Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tuba1a
Description: tubulin, alpha 1A
Alias: Tuba1, tubulin alpha-1A chain, alpha-tubulin 1, tubulin alpha-1 chain, tubulin, alpha 1
- Knipling L, Wolff J. Direct interaction of Bcl-2 proteins with tubulin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:433-9 pubmed..While in no way ruling out other pathways, such direct associations are the simplest potential regulatory mechanism for apoptosis resulting from disturbances in microtubule or tubulin function. ..
- Vallejo C, Seguido A, Testillano P, Risueño M. Thyroid hormone regulates tubulin expression in mammalian liver. Effects of deleting thyroid hormone receptor-alpha or -beta. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2005;289:E87-94 pubmed..In conclusion, our results indicate that beta-tubulin is critically controlled by TRbeta in the liver and that both TRs are probably needed to maintain the microtubular network organization of the liver. ..
- Tao H, Yang J, Shi K, Li J. Epigenetic factors MeCP2 and HDAC6 control Î±-tubulin acetylation in cardiac fibroblast proliferation and fibrosis. Inflamm Res. 2016;65:415-26 pubmed publisher..This study indicated that MeCP2 could be a potentially new therapeutic option for cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Ginzburg I, Teichman A, Griffin W, Littauer U. Differential expression of alpha-tubulin mRNA in rat cerebellum as revealed by in situ hybridization. FEBS Lett. 1986;194:161-4 pubmed..Very low levels of the mRNA are observed in the prenatally differentiated Purkinje cells. ..
- Filipek A, Schneider G, Mietelska A, Figiel I, Niewiadomska G. Age-dependent changes in neuronal distribution of CacyBP/SIP: comparison to tubulin and the tau protein. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2008;115:1257-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results show that localization of CacyBP/SIP in brain neurons is similar to that observed for tau and tubulin, which points to the involvement of CacyBP/SIP in cytoskeletal physiology. ..
- Saugstad J, Yang S, Pohl J, Hall R, Conn P. Interaction between metabotropic glutamate receptor 7 and alpha tubulin. J Neurochem. 2002;80:980-8 pubmed
- Lemischka I, Sharp P. The sequences of an expressed rat alpha-tubulin gene and a pseudogene with an inserted repetitive element. Nature. 1982;300:330-5 pubmed..Features of the pseudogene and a dispersed repetitive element inserted within it possibly reflect a common RNA-mediated process of insertion. ..
- Furuse T, Yamada I, Kushida T, Masuya H, Miura I, Kaneda H, et al. Behavioral and neuromorphological characterization of a novel Tuba1 mutant mouse. Behav Brain Res. 2012;227:167-74 pubmed publisher..We identified a missense mutation in the Tuba1 gene, which encodes the TUBA1 protein, and designated the mutant gene Tuba1(Rgsc1736)...
- Nakakura T, Nemoto T, Suzuki T, Asano Hoshino A, Tanaka H, Arisawa K, et al. Adrenalectomy facilitates ATAT1 expression and ?-tubulin acetylation in ACTH-producing corticotrophs. Cell Tissue Res. 2016;366:363-370 pubmed publisher..These results agree with the hypothesis that the acetylation of ?-tubulin by ATAT1 regulates the intracellular transport of secretory granules in corticotrophs. ..
- Ledesma M, Da Silva J, Schevchenko A, Wilm M, Dotti C. Proteomic characterisation of neuronal sphingolipid-cholesterol microdomains: role in plasminogen activation. Brain Res. 2003;987:107-16 pubmed..These observations suggest that neuronal rafts may play, in addition to intracellular signaling, a role in extracellular/membrane protein proteolysis. ..
- Ginzburg I, Behar L, Givol D, Littauer U. The nucleotide sequence of rat alpha-tubulin: 3'-end characteristics, and evolutionary conservation. Nucleic Acids Res. 1981;9:2691-7 pubmed..A close homology in the coding sequence is observed when a-tubulin from rat and chick are compared, while the 3-non-translated region had diverged considerably. ..
- Monshausen M, Putz U, Rehbein M, Schweizer M, DesGroseillers L, Kuhl D, et al. Two rat brain staufen isoforms differentially bind RNA. J Neurochem. 2001;76:155-65 pubmed..Thus in neurones, rat Staufen may serve to link RNAs to the dendritic microtubular cytoskeleton and may thereby regulate their subcellular localization. ..
- Belmadani S, Poüs C, Ventura Clapier R, Fischmeister R, Méry P. Post-translational modifications of cardiac tubulin during chronic heart failure in the rat. Mol Cell Biochem. 2002;237:39-46 pubmed..This remodeling suggests an increase in the stability of the microtubule network which is discussed in terms of possible functional consequences. ..
- Hao G, Derakhshan B, Shi L, Campagne F, Gross S. SNOSID, a proteomic method for identification of cysteine S-nitrosylation sites in complex protein mixtures. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1012-7 pubmed..SNOSID provides the first effective tool for unbiased elucidation of the SNO proteome, identifying Cys residues that undergo reversible S-nitrosylation. ..
- Lemischka I, Farmer S, Racaniello V, Sharp P. Nucleotide sequence and evolution of a mammalian alpha-tubulin messenger RNA. J Mol Biol. 1981;151:101-20 pubmed
- Mann S, Hammarback J. Molecular characterization of light chain 3. A microtubule binding subunit of MAP1A and MAP1B. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:11492-7 pubmed..We propose that LC3 functions primarily as a MAP1A and MAP1B subunit and that its expression could regulate the microtubule binding activity of MAP1A and MAP1B. ..
- Pandey K, Sharma S. Activity-dependent acetylation of alpha tubulin in the hippocampus. J Mol Neurosci. 2011;45:1-4 pubmed publisher..These results show that acetylation of ?-tubulin is modulated in an activity-dependent manner. ..
- Sun Y, Dierssen M, Toran N, Pollak D, Chen W, Lubec G. A gel-based proteomic method reveals several protein pathway abnormalities in fetal Down syndrome brain. J Proteomics. 2011;74:547-57 pubmed publisher..Aberrant expression of proteins tropomodulin-2, tubulin alpha 1A chain, and alpha-internexin may indicate disturbed synaptic plasticity; fatty acid binding protein 7 suggests ..
- Sheldon K, Maldonado E, Lemasters J, Rostovtseva T, Bezrukov S. Phosphorylation of voltage-dependent anion channel by serine/threonine kinases governs its interaction with tubulin. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25539 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a novel functional link between serine/threonine kinase signaling pathways, mitochondrial respiration, and the highly dynamic microtubule network which is characteristic of cancerogenesis and cell proliferation...
- Zhao Z, Xu H, Gong W. Histone deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) is an independent deacetylase for alpha-tubulin. Protein Pept Lett. 2010;17:555-8 pubmed..The results clearly demonstrated that interaction between HDAC6 and tubulin is independent of other proteins. In addition, HDAC6 can independently catalyze deacetylation of both tubulin dimer and microtubule polymer. ..
- Lanciotti A, Brignone M, Camerini S, Serafini B, Macchia G, Raggi C, et al. MLC1 trafficking and membrane expression in astrocytes: role of caveolin-1 and phosphorylation. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;37:581-95 pubmed publisher..Because pathological mutations prevent MLC1 membrane expression, the identification of substances regulating MLC1 intracellular trafficking is potentially relevant for the therapy of MLC. ..
- Damodaran T, Mecklai A, Abou Donia M. Sarin causes altered time course of mRNA expression of alpha tubulin in the central nervous system of rats. Neurochem Res. 2002;27:177-81 pubmed
- Ivings L, Pennington S, Jenkins R, Weiss J, Burgoyne R. Identification of Ca2+-dependent binding partners for the neuronal calcium sensor protein neurocalcin delta: interaction with actin, clathrin and tubulin. Biochem J. 2002;363:599-608 pubmed..These data suggest the possibility that neurocalcin delta functions in the control of clathrin-coated vesicle traffic. ..
- Morris Rosendahl D, Najm J, Lachmeijer A, Sztriha L, Martins M, Kuechler A, et al. Refining the phenotype of alpha-1a Tubulin (TUBA1A) mutation in patients with classical lissencephaly. Clin Genet. 2008;74:425-33 pubmed publisherMutations in the alpha-1a Tubulin (TUBA1A) gene have recently been found to cause cortical malformations resemblant of classical lissencephaly but with a specific combination of features...
- Li L, Wei D, Wang Q, Pan J, Liu R, Zhang X, et al. MEC-17 deficiency leads to reduced ?-tubulin acetylation and impaired migration of cortical neurons. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12673-83 pubmed publisher..This finding reveals the importance of MEC-17 and ?-tubulin acetylation in cortical development. ..
- Hehnly H, Doxsey S. Rab11 endosomes contribute to mitotic spindle organization and orientation. Dev Cell. 2014;28:497-507 pubmed publisher..We propose that Rab11 and its associated endosomes cocontribute to these processes through retrograde transport to poles by dynein...
- Britto P, Knipling L, Wolff J. The local electrostatic environment determines cysteine reactivity of tubulin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29018-27 pubmed..We conclude that the local electrostatic environment of cysteine is an important, although not necessarily the only, determinant of its reactivity. ..
- Watts N, Cheng N, West W, Steven A, Sackett D. The cryptophycin-tubulin ring structure indicates two points of curvature in the tubulin dimer. Biochemistry. 2002;41:12662-9 pubmed..We conclude that drug binding to one subunit (beta) results in two bends per dimer, affecting both subunits. ..
- Poirier K, Keays D, Francis F, Saillour Y, Bahi N, Manouvrier S, et al. Large spectrum of lissencephaly and pachygyria phenotypes resulting from de novo missense mutations in tubulin alpha 1A (TUBA1A). Hum Mutat. 2007;28:1055-64 pubmedWe have recently reported a missense mutation in exon 4 of the tubulin alpha 1A (Tuba1a) gene in a hyperactive N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea (ENU) induced mouse mutant with abnormal lamination of the hippocampus...
- Fukata Y, Itoh T, Kimura T, Menager C, Nishimura T, Shiromizu T, et al. CRMP-2 binds to tubulin heterodimers to promote microtubule assembly. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:583-91 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that CRMP-2 regulates axonal growth and branching as a partner of the tubulin heterodimer, in a different fashion from traditional MAPs. ..
- Mazzucchelli S, De Palma A, Riva M, D Urzo A, Pozzi C, Pastori V, et al. Proteomic and biochemical analyses unveil tight interaction of ataxin-3 with tubulin. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:2485-92 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest an involvement of ataxin-3 in directing aggregated protein to aggresomes, and shed light on the mode of interaction among the different molecular partners participating in the process. ..
- Bahi Buisson N, Poirier K, Boddaert N, Saillour Y, Castelnau L, Philip N, et al. Refinement of cortical dysgeneses spectrum associated with TUBA1A mutations. J Med Genet. 2008;45:647-53 pubmed publisherWe have recently shown that de novo mutations in the TUBA1A gene are responsible for a wide spectrum of neuronal migration disorders...
- Hussain N, Yamabhai M, Bhakar A, Metzler M, Ferguson S, Hayden M, et al. A role for epsin N-terminal homology/AP180 N-terminal homology (ENTH/ANTH) domains in tubulin binding. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28823-30 pubmed..These data demonstrate an evolutionarily conserved property of ENTH domains to interact with tubulin and microtubules. ..
- Best A, Ahmed S, Kozma R, Lim L. The Ras-related GTPase Rac1 binds tubulin. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3756-62 pubmed..These results suggest that the Rac1-tubulin interaction may play a role in Rac1 function. ..