Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: APC11
Description: anaphase promoting complex subunit 11
Alias: anaphase promoting complex subunit 11
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ostapenko D, Burton J, Wang R, Solomon M. Pseudosubstrate inhibition of the anaphase-promoting complex by Acm1: regulation by proteolysis and Cdc28 phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4653-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cdc28 serves dual roles in inhibiting Cdh1-dependent APC activity during the cell cycle: stabilization of the Cdh1 inhibitor Acm1 and direct phosphorylation of Cdh1 to prevent its association with the APC. ..
- Grossberger R, Gieffers C, Zachariae W, Podtelejnikov A, Schleiffer A, Nasmyth K, et al. Characterization of the DOC1/APC10 subunit of the yeast and the human anaphase-promoting complex. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14500-7 pubmed..DOC domains may therefore be important for reactions catalyzed by several types of ubiquitin-protein ligases. ..
- He J, Chao W, Zhang Z, Yang J, Cronin N, Barford D. Insights into degron recognition by APC/C coactivators from the structure of an Acm1-Cdh1 complex. Mol Cell. 2013;50:649-60 pubmed publisher..We provide a structural rationalization for D box and KEN box recognition by coactivators and demonstrate that many noncanonical APC/C degrons bind APC/C coactivators at the D box coreceptor...
- Zhang Z, Yang J, Kong E, Chao W, Morris E, da Fonseca P, et al. Recombinant expression, reconstitution and structure of human anaphase-promoting complex (APC/C). Biochem J. 2013;449:365-71 pubmed publisher..Additional density present in the human APC/C structure, proximal to Apc3/Cdc27 of the TPR lobe, is assigned to the TPR subunit Apc7, a subunit specific to vertebrate APC/C. ..
- Foster S, Morgan D. The APC/C subunit Mnd2/Apc15 promotes Cdc20 autoubiquitination and spindle assembly checkpoint inactivation. Mol Cell. 2012;47:921-32 pubmed publisher..Specific inhibition of SAC-dependent ubiquitination, by deletion of Mnd2, allowed establishment of a SAC arrest but delayed release from the arrest, suggesting that Cdc20 ubiquitination is also required for SAC inactivation. ..
- Ostapenko D, Solomon M. Anaphase promoting complex-dependent degradation of transcriptional repressors Nrm1 and Yhp1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2175-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in addition to its known functions, APC-mediated targeting of Nrm1 and Yhp1 coordinates transcription of multiple genes in G1 with other cell cycle events. ..
- Enquist Newman M, Sullivan M, Morgan D. Modulation of the mitotic regulatory network by APC-dependent destruction of the Cdh1 inhibitor Acm1. Mol Cell. 2008;30:437-46 pubmed publisher..We also speculate that the ability of APC(Cdh1) to target its own inhibitor enhances the bistability of the late mitotic regulatory system. ..
- Passmore L, Barford D, Harper J. Purification and assay of the budding yeast anaphase-promoting complex. Methods Enzymol. 2005;398:195-219 pubmed..Activity assays toward several endogenous substrates, including Clb2 and Pds1, are described. In addition, methods for observation of APC-coactivator and APC-substrate complexes by native gel electrophoresis are described. ..
- Passmore L, McCormack E, Au S, Paul A, Willison K, Harper J, et al. Doc1 mediates the activity of the anaphase-promoting complex by contributing to substrate recognition. EMBO J. 2003;22:786-96 pubmed..These results imply that Doc1p/Apc10 may play a role to regulate the binding of specific substrates, similar to that of the coactivators. ..
- Schuyler S, Murray A. An in vitro assay for Cdc20-dependent mitotic anaphase-promoting complex activity from budding yeast. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;545:271-85 pubmed publisher..Here we outline a quantitative in vitro mitotic APC(Cdc20) assay that makes use of a highly active form of the APC that is purified from budding yeast cells arrested in mitosis. ..
- Ostapenko D, Burton J, Solomon M. Identification of anaphase promoting complex substrates in S. cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45895 pubmed publisher..Thus, the APC/C(Cdh1)-mediated degradation of these proteins may help to coordinate re-entry into the cell cycle following environmental stresses. ..
- Leverson J, Joazeiro C, Page A, Huang H, Hieter P, Hunter T. The APC11 RING-H2 finger mediates E2-dependent ubiquitination. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2315-25 pubmed..Here, we provide evidence that the Saccharomyces cerevisiae RING-H2 finger protein Apc11 defines the minimal ubiquitin ligase activity of the APC...
- Zachariae W, Shevchenko A, Andrews P, Ciosk R, Galova M, Stark M, et al. Mass spectrometric analysis of the anaphase-promoting complex from yeast: identification of a subunit related to cullins. Science. 1998;279:1216-9 pubmed..Apc2p is similar to the cullin Cdc53p, which is a subunit of the ubiquitin-protein ligase complex SCFCdc4 required for the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Matsusaka T, Enquist Newman M, Morgan D, Pines J. Co-activator independent differences in how the metaphase and anaphase APC/C recognise the same substrate. Biol Open. 2014;3:904-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, changes in APC/C substrate specificity in mitosis can potentially be conferred by altering interaction sites in addition to exchanging Cdc20 for Cdh1. ..
- Girard J, Tenthorey J, Morgan D. An E2 accessory domain increases affinity for the anaphase-promoting complex and ensures E2 competition. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:24614-25 pubmed publisher..The UBA domain is required for normal Ubc1 function and E2 competition in vivo. Thus, the UBA domain of Ubc1 ensures efficient polyubiquitination of substrate by balancing Ubc1 affinity with that of Ubc4. ..
- Hanna J, Hathaway N, Tone Y, Crosas B, Elsasser S, Kirkpatrick D, et al. Deubiquitinating enzyme Ubp6 functions noncatalytically to delay proteasomal degradation. Cell. 2006;127:99-111 pubmed..We propose that Ubp6 regulates both the nature and magnitude of proteasome activity. ..
- Ostapenko D, Burton J, Solomon M. The Ubp15 deubiquitinase promotes timely entry into S phase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2205-16 pubmed publisher..Ubp15 interacted with Clb5 independent of Cdh1 and deubiquitinated Clb5 in a reconstituted system. Thus deubiquitination by Ubp15 counteracts APC activity toward cyclin Clb5 to allow Clb5 accumulation and a timely entry into S phase. ..
- Rodrigo Brenni M, Morgan D. Sequential E2s drive polyubiquitin chain assembly on APC targets. Cell. 2007;130:127-39 pubmed..E2-25K, a human homolog of Ubc1, also promotes APC-dependent chain extension on preattached ubiquitins. We propose that sequential E2 proteins catalyze K48-linked polyubiquitination and thus proteasomal destruction of APC targets. ..
- Blethrow J, Tang C, Deng C, Krutchinsky A. Modular mass spectrometric tool for analysis of composition and phosphorylation of protein complexes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e358 pubmed
- Oelschlaegel T, Schwickart M, Matos J, Bogdanova A, Camasses A, Havlis J, et al. The yeast APC/C subunit Mnd2 prevents premature sister chromatid separation triggered by the meiosis-specific APC/C-Ama1. Cell. 2005;120:773-88 pubmed..In vitro, Mnd2 inhibits ubiquitination of Pds1 by APC/C-Ama1 but not by other APC/C holo-enzymes. We conclude that chromosome segregation in meiosis depends on the selective inhibition of a meiosis-specific form of the APC/C. ..
- Chien C, Chen R. Cdc48 chaperone and adaptor Ubx4 distribute the proteasome in the nucleus for anaphase proteolysis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:37180-91 pubmed publisher..Our data propose that Cdc48-Ubx4 acts on the proteasome and uses the chaperone activity to promote its nuclear distribution, thereby optimizing the proteasome level for efficient degradation of mitotic regulators...