Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABF2
Description: DNA-binding protein ABF2
Alias: DNA-binding protein ABF2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kucej M, Kucejova B, SUBRAMANIAN R, Chen X, Butow R. Mitochondrial nucleoids undergo remodeling in response to metabolic cues. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:1861-8 pubmed publisher..Using an in organello ChIP-on-chip assay, we demonstrate that the DNA-bending protein Abf2 binds to most of the mitochondrial genome with a preference for GC-rich gene sequences...
- Samoilova E, Krasheninnikov I, Vinogradova E, Kamenski P, Levitskii S. Binding of DNA with Abf2p Increases Efficiency of DNA Uptake by Isolated Mitochondria. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2016;81:723-30 pubmed publisher..Our data can serve as a basis for development of novel, highly efficient approaches for suppressing mutations in the mitochondrial genome. ..
- Samoilova E, Krasheninnikov I, Levitskii S. Interaction between Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mitochondrial DNA-Binding Protein Abf2p and Cce1p Resolvase. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2016;81:1111-1117 pubmed..These data suggest the existence of an alternative homologous recombination pathway in yeast mitochondria. ..
- Macierzanka M, Plotka M, Pryputniewicz Drobinska D, Lewandowska A, Lightowlers R, Marszalek J. Maintenance and stabilization of mtDNA can be facilitated by the DNA-binding activity of Ilv5p. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:107-17 pubmed..Altogether, we conclude that direct binding of Ilv5p can aid in the maintenance and stabilization of mtDNA. ..
- Sia R, Carrol S, KALIFA L, Hochmuth C, Sia E. Loss of the mitochondrial nucleoid protein, Abf2p, destabilizes repetitive DNA in the yeast mitochondrial genome. Genetics. 2009;181:331-4 pubmed publisher..The instability of repeated sequences in this strain may be linked to the loss of mitochondrial DNA in abf2-Delta strains.
- Miyakawa I, Kanayama M, Fujita Y, Sato H. Morphology and protein composition of the mitochondrial nucleoids in yeast cells lacking Abf2p, a high mobility group protein. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2010;56:455-64 pubmed..the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, we examined the morphology of the mitochondrial nucleoids (mt-nucleoids) in an ABF2-deficient mutant (?abf2) in vivo and in vitro by 4',6-diamidino-2-phenylindole (DAPI) staining...