Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Zap70
Description: zeta chain of T cell receptor associated protein kinase 70
Alias: Srk, tyrosine-protein kinase ZAP-70, syk-related protein tyrosine kinase, zeta-chain (TCR) associated protein kinase 70
- Takaki S, Watts J, Forbush K, Nguyen N, Hayashi J, Alberola Ila J, et al. Characterization of Lnk. An adaptor protein expressed in lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:14562-70 pubmed..Together these studies suggest that Lnk participates in signaling from receptors other than antigen receptors in lymphocytes. ..
- Chan A, van Oers N, Tran A, Turka L, Law C, Ryan J, et al. Differential expression of ZAP-70 and Syk protein tyrosine kinases, and the role of this family of protein tyrosine kinases in TCR signaling. J Immunol. 1994;152:4758-66 pubmed..Thus, the differential expression of these kinases suggests the possibility of different roles for ZAP-70 and Syk in TCR signaling and thymic development. ..
- Arpaia E, Shahar M, Dadi H, Cohen A, Roifman C. Defective T cell receptor signaling and CD8+ thymic selection in humans lacking zap-70 kinase. Cell. 1994;76:947-58 pubmed..Thus, Zap-70 kinase appears to be indispensable for the development of CD8 single-positive T cells as well as for signal transduction and function of single-positive CD4 T cells. ..
- Hatakeyama S, Jensen J, Weissman A. Subcellular localization and ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme (E2) interactions of mammalian HECT family ubiquitin protein ligases. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15085-92 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of two E2 binding sites within Nedd-4 suggests models for ubiquitination involving multiple E2 enzymes associated with E3s. ..
- Morford L, Forrest K, Logan B, Overstreet L, Goebel J, Brooks W, et al. Calpain II colocalizes with detergent-insoluble rafts on human and Jurkat T-cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:540-6 pubmed..Hence, we demonstrate that the positioning of calpain II within T-cell lipid rafts strategically places it in close proximity to known calpain substrates that are cleaved during Ag-specific T-cell signaling and immune synapse formation. ..
- Alonso A, Rahmouni S, Williams S, van Stipdonk M, Jaroszewski L, Godzik A, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation of VHR phosphatase by ZAP-70. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:44-8 pubmed..These results suggest that VHR is a target for ZAP-70 and tempers activation of the Erk2 pathway in a ZAP-70-controlled manner. ..
- Luo H, Yu G, Tremblay J, Wu J. EphB6-null mutation results in compromised T cell function. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:1762-73 pubmed..Further downstream, in the absence of EphB6, ZAP-70 activation, LAT phosphorylation, the association of PLCgamma1 with SLP-76, and p44/42 MAPK activation were diminished. Thus, we have shown that EphB6 is pivotal in T cell function. ..
- Gu Y, Chae H, Siefring J, Jasti A, Hildeman D, Williams D. RhoH GTPase recruits and activates Zap70 required for T cell receptor signaling and thymocyte development. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:1182-90 pubmed..RhoH deficiency resulted in defective CD3zeta phosphorylation, impaired translocation of the signaling molecule Zap70 to the immunological synapse and reduced activation of Zap70-mediated signaling in thymic and peripheral T cells...