Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps4b
Description: vacuolar protein sorting 4 homolog B
Alias: vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 4B, vacuolar protein sorting 4b
- Sandrin V, Sundquist W. ESCRT requirements for EIAV budding. Retrovirology. 2013;10:104 pubmed publisher..constructs revealed budding requirements for the following ESCRT proteins: ALIX, CHMP4B, CHMP2A and VPS4A or VPS4B. EIAV budding was inhibited by point mutations that abrogate the direct interactions between ALIX:CHMP4B, CHMP4B:..
- Périer F, Coulter K, Liang H, Radeke C, Gaber R, Vandenberg C. Identification of a novel mammalian member of the NSF/CDC48p/Pas1p/TBP-1 family through heterologous expression in yeast. FEBS Lett. 1994;351:286-90 pubmed..The SKD1 protein constitutes a novel member of this family with 49-58% amino acid sequence similarity with other family members, and contains a single ATP binding site. The SKD2 polypeptide is the mouse homolog of NSF. ..
- Ohsaki Y, Sugimoto Y, Suzuki M, Hosokawa H, Yoshimori T, Davies J, et al. Cholesterol depletion facilitates ubiquitylation of NPC1 and its association with SKD1/Vps4. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2643-53 pubmed..These results suggest that ubiquitylation of NPC1 and its association with the ESCRT complex are controlled by endosomal cholesterol levels utilizing a mechanism that involves NPC2. ..
- Silvestri L, Ruthel G, Kallstrom G, Warfield K, Swenson D, Nelle T, et al. Involvement of vacuolar protein sorting pathway in Ebola virus release independent of TSG101 interaction. J Infect Dis. 2007;196 Suppl 2:S264-70 pubmed..These data show that EBOV can use vps proteins independently of TSG101 for budding and reveal VPS4 as a potential target for filovirus therapeutics. ..
- Sahu R, Kaushik S, Clement C, Cannizzo E, Scharf B, Follenzi A, et al. Microautophagy of cytosolic proteins by late endosomes. Dev Cell. 2011;20:131-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that endosomal microautophagy shares molecular components with both the endocytic and autophagic pathways. ..
- Dores M, Chen B, Lin H, Soh U, Paing M, Montagne W, et al. ALIX binds a YPX(3)L motif of the GPCR PAR1 and mediates ubiquitin-independent ESCRT-III/MVB sorting. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:407-19 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a novel MVB/lysosomal sorting pathway for signaling receptors that bypasses the requirement for ubiquitination and ubiquitin-binding ESCRTs and may be applicable to a subset of GPCRs containing YPX(n)L motifs. ..