Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ube3a
Description: ubiquitin protein ligase E3A
Alias: ubiquitin-protein ligase E3A
- Silva Santos S, van Woerden G, Bruinsma C, Mientjes E, Jolfaei M, Distel B, et al. Ube3a reinstatement identifies distinct developmental windows in a murine Angelman syndrome model. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2069-76 pubmed publisher..AS) is a severe neurodevelopmental disorder that results from loss of function of the maternal ubiquitin protein ligase E3A (UBE3A) allele. Due to neuron-specific imprinting, the paternal UBE3A copy is silenced...
- Hatakeyama S, Jensen J, Weissman A. Subcellular localization and ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme (E2) interactions of mammalian HECT family ubiquitin protein ligases. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15085-92 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of two E2 binding sites within Nedd-4 suggests models for ubiquitination involving multiple E2 enzymes associated with E3s. ..
- Wu Baer F, Lagrazon K, Yuan W, Baer R. The BRCA1/BARD1 heterodimer assembles polyubiquitin chains through an unconventional linkage involving lysine residue K6 of ubiquitin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34743-6 pubmed..The ability of BRCA1/BARD1 to form K6-linked polyubiquitin chains suggests that it may impart unique cellular properties to its natural enzymatic substrates. ..
- Dhananjayan S, Ramamoorthy S, Khan O, Ismail A, Sun J, Slingerland J, et al. WW domain binding protein-2, an E6-associated protein interacting protein, acts as a coactivator of estrogen and progesterone receptors. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:2343-54 pubmed..Taken together, our data establish the role of WBP-2 and YAP as coactivators for ER and PR transactivation pathways. ..
- Lee Y, Giovinazzo D, Kang H, Lee Y, Jeong J, Doulias P, et al. Protein microarray characterization of the S-nitrosoproteome. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2014;13:63-72 pubmed publisher..We identify eight ubiquitin E3 ligases, RNF10, RNF11, RNF41, RNF141, RNF181, RNF208, WWP2, and UBE3A, whose activities are modulated by S-nitrosylation, providing a unique regulatory mechanism of the ubiquitin ..
- Gossan N, Zhang F, Guo B, Jin D, Yoshitane H, Yao A, et al. The E3 ubiquitin ligase UBE3A is an integral component of the molecular circadian clock through regulating the BMAL1 transcription factor. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:5765-75 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that activating UBE3A (by expressing viral oncogenes E6/E7) disrupts circadian oscillations in mouse embryonic fibroblasts, measured ..
- Meng L, Ward A, Chun S, Bennett C, Beaudet A, Rigo F. Towards a therapy for Angelman syndrome by targeting a long non-coding RNA. Nature. 2015;518:409-12 pubmed publisher..It is caused by maternal deficiency of the imprinted gene UBE3A, encoding an E3 ubiquitin ligase...