Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ucn
Alias: urocortin, corticotensin
- Identification of urocortin III, an additional member of the corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) family with high affinity for the CRF2 receptorK Lewis
Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology and Laboratory of Neuronal Structure and Function, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7570-5. 2001The corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) family of neuropeptides includes the mammalian peptides CRF, urocortin, and urocortin II, as well as piscine urotensin I and frog sauvagine...
- A subset of presympathetic-premotor neurons within the centrally projecting Edinger-Westphal nucleus expresses urocortin-1Najmul S Shah
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 52:25-35. 2013..Neurons within EWcp are the major source of urocortin 1 (Ucn-1), an analog of the corticotropin-releasing factor that binds the CRFR1 and CRFR2 receptors and has been ..
- Ligand affinity for amino-terminal and juxtamembrane domains of the corticotropin releasing factor type I receptor: regulation by G-protein and nonpeptide antagonistsSam R J Hoare
Department of Pharmacology, Neurocrine Biosciences Inc, San Diego, California 92121 1102, USA
Biochemistry 43:3996-4011. 2004..2) Agonist-J-domain interaction is allosterically enhanced by receptor-G-protein interaction and inhibited by nonpeptide antagonist...
- Differential responses of corticotropin-releasing factor and urocortin 1 to acute pain stress in the rat brainT Rouwette
Department of Cellular Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 183:15-24. 2011It has been hypothesized that corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and its related neuropeptide urocortin 1 (Ucn1) play different roles in the initiation and adaptive phases of the stress response, which implies different temporal ..
- Expression of urocortin and its receptors in the rat epididymisAdriana De Luca
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Production, University of Naples Federico II, Via Veterinaria 1, I 80137 Naples, Italy Electronic address
Reprod Biol 14:140-7. 2014b>Urocortin (UCN; 40 aa) is a corticotrophin-releasing hormone (CRH)-related peptide...
- Genetically encoded chemical probes in cells reveal the binding path of urocortin-I to CRF class B GPCRIrene Coin
Jack H Skirball Center for Chemical Biology and Proteomics, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell 155:1258-69. 2013..between the corticotropin releasing factor receptor type 1 (CRF1R) and its native 40-mer peptide ligand Urocortin-I directly in mammalian cells...
- Sex difference in urocortin production is contributory to the gender disparity in a rat model of vasculitis induced by sodium laurateRong Wan
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University Jiangsu Provincial Key Lab of Cardiovascular Diseases and Molecular Intervention, Nanjing, China
Endocrinology 154:4663-74. 2013..Increasing evidence shows that urocortin (Ucn1), an autocrine or paracrine pro-inflammatory factor, can be regulated by sex hormones...
- Systemic urocortin 2, but not urocortin 1 or stressin 1-A, suppresses feeding via CRF2 receptors without malaise and stressE M Fekete
Committee on the Neurobiology of Addictive Disorders, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Br J Pharmacol 164:1959-75. 2011Infusion of corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF)/urocortin (Ucn) family peptides suppresses feeding in mice. We examined whether rats show peripheral CRF/Ucn-induced anorexia and determined its behavioural and pharmacological bases.
- Intron retention as an alternative splice variant of the rat urocortin 1 geneE Blanco
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Catholic University of Chile, Alameda 340, 833 1010, Santiago, Chile
Neuroscience 140:1245-52. 2006b>Urocortin 1, highly conserved metazoan gene of the corticotropin-releasing hormone family, is a simple gene structured in two exons and the corresponding intron. The urocortin 1 prepropeptide is entirely coded in the second exon...
- Neuropeptide Y activates urocortin 1 neurons in the nonpreganglionic Edinger-Westphal nucleusBalazs Gaszner
Department of Anatomy, Medical Faculty, Pécs University and Neurohumoral Regulations Research Group of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 7643 Pecs, Szigeti ut 12, Hungary
J Comp Neurol 500:708-19. 2007Central regulatory pathways promoting stress adaptation utilize various neurotransmitters/neuropeptides, such as urocortin 1 (Ucn1) and neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Cardioprotective activity of urocortin by preventing caspase-independent, non-apoptotic death in cultured neonatal rat cardiomyocytes exposed to ischemiaTomoka Takatani-Nakase
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, 11 68, Koshien, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8179, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:216-21. 2010..Moreover, we investigated whether the potent cardioprotective corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH), urocortin, which had been less focused on non-apoptotic cell death, inhibits the ischemic myocyte death...
- The activation of urocortin immunoreactive neurons in the Einger-Westphal nucleus following stress in ratsT Kozicz
Pecs University, Medical Faculty, Pkcs, Szigeti at 12 H 7624, Hungary
Stress 4:85-90. 2001b>Urocortin, a member of the corticotropin releasing factor (CRF) peptide family, has a 45%sequence identity to CRF...
- Acute ether stress differentially affects corticotropin-releasing factor and urocortin 1 in the Brattleboro ratLinda Sterrenburg
Department of Cellular Animal Physiology, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Centre for Neuroscience, Radboud University Nijmegen, PO Box 9010, 6500 GL Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Brain Res 1398:21-9. 2011Arginine-vasopressin (AVP), corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and urocortin 1 (Ucn1) play a role in the stress response...
- Sex-specific effects of fasting on urocortin 1, cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript peptide and nesfatin-1 expression in the rat Edinger-Westphal nucleusL Xu
Department of Cellular Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science, EURON, Radboud University Nijmegen, Heyendaalseweg 135, 6525 AJ Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 162:1141-9. 2009..Central regulatory pathways involved in food intake utilize various neuropeptides, such as urocortin 1 (Ucn1), cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript peptide (CART) and nesfatin-1...
- Urocortin I inhibits the effects of ghrelin and neuropeptide Y on feeding and energy substrate utilizationPaul J Currie
Department of Psychology, Reed College, 3203 SE Woodstock Blvd, Portland, OR 97202, USA
Brain Res 1385:127-34. 2011The corticotropin releasing hormone-related ligand, urocortin-I (UcnI), suppresses food intake when injected into multiple hypothalamic and extrahypothalamic areas...
- Urocortin 1 reduces food intake and ghrelin secretion via CRF(2) receptorsKoji Yakabi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Saitama, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E72-82. 2011Although it is known that urocortin 1 (UCN) acts on both corticotropin-releasing factor receptors (CRF(1) and CRF(2)), the mechanisms underlying UCN-induced anorexia remain unclear...
- Urotensin II and urocortin trigger the expression of myostatin, a negative regulator of cardiac growth, in cardiomyocytesDamien Gruson
Pôle de recherche en Endocrinologie, diabète et nutrition, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc and Université Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Peptides 33:351-3. 2012Urotensin II (UII) and urocortin (UCN) are potent contributors to the physiopathology of heart failure. Our study investigated the effects of UII and UCN on the expression of myostatin (Mstn) in primary culture of adult cardiomyocytes...
- Intravenous injection of urocortin 1 induces a CRF2 mediated increase in circulating ghrelin and glucose levels through distinct mechanisms in ratsLixin Wang
CURE Digestive Diseases Research Center and Center for Neurobiology of Stress, Department of Medicine, Digestive Diseases Division at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Peptides 39:164-70. 2013..We examined plasma levels of ghrelin and blood glucose after intravenous (iv) injection of Ucn 1, the CRF receptor subtype involved and underlying mechanisms in ad libitum fed rats equipped with a chronic iv ..
- Estrogen receptors alpha and beta differentially regulate the transcriptional activity of the Urocortin genePaola Haeger
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Catholic University of Chile, 833 1010 Santiago, Chile
J Neurosci 26:4908-16. 2006b>Urocortin (Ucn), a highly conserved metazoan gene, is related to stress and feeding, behaviors with significant gender differences...
- High maternal and fetal plasma urocortin levels in pregnancies complicated by hypertensionPasquale Florio
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Hypertens 24:1831-40. 2006We evaluated maternal and fetal plasma levels and placental mRNA expression of urocortin, a placental vasoactive neuropeptide, in singleton pregnancies (n = 70) complicated by hypertensive disorders classified as gestational hypertension ..
- Neuropeptide urocortin and its receptors are expressed in rat Kupffer cellsIoannis Charalampopoulos
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
Neuroendocrinology 84:49-57. 2006The stress neuropeptides, corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) and urocortin (UCN), modulate the inflammatory response via the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis and locally, in a paracrine manner, act on mast and macrophage cells...
- Reduced urocortin 1 immunoreactivity in the non-preganglionic Edinger-Westphal nucleus during late pregnancy in ratsA Fatima
Institute of Medical Neurobiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
Regul Pept 143:34-8. 2007..In rats, urocortin 1, a corticotropin-releasing factor-like peptide, is expressed mainly in the non-preganglionic Edinger-Westphal ..
- Urocortin trafficking in cerebral microvessel endothelial cellsHong Tu
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
J Mol Neurosci 31:171-81. 2007b>Urocortin, a potent peptide inhibitor of feeding behavior, can enter the brain from blood by leptin-facilitated permeation across the blood-brain barrier...
- Urocortin prevents mitochondrial permeability transition in response to reperfusion injury indirectly by reducing oxidative stressPaul A Townsend
Human Genetics Division, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H928-38. 2007b>Urocortin (UCN) protects hearts against ischemia and reperfusion injury whether given before ischemia or at reperfusion...
- Urocortin, a CRF-like peptide, restores key indicators of damage in the substantia nigra in a neuroinflammatory model of Parkinson's diseaseAmjad Abuirmeileh
Department of Pharmacology, The School of Pharmacy, London, UK
J Neuroinflammation 4:19. 2007We have recently observed that the corticotrophin releasing hormone (CRF) related peptide urocortin (UCN) reverses key features of nigrostriatal damage in the hemiparkinsonian 6-hydroxydopamine lesioned rat...
- Urocortins and cholecystokinin-8 act synergistically to increase satiation in lean but not obese mice: involvement of corticotropin-releasing factor receptor-2 pathwayG Gourcerol
Center for Neurovisceral Sciences and Women s Health, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Endocrinology 148:6115-23. 2007..We investigated whether cholecystokinin (CCK)-8 and urocortin systems potentiate each other to inhibit FI and gastric emptying (GE) in fasted mice...
- Microinjection of urocortin into the rat nucleus tractus solitarii decreases arterial blood pressureToshiya Yamazaki
Department of Physiology, Wakayama Medical University School of Medicine, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama City 641 8509, Japan
Auton Neurosci 142:51-4. 2008Systemic administration of urocortin I (Ucn I), a member of the corticotrophin-releasing factor (CRF) peptide family, modulates cardiovascular system...
- Cardiovascular responses to microinjections of urocortins into the NTS: role of inotropic glutamate receptorsTakeshi Nakamura
Department of Neurological Surgery, MSB H 586, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H2022-9. 2009b>Urocortin 1 (Ucn1) and urocortin 3 (Ucn3) are new members of the corticotrophin-releasing factor (CRF) peptide family...
- Modulation of Ca2+ influx by corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) family of peptides via CRF receptors in rat pancreatic beta-cellsKazunori Kageyama
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Infectious Diseases Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki, Aomori 036 8562, Japan
Peptides 27:1814-9. 2006..In addition to CRF, other additional members of the family, urocortins, have been identified in mammals. Urocortin 1 (UCN 1), a peptide of the CRF family, binds both CRF1 receptor and CRF2 receptor with equal affinities...
- Urocortin induces positive inotropic effect in rat heartEva Calderón-Sanchez
Laboratorio de Investigación Cardiovascular, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío CSIC Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla 41013, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 83:717-25. 2009The aim of this study is to evaluate the positive inotropic effect of urocortin (Ucn) and to characterize its signalling pathways.
- Urocortin promotes the development of vasculitis in a rat model of thromboangiitis obliterans via corticotrophin-releasing factor type 1 receptorsYouhua Xu
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Br J Pharmacol 157:1368-79. 2009b>Urocortin is a locally expressed pro-inflammatory peptide. Here we have examined the effects of urocortin on sodium laurate-induced peripheral arterial vasculitis in rats, modelling the mechanisms of thromboangiitis obliterans (TAO).
- Urocortin induced expression of COX-2 and ICAM-1 via corticotrophin-releasing factor type 2 receptor in rat aortic endothelial cellsRongjian Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Br J Pharmacol 158:819-29. 2009Our previous study showed that urocortin (Ucn1) exacerbates the hypercoagulable state and vasculitis in a rat model of sodium laurate-induced thromboangiitis obliterans...
- Regulation of somatodendritic dopamine release by corticotropin-releasing factor via the inhibition of voltage-operated Ca2+ channelsYonjung Kim
Department of Physiology, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon 440 746, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 465:31-5. 2009..Since corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) regulates VOCC, we sought to determine whether urocortin affects somatodendritic DA release in the isolated DA neurons using amperometry method...
- Plasma urocortin 1 in human heart failureSue P Wright
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Circ Heart Fail 2:465-71. 2009..We have investigated plasma urocortin 1 as a potential diagnostic marker of heart failure and documented its relationships to symptoms, measures of ..
- Local secretion of urocortin 1 promotes microvascular permeability during lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammationElizabeth L Cureton
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Endocrinology 150:5428-37. 2009b>Urocortin 1 (Ucn1) is a neuropeptide that regulates vascular tone and is implicated in both the vascular and immune cell-mediated responses to inflammation...
- Sex differences in urocortin 1 dynamics in the non-preganglionic Edinger-Westphal nucleus of the ratNicole M Derks
Department of Cellular Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science, EURON, Radboud University Nijmegen, Heyendaalseweg 135, 6525 AJ Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neurosci Res 66:117-23. 2010..b>Urocortin 1 (Ucn1) in the npEW plays an important role in stress adaptation...
- Urocortin modulates dopaminergic neuronal survival via inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3β and histone deacetylaseHsin Yi Huang
Department of Research, Neuro Medical Scientific Center, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien 970, Taiwan, ROC
Neurobiol Aging 32:1662-77. 2011b>Urocortin (UCN) is a member of the corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) family of neuropeptides that regulates stress responses...
- Effect of long-term treatment with urocortin on the activity of somatic angiotensin-converting enzyme in spontaneously hypertensive ratsCui Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:168-76. 2010Our previous acute study on urocortin (Ucn) demonstrated that Ucn altered serum and tissue angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) activity in rats...
- mRNA expression of corticotropin-releasing factor and urocortin 1 after restraint and foot shock together with alprazolam administrationIsabel C Cespedes
Department of Biosciences, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Campus Baixada Santista, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Peptides 31:2200-8. 2010..Urocortins 1-3 are additional ligands to the CRF receptors 1 and 2. Ucn 1 neurons are primarily concentrated in the Edinger-Westphal (EW) nucleus and also have been associated with stress ..
- Urocortin 1 modulates immunosignaling in a rat model of colitis via corticotropin-releasing factor receptor 2Jen Chang
Dept of Surgery, Univ of California, San Francisco, 94143 0660, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 300:G884-94. 2011..Thus we conclude that local CRF(2) and pERK1/2 activation is pivotal for macroscopic spread of colitis and resolution of edema. Elimination of CRF(2), but not CRF(1), results in uncoordinated immune and pERK1/2 signaling responses...
- Odorranalectin-conjugated nanoparticles: preparation, brain delivery and pharmacodynamic study on Parkinson's disease following intranasal administrationZiyi Wen
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Control Release 151:131-8. 2011..Besides, urocortin peptide (UCN), as a macromolecular model drug, was incorporated into nanoparticles and evaluated for its ..
- Urocortin, but not urocortin II, protects cultured hippocampal neurons from oxidative and excitotoxic cell death via corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor type IWard A Pedersen
Laboratory of Neurosciences, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurosci 22:404-12. 2002b>Urocortin and urocortin II are members of the corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) family of neuropeptides that function to regulate stress responses...
- Urocortin protects cardiac myocytes from ischemia/reperfusion injury by attenuating calcium-insensitive phospholipase A2 gene expressionK M Lawrence
Medical Molecular Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, 30 Guilford St, London WC1N 1EH, UK
FASEB J 17:2313-5. 2003..gene expression caused by a 24 h exposure of rat primary neonatal cardiac myocytes to the cardioprotective agent urocortin. We observed a 2...
- Protective effects of the urocortin homologues stresscopin (SCP) and stresscopin-related peptide (SRP) against hypoxia/reoxygenation injury in rat neonatal cardiomyocytesA Chanalaris
Medical Molecular Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 35:1295-305. 2003b>Urocortin (UCN), a member of the Corticotropin-Releasing Factor (CRF) family of peptides is a well described cardioprotective agent...
- Stimulation of rat pancreatic exocrine secretion by urocortin and corticotropin releasing factorEduardo A Guzman
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0331, USA
Peptides 24:727-34. 2003..The effects of the corticotropin releasing factor (CRF) related neuropeptide urocortin (UCN) on pancreatic exocrine secretion were examined...
- Urocortin-related peptides increase interleukin-6 output via cyclic adenosine 5'-monophosphate-dependent pathways in A7r5 aortic smooth muscle cellsKazunori Kageyama
The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Aomori 036 8562, Japan
Endocrinology 144:2234-41. 2003..This receptor is coupled positively to adenylate cyclase and is bound preferentially by the urocortin (Ucn)-related peptides (Uncs): Ucn, Ucn II, and Ucn III...
- Neurons colocalizing urocortin and cocaine and amphetamine-regulated transcript immunoreactivities are induced by acute lipopolysaccharide stress in the Edinger-Westphal nucleus in the ratT Kozicz
University of Pecs, Medical Faculty, Department of Human Anatomy, Pecs, Szigeti ut 12, H 7624, Hungary
Neuroscience 116:315-20. 2003..releasing factor, central stress regulatory pathways utilize various neurotransmitters/neuropeptides, such as urocortin and cocaine and amphetamine-regulated transcript, which play an important role in modifying the efferent ..
- The localisation of urocortin in the adult rat cerebellum: a light and electron microscopic studyJ D Swinny
Laboratory for Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, Graduate School of Behavioural and Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 114:891-903. 2002..and electron microscopic immunocytochemistry was used to identify the cellular and subcellular localisation of urocortin in the adult rat cerebellum...
- Urocortin shares the memory modulating effects of corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF): mediation by CRF1 receptorsEric P Zorrilla
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc, La Jolla, CA, USA
Brain Res 952:200-10. 2002..In the present study, we used CRF, urocortin (Ucn), a recently cloned CRF homologue, and CRF receptor antagonists, to determine which CRF receptor subtype(s) ..
- Cardiotrophin-1 and urocortin cause protection by the same pathway and hypertrophy via distinct pathways in cardiac myocytesJulia E Railson
Medical Molecular Biology Unit, University College London, 30 Guilford Street, London, WC1N 1EH, UK
Cytokine 17:243-53. 2002..CT-1 and the corticotrophin releasing hormone-like hormone urocortin protect cardiac myocytes by the same p42/44 mitogen activated protein kinase (p42/44 MAPK) dependent pathway...
- UrocortinDavid S Latchman
Institute of Child Health, University College London, 30 Guilford Street, WC1N 1EH, London, UK
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34:907-10. 2002b>Urocortin (Ucn) is a 40 amino acid peptide which is closely related to corticotrophin-releasing factor (CRF). It is expressed in specific regions of the brain but is also detectable in other organs notably the heart...
- Cardiac expression of urocortin (Ucn) in diseased heart; preliminary results on possible involvement of Ucn in pathophysiology of cardiac diseasesKeiichi Ikeda
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biochem 252:25-32. 2003Recently, several studies reported that urocortin (Ucn) had beneficial effects on cardiovascular system and was expressed both in the normal heart and in the heart of dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM), yet the relationship between high ..
- Hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus injections of urocortin alter food intake and respiratory quotientP J Currie
Department of Psychology, Barnard College, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Brain Res 916:222-8. 2001..The recently identified CRH-related peptide, urocortin (UCN), also binds with high affinity to CRH receptor subtypes and decreases food intake in food-deprived and non-..
- Urocortin, a member of the corticotropin-releasing factor family, in normal and diseased heartT Nishikimi
Research Institute, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka 565, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H3031-9. 2000..the present study we investigated the form of expression, action, second messenger, and the cellular location of urocortin, a member of the corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) family, in the heart...
- Genomic organization and tissue-specific expression of rat urocortinJ H Park
Protein Engineering Laboratory, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yusong, P O Box 115, 305 600, Taejon, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 292:45-8. 2000The genomic organization of rat urocortin was determined using both cDNA and liver genomic DNA as templates for polymerase chain reactions...
- Urocortin in the ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus acts as an inhibitor of feeding behavior in ratsH Ohata
Department of Physiology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res 861:1-7. 2000b>Urocortin (UCN), a member of the corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) family, inhibits food intake when it is injected intracerebroventricularly in rats...
- Urocortin expression in rat brain: evidence against a pervasive relationship of urocortin-containing projections with targets bearing type 2 CRF receptorsJ C Bittencourt
Laboratory of Neuronal Structure and Function, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies and Foundation for Medical Research, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Comp Neurol 415:285-312. 1999..and axonal transport methods were used to clarify the central organization of cells and fibers that express urocortin (UCN), a recently discovered corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF)-related neuropeptide, which has been proposed ..
- Modulation of learning and anxiety by corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and stress: differential roles of CRF receptors 1 and 2J Radulovic
Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine, Department for Molecular Neuroendocrinology, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
J Neurosci 19:5016-25. 1999..The involvement of either receptor subtype was demonstrated by region-specific injections of astressin and antisauvagine-30...
- Labelling of CRF1 and CRF2 receptors using the novel radioligand, [3H]-urocortinJ Gottowik
Pharma Division, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Neuropharmacology 36:1439-46. 1997The binding of the novel radioligand, [3H]-rat urocortin to homogenates of rat cerebellum and homogenates of cells stably transfected with the human CRF1, rat CRF2alpha and rat CRF2beta receptors was examined...
- Urocortin, a mammalian neuropeptide related to fish urotensin I and to corticotropin-releasing factorJ Vaughan
Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, La Jolla, California, USA
Nature 378:287-92. 1995..The deduced protein encodes a peptide that we name urocortin, which is related to urotensin (63% sequence identity) and CRF (45% sequence identity)...
- The postnatal developmental expression pattern of urocortin in the rat olivocerebellar systemJerome D Swinny
Laboratory for Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, University of Groningen, 9713AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Comp Neurol 472:40-51. 2004b>Urocortin belongs to the family of corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF)-like peptides, which play an important role in sensorimotor coordination. CRF induces locomotor activity, and urocortin has an inhibitory effect...
- The molecular mechanisms underlying the regulation of the biological activity of corticotropin-releasing hormone receptors: implications for physiology and pathophysiologyEdward W Hillhouse
The Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, The University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9NL, UK
Endocr Rev 27:260-86. 2006..The type of activating agonist, receptor, and target cell appears to play a major role in determining the overall signaling and biological responses in health and disease...
- Enhanced expression of urocortin in lung tissues of rats with allergic asthmaYuqing Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:532-40. 2006..b>Urocortin (UCN) is synthesized and secreted by human mast cells and activated mast cells release more UCN...
- Chronic disruption of body weight but not of stress peptides or receptors in rats exposed to repeated restraint stressRuth B S Harris
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Dawson Hall, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30605, USA
Horm Behav 49:615-25. 2006..to measure mRNA expression of corticotrophin releasing factor (CRF) and CRF receptors in hypothalamic nuclei, of urocortin (UCN) in the Edinger Westphal nucleus and of UCN III in the rostral perifornical area and medial amygdaloidal ..
- Endogenous expression and in vitro study of CRF-related peptides and CRF receptors in the rat gastric antrumChristophe Porcher
Groupe d Etude du Stress et des Interactions Neuro Digestives GESIND, EA3744, CHRU Grenoble, BP 217, Grenoble 38043, France
Peptides 27:1464-75. 2006In vivo studies suggest that corticotrophin-releasing factor (CRF) and CRF-like peptides, urocortin 1 (UCN 1) and UCN 2, inhibit gastric emptying and stimulate colonic motility through CRF2 and CRF1 receptors, respectively...
- CRF and urocortin differentially modulate GluRdelta2 expression and distribution in parallel fiber-Purkinje cell synapsesNatalia V Gounko
Department of Cell Biology, Laboratory for Electron Microscopy, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Neurosci 30:513-22. 2005Corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and urocortin (UCN) are closely related multifunctional regulators, governing, among other processes, Purkinje cell development...
- Possible role of CRF peptides in burn-induced hypermetabolismWilliam T Chance
Burns Institute, Shriners Hospitals for Children, 3229 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Life Sci 78:694-703. 2006..Although these results suggest a role of CRF receptors in mediating burn-induced hypermetabolism, CRF itself may not be the principle ligand, as suggested by the significant elevation of hypothalamic urocortin 15 days after burn injury.
- Mechanisms of the protective effects of urocortin on coronary endothelial function during ischemia-reperfusion in rat isolated heartsAngel Luis García-Villalón
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma, Arzobispo Morcillo 2, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 145:490-4. 20051 Urocortin is a vasodilator peptide related to corticotrophin-releasing factor, which may protect endothelial function during coronary ischemia-reperfusion (I-R)...
- Distribution of corticotropin-releasing factor binding protein-immunoreactivity in the rat hypothalamus: association with corticotropin-releasing factor-, urocortin 1- and vimentin-immunoreactive fibresB A Henry
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, University of Bristol, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, Bristol, UK
J Neuroendocrinol 17:135-44. 2005..CRF-BP) is a 37-kDa protein with high affinity binding sites for both corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and urocortin 1. Previous studies have examined the distribution of CRF-BP mRNA and peptide within the central nervous system...
- Hypertrophic effects of urocortin homologous peptides are mediated via activation of the Akt pathwayAnastasios Chanalaris
Medical Molecular Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 328:442-8. 2005The UCN homologues SCP and SRP bind specifically to the CRFR2 receptor, whereas UCN binds to both CRFR1 and CRFR2...
- Role of corticotropin-releasing factor receptor type 2 beta in urocortin-induced vasodilation of rat aortasIzumi Miki
Department of Pharmacology, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 96:170-6. 2004b>Urocortin has a high affinity for the corticotropin-releasing factor receptor type 2beta (CRF-R2beta). This study was conducted to reveal the role of CRF-R2beta in blood vessels...
- Colocalization of urocortin and neuronal nitric oxide synthase in the hypothalamus and Edinger-Westphal nucleus of the ratMariarosa G Spina
Institute of Medical Neurobiology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg D 39120, Germany
J Comp Neurol 479:271-86. 2004Different lines of studies suggest that both the corticotropin-releasing hormone-related peptide Urocortin I (Ucn) and the neuromodulator nitric oxide (NO) are involved in the regulation of the complex mechanisms controlling feeding and ..
- Corticotropin-releasing factor and Urocortin I modulate excitatory glutamatergic synaptic transmissionJie Liu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1031, USA
J Neurosci 24:4020-9. 2004..by two endogenous CRF-related peptide ligands, corticotropin-releasing factor [CRF rat/human (r/h)] and Urocortin I (Ucn I), within the central nucleus of the amygdala (CeA) and the lateral septum mediolateral nucleus (LSMLN)...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor and urocortin differentially modulate rat Purkinje cell dendritic outgrowth and differentiation in vitroJ D Swinny
Laboratory for Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, Graduate School of Behavioural and Cognitive Neurosciences, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 19:1749-58. 2004..modulator of Purkinje cell dendritic development is corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and family member, urocortin, both of which are localized in climbing fibers...
- The use of H-2 mutants as models for the study of T cell activationI F McKenzie
Immunol Rev 35:179-230. 1977
- Urocortin modulates inflammatory response and neurotoxicity induced by microglial activationMei Jen Wang
Neuro Medical Scientific Center, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Tzu Chi College of Technology, Hualien, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Immunol 179:6204-14. 2007..b>Urocortin (UCN) is a member of the corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) family of neuropeptides that function to regulate ..
- Natural expression of immature Ucn antisense RNA in the rat brain. Evidence favoring bidirectional transcription of the Ucn gene locusPaola Haeger
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Catholic University of Chile, Alameda 340, Santiago, Chile
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 139:115-28. 2005Recently, it has been shown the endogenous expression of an antisense urocortin (Ucn) transcript in the rat brain and other tissues...
- Analysis of the mechanism of the vasodepressor effect of urocortin in anesthetized ratsAly M Abdelrahman
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, The University of British Columbia, 2176 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3, Canada
Pharmacology 73:175-9. 2005The aim was to examine if the depressor effect of urocortin involves activation of the nitric oxide (NO)/L-arginine pathway, production of prostanoids or opening of K(+)-channels. I. v. bolus urocortin (0...
- Injections of urocortin 1 into the basolateral amygdala induce anxiety-like behavior and c-Fos expression in brainstem serotonergic neuronsF Spiga
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, University of Bristol, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, Whitson Street, BS1 3NY Bristol, UK
Neuroscience 138:1265-76. 2006..that injections of the anxiety-related neuropeptide corticotropin-releasing factor or the related neuropeptide urocortin 1 into the region of the basolateral amygdaloid nucleus induce anxiety-like behavior in several behavioral ..
- Role of Ghrelin in the Induction of Anxiogenic BehaviorPAUL CURRIE; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Role of the CRF2 Receptor in Ingestive BehaviorEric Zorrilla; Fiscal Year: 2005..CRF and urocortin were the first and second mammalian members of the CRF peptide family to be identified...
- Programmed adiposity: genetic in utero and postnatal determinantsEric Zorrilla; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Galanin Control of Food Intake: Molecular, Neuroanatomical and Behavioral BasesEric P Zorrilla; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Urocortins Brain CRF2 Receptors and Energy BalanceEric P Zorrilla; Fiscal Year: 2010....