Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AHP1
Description: thioredoxin peroxidase AHP1
Alias: thioredoxin peroxidase AHP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Fomenko D, Koc A, Agisheva N, Jacobsen M, Kaya A, Malinouski M, et al. Thiol peroxidases mediate specific genome-wide regulation of gene expression in response to hydrogen peroxide. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2729-34 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that thiol peroxidases sense and transfer oxidative signals to the signaling proteins and regulate transcription, whereas a direct interaction between H(2)O(2) and other cellular proteins plays a secondary role. ..
- Lian F, Yu J, Ma X, Yu X, Chen Y, Zhou C. Structural snapshots of yeast alkyl hydroperoxide reductase Ahp1 peroxiredoxin reveal a novel two-cysteine mechanism of electron transfer to eliminate reactive oxygen species. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17077-87 pubmed publisher..Alkyl hydroperoxide reductase Ahp1 belongs to the Prx5 subfamily and is a two-cysteine (2-Cys) Prx that forms an intermolecular disulfide bond...
- Goehring A, Rivers D, Sprague G. Attachment of the ubiquitin-related protein Urm1p to the antioxidant protein Ahp1p. Eukaryot Cell. 2003;2:930-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the conjugation of Urm1p to Ahp1p could regulate the function of Ahp1p in antioxidant stress response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Proft M, Struhl K. MAP kinase-mediated stress relief that precedes and regulates the timing of transcriptional induction. Cell. 2004;118:351-61 pubmed
- Park S, Cha M, Jeong W, Kim I. Distinct physiological functions of thiol peroxidase isoenzymes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5723-32 pubmed