Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AIR1
Description: TRAMP complex RNA-binding subunit
Alias: TRAMP complex RNA-binding subunit
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Holub P, Lalakova J, Cerná H, Pasulka J, Sarazova M, Hrazdilova K, et al. Air2p is critical for the assembly and RNA-binding of the TRAMP complex and the KOW domain of Mtr4p is crucial for exosome activation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:5679-93 pubmed publisherTrf4/5p-Air1/2p-Mtr4p polyadenylation complex (TRAMP) is an essential component of nuclear RNA surveillance in yeast...
- Savchenko A, Krogan N, Cort J, Evdokimova E, Lew J, Yee A, et al. The Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome protein family is involved in RNA metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19213-20 pubmed publisher..Our observations, taken together with previous reports, support the conclusion that SBDS and its homologues play a role in RNA metabolism...
- Apponi L, Kelly S, Harreman M, Lehner A, Corbett A, Valentini S. An interaction between two RNA binding proteins, Nab2 and Pub1, links mRNA processing/export and mRNA stability. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:6569-79 pubmed..These results suggest that Nab2 functions together with Pub1 to modulate mRNA stability and strengthen a model where nuclear events are coupled to the control of mRNA turnover in the cytoplasm. ..
- Wahba L, Amon J, Koshland D, Vuica Ross M. RNase H and multiple RNA biogenesis factors cooperate to prevent RNA:DNA hybrids from generating genome instability. Mol Cell. 2011;44:978-88 pubmed publisher..In summary, RNA:DNA hybrids are a potent source for changing genome structure. By preventing their formation and accumulation, multiple RNA biogenesis factors and RNase H act as guardians of the genome. ..
- Schmidt K, Xu Z, Mathews D, Butler J. Air proteins control differential TRAMP substrate specificity for nuclear RNA surveillance. RNA. 2012;18:1934-45 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal differential functions for Air proteins in RNA metabolism and indicate that they control the substrate specificity of the RNA exosome. ..
- Leung E, Schneider C, Yan F, Mohi El Din H, Kudla G, Tuck A, et al. Integrity of SRP RNA is ensured by La and the nuclear RNA quality control machinery. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:10698-710 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the RNA surveillance machinery has key roles in both SRP biogenesis and quality control of the RNA, potentially facilitating the decision between these alternative fates. ..
- Fasken M, Laribee R, Corbett A. Nab3 facilitates the function of the TRAMP complex in RNA processing via recruitment of Rrp6 independent of Nrd1. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005044 pubmed publisher..The TRAMP (Trf4/5-Air1/2-Mtr4 polyadenylation) complex is a critical exosome cofactor in budding yeast that stimulates the exosome to ..