiquitin-proteasome system and we show that the Clb2 cyclin is not properly degraded in rot1 cells. ..
- Ostapenko D, Solomon M. Anaphase promoting complex-dependent degradation of transcriptional repressors Nrm1 and Yhp1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2175-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in addition to its known functions, APC-mediated targeting of Nrm1 and Yhp1 coordinates transcription of multiple genes in G1 with other cell cycle events. ..
- Ohta T, Michel J, Schottelius A, Xiong Y. ROC1, a homolog of APC11, represents a family of cullin partners with an associated ubiquitin ligase activity. Mol Cell. 1999;3:535-41 pubmed..ROC1 and ROC2 commonly interact with all cullins while APC11 specifically interacts with APC2, a cullin-related APC subunit...
- Yu H, Peters J, King R, Page A, Hieter P, Kirschner M. Identification of a cullin homology region in a subunit of the anaphase-promoting complex. Science. 1998;279:1219-22 pubmed..The remaining four human APC subunits, APC2, APC4, APC5, and APC7, as well as human CDC23, were cloned...
- Zachariae W, Shevchenko A, Andrews P, Ciosk R, Galova M, Stark M, et al. Mass spectrometric analysis of the anaphase-promoting complex from yeast: identification of a subunit related to cullins. Science. 1998;279:1216-9 pubmed..Apc2p is similar to the cullin Cdc53p, which is a subunit of the ubiquitin-protein ligase complex SCFCdc4 required for the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Chien C, Chen R. Cdc48 chaperone and adaptor Ubx4 distribute the proteasome in the nucleus for anaphase proteolysis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:37180-91 pubmed publisher..Our data propose that Cdc48-Ubx4 acts on the proteasome and uses the chaperone activity to promote its nuclear distribution, thereby optimizing the proteasome level for efficient degradation of mitotic regulators...
- da Fonseca P, Kong E, Zhang Z, Schreiber A, Williams M, Morris E, et al. Structures of APC/C(Cdh1) with substrates identify Cdh1 and Apc10 as the D-box co-receptor. Nature. 2011;470:274-8 pubmed publisher..from Cdh1, Apc10--a core APC/C subunit previously implicated in substrate recognition--and the cullin domain of Apc2. Cdh1 and Apc10, identified from difference maps, create a co-receptor for the D-box following repositioning of ..
- Camasses A, Bogdanova A, Shevchenko A, Zachariae W. The CCT chaperonin promotes activation of the anaphase-promoting complex through the generation of functional Cdc20. Mol Cell. 2003;12:87-100 pubmed..We propose that folding of the Cdc20 family of APC/C activators is an essential and evolutionary conserved function of the CCT chaperonin. ..
- Buschhorn B, Petzold G, Galova M, Dube P, Kraft C, Herzog F, et al. Substrate binding on the APC/C occurs between the coactivator Cdh1 and the processivity factor Doc1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:6-13 pubmed publisher..We show that Doc1 interacts with Cdc27, Cdc16 and Apc1 and is located in the vicinity of the cullin-RING module Apc2-Apc11 in the inner cavity of the APC/C...
- Taberner F, Quilis I, Sendra J, Bañó M, Igual J. Regulation of cell cycle transcription factor Swi5 by karyopherin Msn5. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:959-70 pubmed publisher..This deleterious effect was eliminated when Swi5 nuclear import was abrogated, suggesting that nuclear export by Msn5 is important for cell physiology, because it prevents toxic Swi5 nuclear accumulation. ..
- Kramer K, Fesquet D, Johnson A, Johnston L. Budding yeast RSI1/APC2, a novel gene necessary for initiation of anaphase, encodes an APC subunit. EMBO J. 1998;17:498-506 pubmed..Here we describe a gene we have identified by this means, RSI1/APC2...