Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ACR3
Alias: ACR3, Arr3p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Maciaszczyk Dziubinska E, Migocka M, Wawrzycka D, Markowska K, Wysocki R. Multiple cysteine residues are necessary for sorting and transport activity of the arsenite permease Acr3p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1838:747-55 pubmed publisher..It has been shown for bacterial Acr3 proteins that just a single cysteine residue, which is located in the middle of the fourth transmembrane region and ..
- Markowska K, Maciaszczyk Dziubinska E, Migocka M, Wawrzycka D, Wysocki R. Identification of critical residues for transport activity of Acr3p, the Saccharomyces cerevisiaeâ€…As(III)/H+ antiporter. Mol Microbiol. 2015;98:162-74 pubmed publisher..a systematic alanine-replacement analysis of charged/polar and aromatic residues that are conserved in the Acr3 family and located in putative transmembrane segments...
- Wysocki R, Fortier P, Maciaszczyk E, Thorsen M, Leduc A, Odhagen A, et al. Transcriptional activation of metalloid tolerance genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae requires the AP-1-like proteins Yap1p and Yap8p. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2049-60 pubmed..to reside in the nucleus where it mediates enhanced expression of the arsenic detoxification genes ACR2 and ACR3. Using chromatin immunoprecipitation assays, we show that Yap8p is associated with the ACR3 promoter in untreated ..
- Maciaszczyk Dziubinska E, Migdal I, Migocka M, Bocer T, Wysocki R. The yeast aquaglyceroporin Fps1p is a bidirectional arsenite channel. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:726-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, deletion of FPS1 gene resulted in arsenate sensitivity. Finally, transport experiments revealed that Fps1p in concert with the arsenite transporter Acr3p mediates arsenite efflux...
- Indriolo E, Na G, Ellis D, Salt D, Banks J. A vacuolar arsenite transporter necessary for arsenic tolerance in the arsenic hyperaccumulating fern Pteris vittata is missing in flowering plants. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2045-57 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the isolation and characterization of two P. vittata genes, ACR3 and ACR3;1, which encode proteins similar to the ACR3 arsenite effluxer of yeast...
- Wawrzycka D, Markowska K, Maciaszczyk Dziubinska E, Migocka M, Wysocki R. Transmembrane topology of the arsenite permease Acr3 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr. 2017;1859:117-125 pubmed publisherb>Acr3 is a plasma membrane transporter, a member of the bile/arsenite/riboflavin transporter (BART) superfamily, which confers high-level resistance to arsenicals in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Bouganim N, David J, Wysocki R, Ramotar D. Yap1 overproduction restores arsenite resistance to the ABC transporter deficient mutant ycf1 by activating ACR3 expression. Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;79:441-8 pubmedYcf1 and Acr3 are transporters that have been previously shown to protect Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells from the toxic effects of arsenite...