Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Warren D, Andrews P, Gourlay C, Ayscough K. Sla1p couples the yeast endocytic machinery to proteins regulating actin dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:1703-15 pubmed..reveal association of Sla1p with two proteins known to be important for activation of the Arp2/3 complex in yeast, Abp1p and the yeast WASP homologue Las17p/Bee1p...
- Mulholland J, Preuss D, Moon A, Wong A, Drubin D, Botstein D. Ultrastructure of the yeast actin cytoskeleton and its association with the plasma membrane. J Cell Biol. 1994;125:381-91 pubmed..experiments were conducted with antibodies to actin together with antibodies to the actin binding proteins Abp1p and cofilin...
- Drubin D, Mulholland J, Zhu Z, Botstein D. Homology of a yeast actin-binding protein to signal transduction proteins and myosin-I. Nature. 1990;343:288-90 pubmed..Because the actin-binding protein ABP1p is associated with the cortical cytoskeleton of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, it might be involved in the spatial ..
- Lila T, Drubin D. Evidence for physical and functional interactions among two Saccharomyces cerevisiae SH3 domain proteins, an adenylyl cyclase-associated protein and the actin cytoskeleton. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:367-85 pubmed..that SH3 domains mediate at least two independent functions of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae actin-binding protein Abp1p in vivo...
- Freeman N, Lila T, Mintzer K, Chen Z, Pahk A, Ren R, et al. A conserved proline-rich region of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae cyclase-associated protein binds SH3 domains and modulates cytoskeletal localization. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:548-56 pubmed..region of CAP is recognized by the SH3 domains of several proteins, including the yeast actin-associated protein Abp1p. Immunolocalization experiments demonstrate that CAP colocalizes with cortical actin-containing structures in vivo ..
- Huckaba T, Gay A, Pantalena L, Yang H, Pon L. Live cell imaging of the assembly, disassembly, and actin cable-dependent movement of endosomes and actin patches in the budding yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:519-30 pubmedUsing FM4-64 to label endosomes and Abp1p-GFP or Sac6p-GFP to label actin patches, we find that (1) endosomes colocalize with actin patches as they assemble at the bud cortex; (2) endosomes colocalize with actin patches as they undergo ..
- Stefan C, Padilla S, Audhya A, Emr S. The phosphoinositide phosphatase Sjl2 is recruited to cortical actin patches in the control of vesicle formation and fission during endocytosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2910-23 pubmed..Cortical recruitment of Sjl2 requires the actin patch component Abp1. Consistent with this, the SH3 domain-containing protein Abp1 physically associates with Sjl2 through its proline-..
- Landgraf C, Panni S, Montecchi Palazzi L, Castagnoli L, Schneider Mergener J, Volkmer Engert R, et al. Protein interaction networks by proteome peptide scanning. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E14 pubmed..We estimate that the yeast proteome contains as few as six peptides that bind to the Abp1 SH3 domain with a dissociation constant lower than 100 microM, while it contains as many as 50-80 peptides with ..
- Quintero Monzon O, Rodal A, Strokopytov B, Almo S, Goode B. Structural and functional dissection of the Abp1 ADFH actin-binding domain reveals versatile in vivo adapter functions. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3128-39 pubmedb>Abp1 is a multidomain protein that regulates the Arp2/3 complex and links proteins involved in endocytosis to the actin cytoskeleton...
- Balcer H, Goodman A, Rodal A, Smith E, Kugler J, Heuser J, et al. Coordinated regulation of actin filament turnover by a high-molecular-weight Srv2/CAP complex, cofilin, profilin, and Aip1. Curr Biol. 2003;13:2159-69 pubmed..The complex is linked to actin filaments via the SH3 domain of Abp1. Srv2 complex catalytically accelerates cofilin-dependent actin turnover by releasing cofilin from ADP-actin ..
- Colwill K, Field D, Moore L, Friesen J, Andrews B. In vivo analysis of the domains of yeast Rvs167p suggests Rvs167p function is mediated through multiple protein interactions. Genetics. 1999;152:881-93 pubmed..BAR domain of another Rvs167p protein and that of Rvs161p, the GPA region bound Pcl2p, and the SH3 domain bound Abp1p. We identified Rvs167p as a Las17p/Bee1p-interacting protein in a two-hybrid screen and showed that Las17p/Bee1p ..
- Rath A, Davidson A. The design of a hyperstable mutant of the Abp1p SH3 domain by sequence alignment analysis. Protein Sci. 2000;9:2457-69 pubmedWe have characterized the thermodynamic stability of the SH3 domain from the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Abp1p protein and found it to be relatively low compared to most other SH3 domains, with a Tm of 60 degrees C and a deltaGu of 3...
- Holtzman D, Wertman K, Drubin D. Mapping actin surfaces required for functional interactions in vivo. J Cell Biol. 1994;126:423-32 pubmed..shown to be, like a null allele of the yeast fimbrin gene (SAC6), lethal in combination with null mutations in the ABP1 and SLA2 genes, and viable in combination with a null mutation in the SLA1 gene...
- Galletta B, Chuang D, Cooper J. Distinct roles for Arp2/3 regulators in actin assembly and endocytosis. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e1 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of these roles provides insight into the in vivo relevance of the dendritic nucleation model for actin assembly. ..
- Germann M, Swain E, Bergman L, Nickels J. Characterizing the sphingolipid signaling pathway that remediates defects associated with loss of the yeast amphiphysin-like orthologs, Rvs161p and Rvs167p. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4270-8 pubmed..Moreover, suppressor activity does not require the function of the actin-binding protein, Abp1p, or Sla1p, a protein that is thought to regulate assembly of the cortical actin cytoskeleton...
- Henry K, D hondt K, Chang J, Newpher T, Huang K, Hudson R, et al. Scd5p and clathrin function are important for cortical actin organization, endocytosis, and localization of sla2p in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2607-25 pubmed..Therefore, Scd5p and clathrin are important for actin organization and endocytosis, and Sla2p may provide a critical link between clathrin and the actin cytoskeleton in yeast, similar to HIP1(R) in animal cells. ..
- Mintzer K, Field J. The SH3 domain of the S. cerevisiae Cdc25p binds adenylyl cyclase and facilitates Ras regulation of cAMP signalling. Cell Signal. 1999;11:127-35 pubmed..Binding was specific, because the SH3 domain of Abp1p (actin-binding protein 1), which binds the 70,000 Mr subunit of adenylyl cyclase, CAP/Srv2, failed to bind ..
- Stollar E, Garcia B, Chong P, Rath A, Lin H, Forman Kay J, et al. Structural, functional, and bioinformatic studies demonstrate the crucial role of an extended peptide binding site for the SH3 domain of yeast Abp1p. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26918-27 pubmed publisher..interactions between an SH3 domain and extended peptide sequences, we have investigated interactions of the yeast Abp1p SH3 domain (AbpSH3) with several physiologically relevant 17-residue target peptide sequences...
- Michelot A, Grassart A, Okreglak V, Costanzo M, Boone C, Drubin D. Actin filament elongation in Arp2/3-derived networks is controlled by three distinct mechanisms. Dev Cell. 2013;24:182-95 pubmed publisher..We identified Abp1 and Aim3 as two additional proteins that work together to inhibit barbed end elongation...
- McCourt P, Morgan J, Nickels J. Stress-induced ceramide-activated protein phosphatase can compensate for loss of amphiphysin-like activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and functions to reinitiate endocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11930-41 pubmed publisher..Finally, genetic analyses reveal a synthetic lethal interaction between loss of CDC55 and gene deletions lethal with rvs161, all of which function in endocytosis. ..
- Vallurupalli P, Hansen D, Stollar E, Meirovitch E, Kay L. Measurement of bond vector orientations in invisible excited states of proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:18473-7 pubmed..is applied and validated in a study of the binding of a target peptide to an SH3 domain from the yeast protein Abp1p and subsequently used in an application to protein folding of a mutational variant of the Fyn SH3 domain where (1)..
- Adams A, Cooper J, Drubin D. Unexpected combinations of null mutations in genes encoding the actin cytoskeleton are lethal in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 1993;4:459-68 pubmed..A null mutation of the actin gene (ACT1) is lethal, but null mutations in the tropomyosin (TPM1), fimbrin (SAC6), Abp1p (ABP1), and capping protein (CAP1 and CAP2) genes have relatively mild or no effects...
- Haynes J, Garcia B, Stollar E, Rath A, Andrews B, Davidson A. The biologically relevant targets and binding affinity requirements for the function of the yeast actin-binding protein 1 Src-homology 3 domain vary with genetic context. Genetics. 2007;176:193-208 pubmed..In this study, we investigated the in vivo effects of Abp1p SH3 domain mutants that incrementally reduce target-binding affinity in four different yeast mutant backgrounds in ..
- Zarrinpar A, Park S, Lim W. Optimization of specificity in a cellular protein interaction network by negative selection. Nature. 2003;426:676-80 pubmed..System-wide negative selection is a subtle but powerful evolutionary mechanism to optimize specificity within an interaction network composed of overlapping recognition elements. ..