Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RRI1
Alias: CSN5, JAB1
- Role of predicted metalloprotease motif of Jab1/Csn5 in cleavage of Nedd8 from Cul1Gregory A Cope
Department of Biology, California Institute of Technology Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Science 298:608-11. 2002..The Jab1/MPN domain metalloenzyme (JAMM) motif in the Jab1/Csn5 subunit was found to underlie CSN's Nedd8 isopeptidase activity...
- Conservation of the COP9/signalosome in budding yeastSusan Wee
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
BMC Genet 3:15. 2002..CSN is highly conserved across species from fission yeast to humans, but sequence comparison has failed to identify the complex in budding yeast, except for a putative CSN5 subunit called Rri1p.
- COP9 signalosome components play a role in the mating pheromone response of S. cerevisiaeVered Maytal-Kivity
Department of Biology and Institute for Catalysis Science and Technology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 32000 Haifa, Israel
EMBO Rep 3:1215-21. 2002..We identified a group of proteins, including a homolog of Csn5/Jab1 and four uncharacterized PCI components, that interact in a manner suggesting they form a complex analogous to ..
- The COP9 signalosome-like complex in S. cerevisiae and links to other PCI complexesVered Maytal-Kivity
Department of Biology and Institute for Catalysis Science and Technology ICST, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 32000, Haifa, Israel
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 35:706-15. 2003..identified CSN candidates, four with PCI domains: Csn9, Csn10, Pci8/Csn11, and Csn12, and one with an MPN domain, Csn5/Rri1...
- The conserved protein DCN-1/Dcn1p is required for cullin neddylation in C. elegans and S. cerevisiaeThimo Kurz
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Honggerberg, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Nature 435:1257-61. 2005..Both in vivo and in vitro experiments indicate that Dcn1p does not inhibit deneddylation of Cdc53p by the COP9 signalosome, but greatly increases the kinetics of the neddylation reaction...