Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vil1
Description: villin 1
Alias: Vil, villin-1
- Tomar A, George S, Mathew S, Khurana S. Differential effects of lysophosphatidic acid and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate on actin dynamics by direct association with the actin-binding protein villin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:35278-82 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a novel regulatory mechanism for phospholipid-induced changes in the microfilament structure and cell function and suggest that LPA could be an intracellular regulator of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Krasteva G, Canning B, Hartmann P, Veres T, Papadakis T, Mühlfeld C, et al. Cholinergic chemosensory cells in the trachea regulate breathing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:9478-83 pubmed publisher..This identifies brush cells as cholinergic sensors of the chemical composition of the lower airway luminal microenvironment that are directly linked to the regulation of respiration...
- Athman R, Louvard D, Robine S. Villin enhances hepatocyte growth factor-induced actin cytoskeleton remodeling in epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4641-53 pubmed..Collectively, these data demonstrate that villin acts as a regulator of HGF-induced actin dynamics. ..
- Kumar N, Tomar A, Parrill A, Khurana S. Functional dissection and molecular characterization of calcium-sensitive actin-capping and actin-depolymerizing sites in villin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45036-46 pubmed..Such mutational analysis and functional characterization of the actin-capping and -depolymerizing sites are unknown for other proteins of the villin family. ..
- Athman R, FERNANDEZ M, Gounon P, Sansonetti P, Louvard D, Philpott D, et al. Shigella flexneri infection is dependent on villin in the mouse intestine and in primary cultures of intestinal epithelial cells. Cell Microbiol. 2005;7:1109-16 pubmed..In vivo, we show that unlike newborn vil+/+ mice, which are sensitive to Shigella invasion, resulting in a destructive inflammatory response of the ..
- Wang Y, Tomar A, George S, Khurana S. Obligatory role for phospholipase C-gamma(1) in villin-induced epithelial cell migration. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1775-86 pubmed..These results demonstrate that villin provides an important link between the activation of phosphoinositide signal transduction pathway and epithelial cell migration. ..
- Decuypere J, Ceulemans L, Wylin T, Martinet W, Monbaliu D, Pirenne J, et al. Plasmatic Villin 1 Is a Novel In Vivo Marker of Proximal Tubular Cell Injury During Renal Ischemia-Reperfusion. Transplantation. 2017;101:e330-e336 pubmed publisher..b>Villin 1, a protein typically found in the brush borders of proximal tubular cells, has been detected in urine of patients ..