Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps4a
Description: vacuolar protein sorting 4 homolog A
Alias: vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 4A, vacuolar protein sorting 4a, vacuolar protein sorting protein 4a
- Cashikar A, Shim S, Roth R, Maldazys M, Heuser J, Hanson P. Structure of cellular ESCRT-III spirals and their relationship to HIV budding. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..Interpolating between the observed structures suggests a new role for Vps4 in separating ESCRT-III from Gag or other cargo to allow centripetal growth of a neck constricting ESCRT-III spiral...
- Tanaka H, Fujita H, Katoh H, Mori K, Negishi M. Vps4-A (vacuolar protein sorting 4-A) is a binding partner for a novel Rho family GTPase, Rnd2. Biochem J. 2002;365:349-53 pubmed..When Rnd2 was co-expressed with Vps4-A(E228Q), Rnd2 was recruited to the Vps4-A-bound early endosomes. These results suggest that Rnd2 is involved in the regulation of endosomal trafficking via direct binding to Vps4-A. ..
- Sahu R, Kaushik S, Clement C, Cannizzo E, Scharf B, Follenzi A, et al. Microautophagy of cytosolic proteins by late endosomes. Dev Cell. 2011;20:131-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that endosomal microautophagy shares molecular components with both the endocytic and autophagic pathways. ..
- Thoresen S, Campsteijn C, Vietri M, Schink K, Liestøl K, Andersen J, et al. ANCHR mediates Aurora-B-dependent abscission checkpoint control through retention of VPS4. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:550-60 pubmed publisher..We propose that the abscission checkpoint is mediated by ANCHR and CHMP4C through retention of VPS4 at the midbody ring. ..
- Morita E, Sandrin V, Alam S, Eckert D, Gygi S, Sundquist W. Identification of human MVB12 proteins as ESCRT-I subunits that function in HIV budding. Cell Host Microbe. 2007;2:41-53 pubmed..Taken together, these studies define the composition of human ESCRT-I complexes and indicate that the MVB12 subunits play a unique role in regulating ESCRT-mediated virus budding. ..
- Scheuring S, Röhricht R, Schöning Burkhardt B, Beyer A, Muller S, Abts H, et al. Mammalian cells express two VPS4 proteins both of which are involved in intracellular protein trafficking. J Mol Biol. 2001;312:469-80 pubmed..Based on these results, we conclude that both human VPS4 proteins are involved in intracellular protein trafficking, presumably at a late endosomal protein transport step, similar to the Vps4p in yeast. ..
- Howard T, Stauffer D, Degnin C, Hollenberg S. CHMP1 functions as a member of a newly defined family of vesicle trafficking proteins. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2395-404 pubmed..These observations identify the conserved CHMP/Chmp family as a set of proteins fundamental to understanding multivesicular body sorting in eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Sandrin V, Sundquist W. ESCRT requirements for EIAV budding. Retrovirology. 2013;10:104 pubmed publisher..and mutant constructs revealed budding requirements for the following ESCRT proteins: ALIX, CHMP4B, CHMP2A and VPS4A or VPS4B...
- Ren J, Yuan D, Xie L, Tao X, Duan C, Bao Y, et al. Up-regulation of Vps4A promotes neuronal apoptosis after intracerebral hemorrhage in adult rats. Metab Brain Dis. 2017;32:565-575 pubmed publisher..sorting 4, belongs to ATPases Associated with diverse cellular Activities (AAA) protein family which is made up of Vps4A and Vps4B...
- Rusten T, Stenmark H. How do ESCRT proteins control autophagy?. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2179-83 pubmed publisher..We propose that the involvement of ESCRT proteins in the fusion of autophagosomes with the endolysosomal system is the most plausible model. ..
- Silvestri L, Ruthel G, Kallstrom G, Warfield K, Swenson D, Nelle T, et al. Involvement of vacuolar protein sorting pathway in Ebola virus release independent of TSG101 interaction. J Infect Dis. 2007;196 Suppl 2:S264-70 pubmed..These data show that EBOV can use vps proteins independently of TSG101 for budding and reveal VPS4 as a potential target for filovirus therapeutics. ..
- Sachse M, Strous G, Klumperman J. ATPase-deficient hVPS4 impairs formation of internal endosomal vesicles and stabilizes bilayered clathrin coats on endosomal vacuoles. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:1699-708 pubmed..Moreover, our data suggest that disassembly of the coat is required for the formation of internal vesicles. ..
- Beyer A, Scheuring S, Müller S, Mincheva A, Lichter P, Köhrer K. Comparative sequence and expression analyses of four mammalian VPS4 genes. Gene. 2003;305:47-59 pubmed..databases from completely or partially sequenced organisms revealed the existence of up to three paralogues, VPS4a, -b, and -c...