Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AIR2
Description: TRAMP complex RNA-binding subunit
Alias: TRAMP complex RNA-binding subunit
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Weir J, Bonneau F, Hentschel J, Conti E. Structural analysis reveals the characteristic features of Mtr4, a DExH helicase involved in nuclear RNA processing and surveillance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12139-44 pubmed publisher..8S ribosomal RNA (rRNA). It also interacts with the polyadenylating Trf4-Air2 heterodimer to form the so-called TRAMP (Trf4-Air2-Mtr4 Polyadenylation) complex...
- Fasken M, Leung S, Banerjee A, Kodani M, Chavez R, Bowman E, et al. Air1 zinc knuckles 4 and 5 and a conserved IWRXY motif are critical for the function and integrity of the Trf4/5-Air1/2-Mtr4 polyadenylation (TRAMP) RNA quality control complex. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37429-45 pubmed publisher..We identified air1-C178R and air2-C167R alleles encoding air1/2 mutant proteins with a substitution in the second cysteine of ZnK5...
- Holub P, Lalakova J, Cerná H, Pasulka J, Sarazova M, Hrazdilova K, et al. Air2p is critical for the assembly and RNA-binding of the TRAMP complex and the KOW domain of Mtr4p is crucial for exosome activation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:5679-93 pubmed publisher..Finally, we uncover the RNA binding part of the Mtr4p arch, the KOW domain, as the essential component for TRAMP-mediated exosome activation. ..
- Inoue K, Mizuno T, Wada K, Hagiwara M. Novel RING finger proteins, Air1p and Air2p, interact with Hmt1p and inhibit the arginine methylation of Npl3p. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32793-9 pubmed..searches indicate that the YDL175 gene product has significant identity (45%) with Air1p, we designated the gene AIR2. Air2p also has a RING finger domain and was bound to Hmt1p...
- Vasiljeva L, Buratowski S. Nrd1 interacts with the nuclear exosome for 3' processing of RNA polymerase II transcripts. Mol Cell. 2006;21:239-48 pubmed..Since Nrd1 is known to bind RNA polymerase II and be important for sn/snoRNA 3' end processing, Nrd1 may link transcription and RNA 3' end formation with surveillance by the exosome. ..
- San Paolo S, Vanacova S, Schenk L, Scherrer T, Blank D, Keller W, et al. Distinct roles of non-canonical poly(A) polymerases in RNA metabolism. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000555 pubmed publisher..This indicates widespread and integrative functions of TRAMP complexes for the coordination of different gene expression regulatory processes. ..
- Dez C, Houseley J, Tollervey D. Surveillance of nuclear-restricted pre-ribosomes within a subnucleolar region of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO J. 2006;25:1534-46 pubmed..Localization of pre-ribosomes to this focus was lost in sda1-2 strains lacking Trf4p or Rrp6p. We designate this nucleolar focus the No-body and propose that it represents a site of pre-ribosome surveillance. ..
- Hamill S, Wolin S, Reinisch K. Structure and function of the polymerase core of TRAMP, a RNA surveillance complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15045-50 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the RNA 3' end plays a role in substrate recognition. ..
- Stuparevic I, Mosrin Huaman C, Hervouet Coste N, Remenaric M, Rahmouni A. Cotranscriptional recruitment of RNA exosome cofactors Rrp47p and Mpp6p and two distinct Trf-Air-Mtr4 polyadenylation (TRAMP) complexes assists the exonuclease Rrp6p in the targeting and degradation of an aberrant messenger ribonucleoprotein particle. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31816-29 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide an integrated view of how different cofactors of the RNA degradation machinery cooperate to target and eliminate aberrant mRNPs...
- Dickinson H, Tretbar S, Betat H, Mörl M. The TRAMP complex shows tRNA editing activity in S. cerevisiae. Mol Biol Evol. 2012;29:1451-9 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, our observations are a strong experimental support for the hypothesis that enzymatic promiscuity serves as an evolutionary starting point for the emergence of new functions and activities. ..
- Erce M, Abeygunawardena D, Low J, Hart Smith G, Wilkins M. Interactions affected by arginine methylation in the yeast protein-protein interaction network. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:3184-98 pubmed publisher..Interactions between the yeast hub protein Npl3 and yeast proteins Air2, Ded1, Gbp2, Snp1, and Yra1 were first validated in the absence of methylation...
- Leung E, Schneider C, Yan F, Mohi El Din H, Kudla G, Tuck A, et al. Integrity of SRP RNA is ensured by La and the nuclear RNA quality control machinery. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:10698-710 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the RNA surveillance machinery has key roles in both SRP biogenesis and quality control of the RNA, potentially facilitating the decision between these alternative fates. ..
- Falk S, Weir J, Hentschel J, Reichelt P, Bonneau F, Conti E. The molecular architecture of the TRAMP complex reveals the organization and interplay of its two catalytic activities. Mol Cell. 2014;55:856-867 pubmed publisher..TRAMP is associated with the nuclear exosome and consists of a poly(A)polymerase subcomplex (Trf4-Air2) and a helicase (Mtr4)...
- Fasken M, Laribee R, Corbett A. Nab3 facilitates the function of the TRAMP complex in RNA processing via recruitment of Rrp6 independent of Nrd1. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005044 pubmed publisher..The data raise the intriguing possibility that Nab3 and Nrd1 can function independently to recruit Rrp6 to ncRNA targets, providing combinatorial flexibility in RNA processing. ..