Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps35
Description: VPS35 retromer complex component
Alias: Mem3, vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 35, Maternal embryonic message 3, vacuolar protein sorting 35 homolog
- Perrett R, Alexopoulou Z, Tofaris G. The endosomal pathway in Parkinson's disease. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2015;66:21-8 pubmed publisher..we summarized the evidence that a number of Parkinson's associated genetic mutations or polymorphisms (LRRK2, VPS35, GBA, ATP13A2, ATP6AP2, DNAJC13/RME-8, RAB7L1, GAK) disrupt protein trafficking and degradation via the endosomal ..
- George A, Leahy H, Zhou J, Morin P. The vacuolar-ATPase inhibitor bafilomycin and mutant VPS35 inhibit canonical Wnt signaling. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;26:125-33 pubmed..a possible indirect interaction between the LRP6 intracellular domain and vacuolar protein sorting protein 35 (VPS35)...
- MacLeod D, Rhinn H, Kuwahara T, Zolin A, Di Paolo G, McCabe B, et al. RAB7L1 interacts with LRRK2 to modify intraneuronal protein sorting and Parkinson's disease risk. Neuron. 2013;77:425-39 pubmed publisher..defects in RAB7L1 or LRRK2 led to endolysosomal and Golgi apparatus sorting defects and deficiency of the VPS35 component of the retromer complex...
- Steinberg F, Gallon M, Winfield M, Thomas E, Bell A, Heesom K, et al. A global analysis of SNX27-retromer assembly and cargo specificity reveals a function in glucose and metal ion transport. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:461-71 pubmed publisher..Our data identify the SNX27-retromer as a major endosomal recycling hub required to maintain cellular nutrient homeostasis. ..
- Dhungel N, Eleuteri S, Li L, Kramer N, Chartron J, Spencer B, et al. Parkinson's disease genes VPS35 and EIF4G1 interact genetically and converge on Î±-synuclein. Neuron. 2015;85:76-87 pubmed publisher..Here we report an unexpected genetic interaction between two PD genes, VPS35 and EIF4G1. We provide evidence that EIF4G1 upregulation causes defects associated with protein misfolding...
- Gallon M, Cullen P. Retromer and sorting nexins in endosomal sorting. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:33-47 pubmed publisher..Retromer function is reliant on a number of proteins from the SNX family. In the present article, we discuss this inter-relationship and how defects in retromer function are increasingly being linked with human disease. ..
- Bartuzi P, Billadeau D, Favier R, Rong S, Dekker D, Fedoseienko A, et al. CCC- and WASH-mediated endosomal sorting of LDLR is required for normal clearance of circulating LDL. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10961 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides valuable insights into the mechanisms regulating cholesterol homeostasis and LDLR trafficking. ..
- Temkin P, Lauffer B, Jäger S, Cimermancic P, Krogan N, von Zastrow M. SNX27 mediates retromer tubule entry and endosome-to-plasma membrane trafficking of signalling receptors. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:715-21 pubmed publisher..The present results identify a role for retromer in endocytic trafficking of signalling receptors, in regulating a receptor-linked signalling pathway, and in mediating direct endosome-to-plasma membrane traffic. ..
- Hunn B, Cragg S, Bolam J, Spillantini M, Wade Martins R. Impaired intracellular trafficking defines early Parkinson's disease. Trends Neurosci. 2015;38:178-88 pubmed publisher..Dysfunction of the dopaminergic synapse heralds trafficking impairment. ..
- Tang F, Erion J, Tian Y, Liu W, Yin D, Ye J, et al. VPS35 in Dopamine Neurons Is Required for Endosome-to-Golgi Retrieval of Lamp2a, a Receptor of Chaperone-Mediated Autophagy That Is Critical for Î±-Synuclein Degradation and Prevention of Pathogenesis of Parkinson's Disease. J Neurosci. 2015;35:10613-28 pubmed publisherVacuolar protein sorting-35 (VPS35) is essential for endosome-to-Golgi retrieval of membrane proteins. Mutations in the VPS35 gene have been identified in patients with autosomal dominant PD...
- Belenkaya T, Wu Y, Tang X, Zhou B, Cheng L, Sharma Y, et al. The retromer complex influences Wnt secretion by recycling wntless from endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Dev Cell. 2008;14:120-31 pubmed..Here, we have examined a role of Vps35, an essential retromer subunit, in Wnt signaling in Drosophila and mammalian cells...
- Follett J, Bugarcic A, Yang Z, Ariotti N, Norwood S, Collins B, et al. Parkinson Disease-linked Vps35 R524W Mutation Impairs the Endosomal Association of Retromer and Induces ?-Synuclein Aggregation. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:18283-98 pubmed publisher..Here, we find that Parkinson disease-associated Vps35 variant, R524W, but not P316S, is a loss-of-function mutation as marked by a reduced association with this ..
- Zhao X, Nothwehr S, Lara Lemus R, Zhang B, Peter H, Arvan P. Dominant-negative behavior of mammalian Vps35 in yeast requires a conserved PRLYL motif involved in retromer assembly. Traffic. 2007;8:1829-40 pubmed..Yeast Vps35p (yVps35) exhibits similarity to human Vps35 (hVps35), especially in a completely conserved PRLYL motif contained within an amino-terminal domain...
- del Pino I, Paarmann I, Karas M, Kilimann M, Betz H. The trafficking proteins Vacuolar Protein Sorting 35 and Neurobeachin interact with the glycine receptor ?-subunit. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;412:435-40 pubmed publisher..we used an affinity-based proteomic approach to identify the trafficking proteins Vacuolar Protein Sorting 35 (Vps35) and Neurobeachin (Nbea) as novel GlyR ?-subunit (GlyR?) interacting proteins in rat brain...
- Kim E, Lee Y, Lee H, Kim J, Song B, Huh J, et al. Implication of mouse Vps26b-Vps29-Vps35 retromer complex in sortilin trafficking. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;403:167-71 pubmed publisher..cargo recognition heterotrimer consisted of the vacuolar protein sorting (Vps) subunits Vps26, Vps29, and Vps35. In mammals, there are two different isoforms of Vps26, Vps26a and Vps26b, that localize to the endosome, and to ..
- Wang W, Wang X, Fujioka H, Hoppel C, Whone A, Caldwell M, et al. Parkinson's disease-associated mutant VPS35 causes mitochondrial dysfunction by recycling DLP1 complexes. Nat Med. 2016;22:54-63 pubmed publisher..The VPS35 gene, which encodes a key component of the membrane protein-recycling retromer complex, is the third autosomal-..