Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ubc
Description: ubiquitin C
- Thompson S, Pearson A, Ashley M, Jessick V, Murphy B, GAFKEN P, et al. Identification of a novel Bcl-2-interacting mediator of cell death (Bim) E3 ligase, tripartite motif-containing protein 2 (TRIM2), and its role in rapid ischemic tolerance-induced neuroprotection. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:19331-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support a role for TRIM2 in mediating the p42/p44 MAPK-dependent ubiquitination of Bim in rapid ischemic tolerance. ..
- Ogasawara J, Sanpei M, Rahman N, Sakurai T, Kizaki T, Hitomi Y, et al. Beta-adrenergic receptor trafficking by exercise in rat adipocytes: roles of G-protein-coupled receptor kinase-2, beta-arrestin-2, and the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. FASEB J. 2006;20:350-2 pubmed..However, the decreased protein expression of beta2-AR at 24 h might be due to some change occurring at the translational levels. ..
- Sun Y, Perera J, Rubin B, Huang J. SYT-SSX1 (synovial sarcoma translocated) regulates PIASy ligase activity to cause overexpression of NCOA3 protein. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18623-32 pubmed publisher..Such a mechanistic finding provides an opportunity to design specific therapeutic interventions to treat synovial sarcoma. ..
- Nalavadi V, Muddashetty R, Gross C, Bassell G. Dephosphorylation-induced ubiquitination and degradation of FMRP in dendrites: a role in immediate early mGluR-stimulated translation. J Neurosci. 2012;32:2582-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, control of FMRP levels at the synapse by dephosphorylation-induced and UPS-mediated degradation provides a mode to regulate protein synthesis. ..
- Uchiyama K, Totsukawa G, Puhka M, Kaneko Y, Jokitalo E, Dreveny I, et al. p37 is a p97 adaptor required for Golgi and ER biogenesis in interphase and at the end of mitosis. Dev Cell. 2006;11:803-16 pubmed..Interestingly, although VCIP135 is also required, its deubiquitinating activity is unnecessary for p97/p37-mediated activities. ..
- Marinovic A, Zheng B, Mitch W, Price S. Ubiquitin (UbC) expression in muscle cells is increased by glucocorticoids through a mechanism involving Sp1 and MEK1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16673-81 pubmed..The mechanisms that increase ubiquitin (UbC) expression have not been identified...
- Zhang H, Rajasekaran N, Orosz A, Xiao X, Rechsteiner M, Benjamin I. Selective degradation of aggregate-prone CryAB mutants by HSPB1 is mediated by ubiquitin-proteasome pathways. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;49:918-30 pubmed publisher..We conclude that such selective interactions between CryAB mutants and HSPB1 overexpression might have important implications for the clinical manifestations and potential treatment. ..
- Bhattacharyya S. Ubiquitination of Lyn-kinase in rat basophilic leukemia RBL-2H3 cells. Immunol Lett. 2001;75:131-6 pubmed..Overexpression of Lyn and ubiquitin in COS 7.2 cells also resulted in the ubiquitination of Lyn in the presence of lactacystin, supporting the ubiquitination of Lyn by a proteasome specific pathway. ..
- Yuen E, Wei J, Liu W, Zhong P, Li X, Yan Z. Repeated stress causes cognitive impairment by suppressing glutamate receptor expression and function in prefrontal cortex. Neuron. 2012;73:962-77 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that repeated stress dampens PFC glutamatergic transmission by facilitating glutamate receptor turnover, which causes the detrimental effect on PFC-dependent cognitive processes. ..
- Alzayady K, Panning M, Kelley G, Wojcikiewicz R. Involvement of the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex in the regulated endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34530-7 pubmed..These data also establish that the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex mediates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation in mammalian cells. ..
- Chen H, Polo S, Di Fiore P, De Camilli P. Rapid Ca2+-dependent decrease of protein ubiquitination at synapses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:14908-13 pubmed..In nerve terminals, protein ubiquitination may play a role both in the regulation of synaptic function, including vesicle traffic, and in the coordination of protein turnover with synaptic use. ..
- Lonskaya I, Desforges N, Hebron M, Moussa C. Ubiquitination increases parkin activity to promote autophagic ?-synuclein clearance. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83914 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that parkin ubiquitination affects its protein stability and E3 ligase activity, possibly leading to ?-Synuclein sequestration and subsequent clearance. ..
- Choy M, Movassagh M, Bennett M, Foo R. PKB/Akt activation inhibits p53-mediated HIF1A degradation that is independent of MDM2. J Cell Physiol. 2010;222:635-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, we propose that p53-induced HIF1A degradation is not exclusively MDM2-mediated, but reversible by PKB/Akt phosphorylation. ..
- Beeken M, Lindenmeyer M, Blattner S, Radón V, Oh J, Meyer T, et al. Alterations in the ubiquitin proteasome system in persistent but not reversible proteinuric diseases. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25:2511-25 pubmed publisher..This study identifies altered proteolysis as a feature of persistent podocyte injury. In the future, specific UPS proteins may serve as new biomarkers or therapeutic targets in persistent nephrotic syndrome. ..
- Sato Y, Yoshikawa A, Mimura H, Yamashita M, Yamagata A, Fukai S. Structural basis for specific recognition of Lys 63-linked polyubiquitin chains by tandem UIMs of RAP80. EMBO J. 2009;28:2461-8 pubmed publisher..Further, we show that the Epsin1 tandem UIM, which has an inter-UIM region similar to that of RAP80-UIM1-UIM2, also selectively binds Lys 63-linked di-ubiquitin. ..
- Nair V, McNaught K, Gonzalez Maeso J, Sealfon S, Olanow C. p53 mediates nontranscriptional cell death in dopaminergic cells in response to proteasome inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:39550-60 pubmed..These results suggest that abnormalities in p53 signaling play a role in dopaminergic cell death induced by proteasome inhibition and may be relevant to neurodegeneration in PD. ..
- Oberdorf J, Webster J, Zhu C, Luo S, Wojcikiewicz R. Down-regulation of types I, II and III inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors is mediated by the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway. Biochem J. 1999;339 ( Pt 2):453-61 pubmed..In total these data indicate that the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway mediates Ins(1,4, 5)P3-receptor down-regulation and suggest that ubiquitination is stimulated by the binding of Ins(1,4,5)P3 to its receptor. ..
- Ozgen N, Lau D, Shlapakova I, Sherman W, Feinmark S, Danilo P, et al. Determinants of CREB degradation and KChIP2 gene transcription in cardiac memory. Heart Rhythm. 2010;7:964-70 pubmed publisher..This sequence of events would explain the pacing-induced reduction in KChIP2, and contribute to altered repolarization and the T-wave changes of cardiac memory...
- Ciarrocchi A, D Angelo R, Cordiglieri C, Rispoli A, Santi S, Riccio M, et al. Tollip is a mediator of protein sumoylation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4404 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Tollip is involved in the control of both nuclear and cytoplasmic protein traffic, through two different and often contrasting processes: ubiquitylation and sumoylation. ..
- Lee Y, Wan J, Kim B, Bae M, Song B. Ubiquitin-dependent degradation of p53 protein despite phosphorylation at its N terminus by acetaminophen. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;317:202-8 pubmed..Taken together, our results show that APAP or its reactive metabolite(s) can directly reduce the p53 content through mdm2-mediated ubiquitin conjugation, despite phosphorylation of p53 at its N terminus. ..
- Ali S, Nouhi Z, Chughtai N, Ali S. SHP-2 regulates SOCS-1-mediated Janus kinase-2 ubiquitination/degradation downstream of the prolactin receptor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52021-31 pubmed..Together our results provide a novel function for SHP-2 as a positive regulator of cytokine receptor signaling by regulating ubiquitination/degradation pathways. ..
- Zemoura K, Schenkel M, Acuña M, Yevenes G, Zeilhofer H, Benke D. Endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation controls cell surface expression of ?-aminobutyric acid, type B receptors. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:34897-905 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of ERAD activity by changes in physiological conditions may represent a mechanism to adjust receptor numbers and thereby signaling strength. ..
- Geetha T, Jiang J, Wooten M. Lysine 63 polyubiquitination of the nerve growth factor receptor TrkA directs internalization and signaling. Mol Cell. 2005;20:301-12 pubmed..These findings reveal that polyubiquitination serves as a common platform for the control of receptor internalization and signaling. ..
- Ye Y, Meyer H, Rapoport T. Function of the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex in retrotranslocation from the ER to the cytosol: dual recognition of nonubiquitinated polypeptide segments and polyubiquitin chains. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:71-84 pubmed
- Fernandes R, Carvalho A, Kumagai A, Seica R, Hosoya K, Terasaki T, et al. Downregulation of retinal GLUT1 in diabetes by ubiquitinylation. Mol Vis. 2004;10:618-28 pubmed..Results further suggest that decreased abundance of GLUT1 may be associated with its increased degradation by a ubiquitin dependent mechanism. Ubiquitinylation of GLUT1 may be the mechanism targeting GLUT1 for degradation in diabetes. ..
- Zhang Y, Hu R, Wu H, Jiang W, Sun Y, Wang Y, et al. OTUB1 overexpression in mesangial cells is a novel regulator in the pathogenesis of glomerulonephritis through the decrease of DCN level. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29654 pubmed publisher..These data showed the inflammatory injury could up-regulate OTUB1 expression in MC, which might attribute the promoting effect of OTUB1 on glomerulonephritides to the decrease of DCN level. ..
- Mezghenna K, Leroy J, Azay Milhau J, Tousch D, Castex F, Gervais S, et al. Counteracting neuronal nitric oxide synthase proteasomal degradation improves glucose transport in insulin-resistant skeletal muscle from Zucker fa/fa rats. Diabetologia. 2014;57:177-86 pubmed publisher..Recovery of nNOS in insulin-resistant muscles should be considered a potential new approach to address insulin resistance. ..
- Singhal R, Badger T, Ronis M. Rats fed soy protein isolate (SPI) have impaired hepatic CYP1A1 induction by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons as a result of interference with aryl hydrocarbon receptor signaling. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2008;227:275-83 pubmed..These data suggest that feeding SPI-containing diets antagonizes AhR signaling by a novel mechanism which differs from those established for known AhR antagonists. ..
- Mössinger J, Wieffer M, Krause E, Freund C, Gerth F, Krauss M, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase II? function at endosomes is regulated by the ubiquitin ligase Itch. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:1087-94 pubmed publisher..These findings unravel a new molecular link between phosphoinositide-regulated endosomal membrane traffic, ubiquitin and the modulation of Wnt signalling. ..
- Gopinathan L, Hannon D, Peters J, Vanden Heuvel J. Regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha by MDM2. Toxicol Sci. 2009;108:48-58 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a role for MDM2 in regulating PPARalpha-mediated pathways of lipid metabolism. ..
- Hayashi T, Noga M, Matsuda M. Nucleotide sequence and expression of the rat polyubiquitin mRNA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1218:232-4 pubmed..These clones were rat homologues for human UbB and UbC gene families, respectively. 1.2 kb UbB transcript, as well as 2.8 kb and 3...
- Bian Y, Sun M, Silver M, Ho K, Marchionni M, Caggiano A, et al. Neuregulin-1 attenuated doxorubicin-induced decrease in cardiac troponins. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;297:H1974-83 pubmed publisher..NRG1 maintains cardiac troponins by the erbB2-PI3K pathway, which may lessen Dox-induced cardiac dysfunction. ..
- Fu D, Ma Y, Wu W, Zhu X, Jia C, Zhao Q, et al. Cell-cycle-dependent PC-PLC regulation by APC/C(Cdc20)-mediated ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2009;107:686-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that PC-PLC regulation in cell cycles is controlled by APC/C(Cdc20)-mediated UPP. ..
- Yeh E, Cunningham M, Arnold H, Chasse D, Monteith T, Ivaldi G, et al. A signalling pathway controlling c-Myc degradation that impacts oncogenic transformation of human cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:308-18 pubmed..Thus, Ras-dependent signalling cascades ensure transient and self-limiting accumulation of c-Myc, disruption of which contributes to human cell oncogenesis. ..
- Skarpen E, Oksvold M, Grøsvik H, Widnes C, Huitfeldt H. Altered regulation of EGF receptor signaling following a partial hepatectomy. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:707-16 pubmed..This may be a pre-replicative competence event that increases growth factor effects during G1 progression. ..
- Shan Y, Liu T, Su H, Samsamshariat A, Mestril R, Wang P. Hsp10 and Hsp60 modulate Bcl-2 family and mitochondria apoptosis signaling induced by doxorubicin in cardiac muscle cells. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2003;35:1135-43 pubmed..Antisense Hsp60 reduced the abundance of endogenous Hsp60 in cardiomyocytes and amplified the cytotoxicity of doxorubicin. These data provide a novel link between Hsp10/Hsp60 and cardiac protection in doxorubicin cardiomyopathy. ..
- Bertrand J, Tennoune N, Marion Letellier R, Goichon A, Chan P, Mbodji K, et al. Evaluation of ubiquitinated proteins by proteomics reveals the role of the ubiquitin proteasome system in the regulation of Grp75 and Grp78 chaperone proteins during intestinal inflammation. Proteomics. 2013;13:3284-92 pubmed publisher..Further studies should lead to the identification of ubiquitin ligases responsible for Grp75 and Grp78 ubiquitination. ..
- Zangar R, Kocarek T, Shen S, Bollinger N, Dahn M, Lee D. Suppression of cytochrome P450 3A protein levels by proteasome inhibitors. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;305:872-9 pubmed
- Altier C, Garcia Caballero A, Simms B, You H, Chen L, Walcher J, et al. The Cav? subunit prevents RFP2-mediated ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of L-type channels. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:173-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cav?? regulates the ubiquitination and stability of the calcium channel complex. ..
- Alzamora R, Gong F, Rondanino C, Lee J, Smolak C, Pastor Soler N, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase inhibits KCNQ1 channels through regulation of the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2 in renal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F1308-19 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AMPK inhibits KCNQ1 activity by promoting Nedd4-2-dependent channel ubiquitination and retrieval from the plasma membrane...
- Shukla A, Kim J, Ahn S, Xiao K, Shenoy S, Liedtke W, et al. Arresting a transient receptor potential (TRP) channel: beta-arrestin 1 mediates ubiquitination and functional down-regulation of TRPV4. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30115-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data provide the first evidence of a functional link between ?-arrestins and TRPV4 and uncovers an entirely novel mechanism to maintain appropriate intracellular Ca(2+) concentration to avoid excessive Ca(2+) signaling. ..
- Baptista M, Melo C, Armelão M, Herrmann D, Pimentel D, Leal G, et al. Role of the proteasome in excitotoxicity-induced cleavage of glutamic acid decarboxylase in cultured hippocampal neurons. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10139 pubmed publisher..This is the first time that the UPS has been implicated in the events triggered during excitotoxicity and the first molecular target of the UPS affected in this cell death process. ..
- Chutabhakdikul N, Surakul P. Prenatal stress increased Snk Polo-like kinase 2, SCF ?-TrCP ubiquitin ligase and ubiquitination of SPAR in the hippocampus of the offspring at adulthood. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2013;31:560-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, an involvement of the UPS system in the prenatal stress model has led to a greater understanding of the effects of prenatal stress later on in life. ..
- Lotocki G, Alonso O, Frydel B, Dietrich W, Keane R. Monoubiquitination and cellular distribution of XIAP in neurons after traumatic brain injury. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2003;23:1129-36 pubmed
- Liu C, Gilmont R, Benndorf R, Welsh M. Identification and characterization of a novel protein from Sertoli cells, PASS1, that associates with mammalian small stress protein hsp27. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:18724-31 pubmed..Ectopic expression of PASS1 in two cultured cell lines was observed to inhibit the ability of hsp27 to protect cells against heat shock, indicating that PASS1 does interact with hsp27 in the live cell. ..
- Lu Z, Liu D, Hornia A, Devonish W, Pagano M, Foster D. Activation of protein kinase C triggers its ubiquitination and degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:839-45 pubmed..Moreover, a kinase-dead ATP-binding mutant of PKC alpha could not be depleted by TPA treatment. These data are consistent with a suicide model whereby activation of PKC triggers its own degradation via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Clarke K, ADAMS A, Manzke L, Pearson T, Borchers C, Porter R. A role for ubiquitinylation and the cytosolic proteasome in turnover of mitochondrial uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1817:1759-67 pubmed publisher..We conclude that there is a role for ubiquitinylation and the cytosolic proteasome in turnover of mitochondrial UCP1. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: 17th European Bioenergetics Conference (EBEC 2012). ..
- Cestra G, Toomre D, Chang S, De Camilli P. The Abl/Arg substrate ArgBP2/nArgBP2 coordinates the function of multiple regulatory mechanisms converging on the actin cytoskeleton. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1731-6 pubmed..Thus, ArgBP2/nArgBP2 is a scaffold protein that control the balance between adhesion and motility by coordinating the function of multiple signaling pathways converging on the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Lin D, Sterling H, Wang Z, Babilonia E, Yang B, Dong K, et al. ROMK1 channel activity is regulated by monoubiquitination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:4306-11 pubmed..This finding implicates the linking of a single ubiquitin molecule to channels as an important posttranslational regulatory signal. ..
- Lornejad Schäfer M, Schafer C, Richter L, Grune T, Haussinger D, Schliess F. Osmotic regulation of MG-132-induced MAP-kinase phosphatase MKP-1 expression in H4IIE rat hepatoma cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2005;16:193-206 pubmed..The findings suggest that among other factors cell hydration critically determines the cellular response to proteasome inhibitors. ..
- Garat C, Fankell D, Erickson P, Reusch J, Bauer N, McMurtry I, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor BB induces nuclear export and proteasomal degradation of CREB via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4934-48 pubmed..These results indicate that in addition to direct phosphorylation, proteolysis and intracellular localization are key mechanisms regulating CREB content and activity in SMCs. ..
- Cottrell G, Padilla B, Pikios S, Roosterman D, Steinhoff M, Gehringer D, et al. Ubiquitin-dependent down-regulation of the neurokinin-1 receptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27773-83 pubmed..Thus, chronic stimulation with SP induces ubiquitination of the NK(1)R, which mediates its degradation and down-regulation. ..
- Carvalho A, Pinto M, Grou C, Alencastre I, Fransen M, Sa Miranda C, et al. Ubiquitination of mammalian Pex5p, the peroxisomal import receptor. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31267-72 pubmed..Together with mechanistic data recently described for yeast Pex5p, these findings provide strong evidence for the existence of Pex4p- and Pex22p-like proteins in mammals. ..
- Kwak Y, Wang B, Pan W, Xu H, Jiang X, Liao F. Functional interaction of phosphatase and tensin homologue (PTEN) with the E3 ligase NEDD4-1 during neuronal response to zinc. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9847-57 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that NEDD4-1-mediated PTEN ubiquitination is crucial in the regulation of PI3K/Akt signaling by PTEN during the neuronal response to zinc, which may represent a common mechanism in neurodegeneration. ..
- Salinas G, Blair L, Needleman L, Gonzales J, Chen Y, Li M, et al. Actinfilin is a Cul3 substrate adaptor, linking GluR6 kainate receptor subunits to the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:40164-73 pubmed..Together our data demonstrate that actinfilin acts as a scaffold, linking GluR6 to the Cul3 ubiquitin ligase to provide a novel mechanism for kainate receptor degradation. ..
- Fukuda H, Nakamura N, Hirose S. MARCH-III Is a novel component of endosomes with properties similar to those of MARCH-II. J Biochem. 2006;139:137-45 pubmed..The location, associated molecules, and effects of overexpression suggest that MARCH-III is involved in the regulation of vesicular trafficking in endosomes. ..
- Kondo S, Hino S, Saito A, Kanemoto S, Kawasaki N, Asada R, et al. Activation of OASIS family, ER stress transducers, is dependent on its stabilization. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1939-49 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ER stress stabilizes OASIS family members and this is a novel molecular mechanism for the activation of ER stress transducers. ..
- Wooten M, Geetha T, Babu J, Seibenhener M, Peng J, Cox N, et al. Essential role of sequestosome 1/p62 in regulating accumulation of Lys63-ubiquitinated proteins. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:6783-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, p62 has a bifunctional role in regulation of an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase, TRAF6, and a DUB, CYLD, to balance the turnover of Lys63-polyubiquitinated proteins such as TrkA. ..
- Costes S, Vandewalle B, Tourrel Cuzin C, Broca C, Linck N, Bertrand G, et al. Degradation of cAMP-responsive element-binding protein by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway contributes to glucotoxicity in beta-cells and human pancreatic islets. Diabetes. 2009;58:1105-15 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that the CREB degradation by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway contributes to beta-cell dysfunction and death upon glucotoxicity and provide new insight into the cellular mechanisms of glucotoxicity. ..
- Pearce M, Wang Y, Kelley G, Wojcikiewicz R. SPFH2 mediates the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors and other substrates in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20104-15 pubmed..Overall, these studies identify SPFH2 as a key ERAD pathway component and suggest that it may act as a substrate recognition factor. ..
- Jung H, Kim Y, Eggert S, Chung K, Choi K, Park S. Age-dependent increases in tau phosphorylation in the brains of type 2 diabetic rats correlate with a reduced expression of p62. Exp Neurol. 2013;248:441-50 pubmed publisher..These results provide novel insight into the mechanisms supporting the age-related increase in AD-T2DM comorbidity. ..
- Zangar R, Kimzey A, Okita J, Wunschel D, Edwards R, Kim H, et al. Cytochrome P450 3A conjugation to ubiquitin in a process distinct from classical ubiquitination pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;61:892-904 pubmed..This conjugation reaction, however, seems to be distinct from the classical ubiquitination pathway but may be related to the substrate-dependent stabilization of CYP3A observed in vivo. ..
- Adam P, Weissberg P, Cary N, Shanahan C. Polyubiquitin is a new phenotypic marker of contractile vascular smooth muscle cells. Cardiovasc Res. 1997;33:416-21 pubmed..DNA sequencing identified 2E10 as a rat polyubiquitin which is homologous to the human polyubiquitin, UbC. Northern blot analysis showed that this polyubiquitin was more highly expressed in differentiated, freshly ..
- Han S, Xiao K, Kim J, Wu J, Wisler J, Nakamura N, et al. MARCH2 promotes endocytosis and lysosomal sorting of carvedilol-bound ?(2)-adrenergic receptors. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:817-30 pubmed publisher..In response to ? blocker therapy with carvedilol, MARCH2 E3 ligase activity regulates cell surface ?(2)AR expression and, consequently, its signaling...
- Woo C, Le N, Shishido T, Chang E, Lee H, Heo K, et al. Novel role of C terminus of Hsc70-interacting protein (CHIP) ubiquitin ligase on inhibiting cardiac apoptosis and dysfunction via regulating ERK5-mediated degradation of inducible cAMP early repressor. FASEB J. 2010;24:4917-28 pubmed publisher..We identified ICER as a novel CHIP substrate and that the ERK5-CHIP complex plays an obligatory role in inhibition of ICER expression, cardiomyocyte apoptosis, and cardiac dysfunction. ..
- Colledge M, Snyder E, Crozier R, Soderling J, Jin Y, Langeberg L, et al. Ubiquitination regulates PSD-95 degradation and AMPA receptor surface expression. Neuron. 2003;40:595-607 pubmed..These data suggest that ubiquitination of PSD-95 through an Mdm2-mediated pathway is critical in regulating AMPA receptor surface expression during synaptic plasticity. ..
- Zhang W, Tian Q, Li Q, Wang J, Wang C, Liu T, et al. Lysine 92 amino acid residue of USP46, a gene associated with 'behavioral despair' in mice, influences the deubiquitinating enzyme activity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26297 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Lys 92 deletion of USP46 could influence enzyme activity and thereby provide a molecular clue how the enzyme regulating the pathogenesis of mental illnesses. ..
- Ralat L, Kalas V, Zheng Z, Goldman R, Sosnick T, Tang W. Ubiquitin is a novel substrate for human insulin-degrading enzyme. J Mol Biol. 2011;406:454-66 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies link the control of Ub clearance with IDE. ..
- Lui W, Lee W. cAMP perturbs inter-Sertoli tight junction permeability barrier in vitro via its effect on proteasome-sensitive ubiquitination of occludin. J Cell Physiol. 2005;203:564-72 pubmed