Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vamp7
Description: vesicle-associated membrane protein 7
Alias: Sybl1, vesicle-associated membrane protein 7, VAMP-7, synaptobrevin-like 1, synaptobrevin-like protein 1
- Ohbayashi N, Yatsu A, Tamura K, Fukuda M. The Rab21-GEF activity of Varp, but not its Rab32/38 effector function, is required for dendrite formation in melanocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:669-78 pubmed publisher..By contrast, VPS9 mutants (D310A and Y350A) and a vesicle-associated membrane protein 7 (VAMP7)-binding-deficient mutant were unable to support forskolin-induced dendrite formation in Varp-deficient cells...
- Siddiqi S, Mahan J, Siddiqi S, Gorelick F, Mansbach C. Vesicle-associated membrane protein 7 is expressed in intestinal ER. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:943-50 pubmed publisher..The vesicle-associated membrane protein 7 (VAMP7) was found to be more concentrated on PCTVs compared with ER membranes...
- Logan M, Lacy P, Odemuyiwa S, Steward M, Davoine F, Kita H, et al. A critical role for vesicle-associated membrane protein-7 in exocytosis from human eosinophils and neutrophils. Allergy. 2006;61:777-84 pubmed..Our observations indicate for the first time a critical role for VAMP-7 in both eosinophil and neutrophil mediator release. ..
- Braun V, Fraisier V, Raposo G, Hurbain I, Sibarita J, Chavrier P, et al. TI-VAMP/VAMP7 is required for optimal phagocytosis of opsonised particles in macrophages. EMBO J. 2004;23:4166-76 pubmed publisher..late endocytic pathway, bearing the tetanus neurotoxin-insensitive vesicle-associated membrane protein (TI-VAMP/VAMP7), are recruited upon particle binding and undergo exocytosis before phagosome sealing in macrophages during Fc ..
- Pryor P, Mullock B, Bright N, Lindsay M, Gray S, Richardson S, et al. Combinatorial SNARE complexes with VAMP7 or VAMP8 define different late endocytic fusion events. EMBO Rep. 2004;5:590-5 pubmed..we confirmed this result, but found that the same Q-SNAREs can combine with an alternative R-SNARE, namely VAMP7, for heterotypic fusion between late endosomes and lysosomes...
- Sander L, Frank S, Bolat S, Blank U, Galli T, Bigalke H, et al. Vesicle associated membrane protein (VAMP)-7 and VAMP-8, but not VAMP-2 or VAMP-3, are required for activation-induced degranulation of mature human mast cells. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:855-63 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data show that mature human MC express a specific pattern of SNARE and that VAMP-7 and VAMP-8, but not VAMP-2, are required for rapid degranulation...
- Burgo A, Proux Gillardeaux V, Sotirakis E, Bun P, Casano A, Verraes A, et al. A molecular network for the transport of the TI-VAMP/VAMP7 vesicles from cell center to periphery. Dev Cell. 2012;23:166-80 pubmed publisher..The molecular mechanisms that allow for the secretory vesicles carrying the v-SNARE TI-VAMP/VAMP7 to leave the cell center, load onto microtubules, and reach the periphery to mediate exocytosis are largely ..
- Hasan N, Corbin D, Hu C. Fusogenic pairings of vesicle-associated membrane proteins (VAMPs) and plasma membrane t-SNAREs--VAMP5 as the exception. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14238 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that VAMPs have differential membrane fusion capacities, and imply that with the exception of VAMP5, VAMPs are essentially redundant in mediating fusion with plasma membrane t-SNAREs. ..
- Verderio C, Cagnoli C, Bergami M, Francolini M, Schenk U, Colombo A, et al. TI-VAMP/VAMP7 is the SNARE of secretory lysosomes contributing to ATP secretion from astrocytes. Biol Cell. 2012;104:213-28 pubmed publisher..study, we identify tetanus neurotoxin-insensitive vesicle-associated membrane protein (TI-VAMP, also called VAMP7) as the vesicular SNARE which mediates secretory lysosome exocytosis, contributing to release of both ATP and ..
- Bal M, Leitz J, Reese A, Ramirez D, Durakoglugil M, Herz J, et al. Reelin mobilizes a VAMP7-dependent synaptic vesicle pool and selectively augments spontaneous neurotransmission. Neuron. 2013;80:934-46 pubmed publisher..spontaneous neurotransmitter release is encoded at the level of vesicular SNARE machinery as it requires VAMP7 and SNAP-25 but not synaptobrevin2, VAMP4, or vti1a...
- Schwenk R, Dirkx E, Coumans W, Bonen A, Klip A, Glatz J, et al. Requirement for distinct vesicle-associated membrane proteins in insulin- and AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK)-induced translocation of GLUT4 and CD36 in cultured cardiomyocytes. Diabetologia. 2010;53:2209-19 pubmed publisher..In addition, there are VAMPs specifically involved in either GLUT4 traffic (VAMP7 mediates basal GLUT4 retention) or CD36 traffic (VAMP4 mediates insulin- and oligomycin/contraction-induced CD36 ..
- Ward D, Pevsner J, Scullion M, Vaughn M, Kaplan J. Syntaxin 7 and VAMP-7 are soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptors required for late endosome-lysosome and homotypic lysosome fusion in alveolar macrophages. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2327-33 pubmed
- Marcet Palacios M, Odemuyiwa S, Coughlin J, Garofoli D, Ewen C, Davidson C, et al. Vesicle-associated membrane protein 7 (VAMP-7) is essential for target cell killing in a natural killer cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:617-23 pubmed..b>VAMP7-deficient YT-Indy cells activated via co-culture with Jurkat cells released <1ng/mL of granzyme B, compared to ..