Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ybx1
Description: Y box binding protein 1
Alias: Byb1, Cbfa, Dbpb, Ef1a, Msy1, Nsep1, Yb1, nuclease-sensitive element-binding protein 1, CBF-A, CCAAT-binding transcription factor 1 subunit A, CCAAT-binding transcription factor I subunit A, DNA binding protein B, EFI-A, Y box transcription factor, YB-1, enhancer factor 1 alpha, enhancer factor 1 subunit A, enhancer factor I subunit A
- Kamalov G, Varma B, Lu L, Sun Y, Weber K, Guntaka R. Expression of the multifunctional Y-box protein, YB-1, in myofibroblasts of the infarcted rat heart. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:239-44 pubmed..MyoFbs are the major source of YB-1 and retain it up to day 28 post-MI. We suggest early expression of YB-1 promotes proliferation and migration of myoFbs, whereas prolonged expression may be responsible for scar formation. ..
- Shen Q, Fan L, Newburger P. Nuclease sensitive element binding protein 1 associates with the selenocysteine insertion sequence and functions in mammalian selenoprotein translation. J Cell Physiol. 2006;207:775-83 pubmed..Our laboratory has previously identified nuclease sensitive element binding protein 1 (NSEP1) as another SECIS-binding protein, but evidence has been presented both for and against ..
- Zou Y, Evans S, Chen J, Kuo H, Harvey R, Chien K. CARP, a cardiac ankyrin repeat protein, is downstream in the Nkx2-5 homeobox gene pathway. Development. 1997;124:793-804 pubmed
- Beckerman R, Prives C. Transcriptional regulation by p53. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2010;2:a000935 pubmed publisher..How p53 is able to discriminate between these different loci is the subject of intense research. Here, we describe key aspects of the fundamentals of p53-mediated transcriptional regulation and target gene promoter selectivity. ..
- Feng Q, Huang S, Zhang A, Chen Q, Guo X, Chen R, et al. Y-box protein 1 stimulates mesangial cell proliferation via activation of ERK1/2. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2009;113:e16-25 pubmed publisher..YB-1 has an apparent stimulatory effect on c-Raf, MEK1/2, ERK1/2 and cell-cycle progression in MCs, after which activated ERK1/2 goes on to upregulate YB-1 expression and augment the proliferative effect of YB-1. ..
- Weidensdorfer D, Stöhr N, Baude A, Lederer M, Köhn M, Schierhorn A, et al. Control of c-myc mRNA stability by IGF2BP1-associated cytoplasmic RNPs. RNA. 2009;15:104-15 pubmed publisher..Four of these proteins (HNRNPU, SYNCRIP, YBX1, and DHX9) were essential to ensure stabilization of the c-myc mRNA via the CRD...
- Yokoyama H, Harigae H, Takahashi S, Kameoka J, Miyamura K, Ishizawa K, et al. High expression of YB-1 gene in erythroid cells in patients with refractory anemia. Int J Hematol. 2003;78:213-8 pubmed..The findings suggested that YB-1 functions in the early stage of erythropoiesis and that aberrant expression of this protein may induce hematological diseases such as MDS. ..
- Mertens P, Martin I, Frye B, Rauen T, Strauch S, Pabst M, et al. Rat Mrp2 gene expression is regulated by an interleukin-1?-stimulated biphasic response with enhanced transcription and subcellular shuttling of YB-1. Eur J Cell Biol. 2012;91:533-41 pubmed publisher..Previously we have shown that YB-1 down-regulates Mrp2 expression in vitro. Therefore we investigated the potential role of YB-1 as regulator of hepatic acute phase genes...
- Fukada T, Tonks N. Identification of YB-1 as a regulator of PTP1B expression: implications for regulation of insulin and cytokine signaling. EMBO J. 2003;22:479-93 pubmed..Our data reveal an important role for YB-1 as a regulator of PTP1B expression, and further highlight PTP1B as a critical regulator of insulin- and cytokine-mediated signal transduction. ..
- Keilhoff G, Titze M, Esser T, Langnaese K, Ebmeyer U. Constitutive and functional expression of YB-1 in microglial cells. Neuroscience. 2015;301:439-53 pubmed publisher..In addition, YB-1 protein levels correlated with microglia phagocytic activity because its upregulation could also be induced by inert NPs. ..
- Donaubauer E, Hunzicker Dunn M. Extracellular Signal-regulated Kinase (ERK)-dependent Phosphorylation of Y-Box-binding Protein 1 (YB-1) Enhances Gene Expression in Granulosa Cells in Response to Follicle-stimulating Hormone (FSH). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12145-60 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results reveal that phosphorylation of YB-1 on Ser(102) via the ERK/RSK-2 signaling pathway is necessary for FSH-mediated expression of target genes required for maturation of follicles to a preovulatory phenotype. ..
- Unkrüer B, Pekcec A, Fuest C, Wehmeyer A, Balda M, Horn A, et al. Cellular localization of Y-box binding protein 1 in brain tissue of rats, macaques, and humans. BMC Neurosci. 2009;10:28 pubmed publisher..Lack of a co-localization with Glut-1 and P-glycoprotein argues against a direct role of YB-1 in the regulation of blood-brain barrier P-glycoprotein. ..
- Ray D, Kazan H, Chan E, Pena Castillo L, Chaudhry S, Talukder S, et al. Rapid and systematic analysis of the RNA recognition specificities of RNA-binding proteins. Nat Biotechnol. 2009;27:667-70 pubmed publisher..We tested RNAcompete by analyzing nine diverse RBPs (HuR, Vts1, FUSIP1, PTB, U1A, SF2/ASF, SLM2, RBM4 and YB1). RNAcompete identified expected and previously unknown RNA binding preferences...
- Shi J, Zheng B, Chen S, Ma G, Wen J. Retinoic acid receptor ? mediates all-trans-retinoic acid-induced Klf4 gene expression by regulating Klf4 promoter activity in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10799-811 pubmed publisher..immunoprecipitation and oligonucleotide pulldown assays demonstrated that the transcription factors KLF4, Sp1, and YB1 directly bound to the GC boxes of the proximal Klf4 promoter...
- Onishi H, Kino Y, Morita T, Futai E, Sasagawa N, Ishiura S. MBNL1 associates with YB-1 in cytoplasmic stress granules. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:1994-2002 pubmed publisher..We found that DDX1 also colocalized with MBNL1 at stress granules. These results provide new insight into the dynamics of MBNL1 in response to stress, and they suggest a role for MBNL1 in mRNA metabolism in the cytoplasm. ..
- Dooley S, Said H, Gressner A, Floege J, En Nia A, Mertens P. Y-box protein-1 is the crucial mediator of antifibrotic interferon-gamma effects. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:1784-95 pubmed..In conclusion, YB-1 is the main target of interferon-gamma signaling via Jak1 that exerts antifibrotic action by both interference with TGF-beta signaling and direct down-regulation of collagen expression. ..
- Homer C, Knight D, Hananeia L, Sheard P, Risk J, Lasham A, et al. Y-box factor YB1 controls p53 apoptotic function. Oncogene. 2005;24:8314-25 pubmedNuclear localization and high levels of the Y-box-binding protein YB1 appear to be important indicators of drug resistance and tumor prognosis. YB1 also interacts with the p53 tumor suppressor protein...
- Todd R, Lippard S. Inhibition of transcription by platinum antitumor compounds. Metallomics. 2009;1:280-91 pubmed publisher..A thorough understanding of the molecular mechanism of action of platinum antitumor agents will aid in the development of new compounds in the family. ..
- Forster F, Paster W, Supper V, Schatzlmaier P, Sunzenauer S, Ostler N, et al. Guanylate binding protein 1-mediated interaction of T cell antigen receptor signaling with the cytoskeleton. J Immunol. 2014;192:771-81 pubmed publisher..We conclude that GBP-1 is a downstream processor of IFN-? via which T cells regulate cytoskeleton-dependent cell functions. ..
- Maher Laporte M, Berthiaume F, Moreau M, Julien L, Lapointe G, Mourez M, et al. Molecular composition of staufen2-containing ribonucleoproteins in embryonic rat brain. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11350 pubmed publisher..The proteomic approach identified mRNA-binding proteins (PABPC1, hnRNP H1, YB1 and hsc70), proteins of the cytoskeleton (alpha- and beta-tubulin) and RUFY3 a poorly characterized protein...
- Cheng S, Alfonso Jaume M, Mertens P, Lovett D. Tumour metastasis suppressor, nm23-beta, inhibits gelatinase A transcription by interference with transactivator Y-box protein-1 (YB-1). Biochem J. 2002;366:807-16 pubmed