Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trpv4
Description: transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily V, member 4
Alias: Otrpc4, Vroac, transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily V member 4, VR-OAC, osm-9-like TRP channel 4, osmosensitive transient receptor potential channel 4, transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily 5, member 4, vanilloid receptor-related osmotically activated channel (Vroac), vanilloid receptor-related osmotically-activated channel
- A 3.5-nm structure of rat TRPV4 cation channel revealed by Zernike phase-contrast cryoelectron microscopyHideki Shigematsu
Division of Nano Structure Physiology, Okazaki Institute for Integrative Bioscience, Higashiyama, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8787 Japan
J Biol Chem 285:11210-8. 2010The transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) is a non-selective cation channel responsive to various stimuli including cell swelling, warm temperatures (27-35 degrees C), and chemical compounds such as phorbol ester derivatives...
- Salt intake augments hypotensive effects of transient receptor potential vanilloid 4: functional significance and implicationFeng Gao
Department of Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 53:228-35. 2009To test the hypothesis that activation of the transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) channel conveys a hypotensive effect that is enhanced during salt load, male Wistar rats fed a normal-sodium (0...
- Cholangiocyte cilia express TRPV4 and detect changes in luminal tonicity inducing bicarbonate secretionSergio A Gradilone
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19138-43. 2007..b>TRPV4, a Ca(2+)-permeable ion channel, has been implicated in signal transduction of osmotic stimuli...
- Expression and functional characterization of transient receptor potential vanilloid-related channel 4 (TRPV4) in rat cortical astrocytesV Benfenati
Department of Human and General Physiology, University of Bologna, Via S Donato 19 2, 40127 Bologna, Italy
Neuroscience 148:876-92. 2007..b>TRPV4 was functional because the selective TRPV4 agonist 4-alpha-phorbol 12,13-didecanoate (4alphaPDD) activated an ..
- Evidence for a functional role of endothelial transient receptor potential V4 in shear stress-induced vasodilatationRalf Köhler
Department of Internal Medicine Nephrology, Philipps University, Baldingerstrasse, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1495-502. 2006..Here, we investigated the role of the putatively mechanosensitive TRPV4 channel in the mechanisms of endothelium-dependent vasodilatation.
- A transient receptor potential vanilloid 4-dependent mechanism of hyperalgesia is engaged by concerted action of inflammatory mediatorsNicole Alessandri-Haber
Division of Neurosciences, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0440, USA
J Neurosci 26:3864-74. 2006The transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) is a primary afferent transducer that plays a crucial role in neuropathic hyperalgesia for osmotic and mechanical stimuli, as well as in inflammatory mediator-induced hyperalgesia for ..
- Vanilloid receptor-related osmotically activated channel (VR-OAC), a candidate vertebrate osmoreceptorW Liedtke
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell 103:525-35. 2000..The channel also occurs in other neurosensory cells, including inner-ear hair cells, sensory neurons, and Merkel cells...
- TRPV4 forms a novel Ca2+ signaling complex with ryanodine receptors and BKCa channelsScott Earley
Department of Pharmacology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Circ Res 97:1270-9. 2005..b>TRPV4 message was detected in RNA from cerebral artery smooth muscle cells...
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 is essential in chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain in the ratNicole Alessandri-Haber
Division of Neurosciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0440, USA
J Neurosci 24:4444-52. 2004..We recently showed that the polymodal receptor transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4), a member of the transient receptor potential (TRP) family of ion channels, may play a role in inflammatory pain (..
- Mammalian TRPV4 (VR-OAC) directs behavioral responses to osmotic and mechanical stimuli in Caenorhabditis elegansWolfgang Liedtke
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14531-6. 2003..The vertebrate transient receptor potential channel vanilloid subfamily 4 (TRPV4) (VR-OAC) cation channel has been suggested to be an osmo/mechanosensory channel...
- Effect of TRPV4-p38 MAPK Pathway on Neuropathic Pain in Rats with Chronic Compression of the Dorsal Root GanglionYu Juan Qu
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, No 107 Wenhuaxi Road, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Biomed Res Int 2016:6978923. 2016The aim of this study was to investigate the relationships among TRPV4, p38, and neuropathic pain in a rat model of chronic compression of the dorsal root ganglion...
- An orally active TRPV4 channel blocker prevents and resolves pulmonary edema induced by heart failureKevin S Thorneloe
Heart Failure Discovery Performance Unit, Metabolic Pathways and Cardiovascular Therapy Area Unit, GlaxoSmithKline, 709 Swedeland Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Sci Transl Med 4:159ra148. 2012..edema is driven by activation of pulmonary capillary endothelial transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) channels...
- Arresting a transient receptor potential (TRP) channel: beta-arrestin 1 mediates ubiquitination and functional down-regulation of TRPV4Arun K Shukla
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 285:30115-25. 2010..the angiotensin receptor (AT1aR) and a member of the transient receptor potential (TRP) ion channel family, TRPV4. AT1aR and TRPV4 form a constitutive complex in the plasma membrane, and angiotensin stimulation leads to ..
- TRPV4 channel activation leads to endothelium-dependent relaxation mediated by nitric oxide and endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor in rat pulmonary arterySusanth V Sukumaran
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar 243122, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India
Pharmacol Res 78:18-27. 2013The purpose of the present study was to characterize TRPV4 channels in the rat pulmonary artery and examine their role in endothelium-dependent relaxation...
- Calcineurin/nuclear factor of activated T cells-coupled vanilliod transient receptor potential channel 4 ca2+ sparklets stimulate airway smooth muscle cell proliferationLiMin Zhao
1 Vascular Physiology Research Group, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 50:1064-75. 2014..We found that synthetic and endogenous TRPV4 agonists increase proliferation of primary ASMCs...
- Role of transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 activation in indomethacin-induced intestinal damageHidemoto Yamawaki
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 307:G33-40. 2014..Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) is a nonselective cation channel expressed throughout the gastrointestinal tract epithelium that is activated by ..
- Age-related changes in the distribution of transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 channel (TRPV4) in the central nervous system of ratsJae Chul Lee
Department of Biology, School of Life Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Gaeshin dong, Heungduk gu, Cheongju, 361 763, Republic of Korea
J Mol Histol 45:497-505. 2014Transient receptor potential vanilloid type 4 (TRPV4) channels are expressed in the central nervous system, but their role in regulating the aging process under physiological and pathological conditions is still largely unknown...
- TRPV4 activation mediates flow-induced nitric oxide production in the rat thick ascending limbPablo D Cabral
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio and Universidad de Buenos Aires, Facultad de Medicina, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 307:F666-72. 2014..Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) is a mechano-sensitive channel activated by luminal flow in different types of cells...
- Activation of TRPV4 channels does not mediate inversion of neurovascular coupling after SAHMasayo Koide
Department of Pharmacology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 89 Beaumont Avenue, Burlington, VT, USA
Acta Neurochir Suppl 120:111-6. 2015..Here, we examined the role of TRPV4 channels in the development of high-amplitude spontaneous Ca²⁺ oscillations in astrocyte endfeet and the ..
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 inhibits rat HSC-T6 apoptosis through induction of autophagyLei Zhan
The Key Laboratory of Anti inflammatory and Immune Medicine, Ministry of Education, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Mol Cell Biochem 402:9-22. 2015..Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4), another member of the transient receptor potential (TRP) channel, is proved to be a vital modulator in ..
- TRPV4 mediates flow-induced increases in intracellular Ca in medullary thick ascending limbsP D Cabral
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 214:319-28. 2015Medullary thick ascending limbs (mTAL) regulate Na balance and therefore blood pressure. We previously showed that cell swelling and luminal flow activates the mechanosensitive channel TRPV4 in mTAL.
- Hyperglycemia and Diabetes Downregulate the Functional Expression of TRPV4 Channels in Retinal Microvascular EndotheliumKevin Monaghan
Centre for Experimental Medicine, Queen s University of Belfast
PLoS ONE 10:e0128359. 2015..Numerous studies have shown that TRPV4 channels are critically involved in maintaining normal endothelial cell function...
- Role of endothelial TRPV4 channels in vascular actions of the endocannabinoid, 2-arachidonoylglycerolW S V Ho
Vascular Biology Research Centre, Institute of Cardiovascular and Cell Sciences, St George s University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, SW17 0RE, UK
Br J Pharmacol 172:5251-64. 2015..of the endocannabinoid, 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG) have been postulated to act as endogenous activators of TRPV4, a Ca(2+) -permeable cation channel that plays a critical role in endothelium-dependent relaxation...
- The speed of swelling kinetics modulates cell volume regulation and calcium signaling in astrocytes: A different point of view on the role of aquaporinsMaria Grazia Mola
Department of Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biopharmaceutics, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy
Glia 64:139-54. 2016..inhibited by Gadolinium and Ruthenium Red, two inhibitors of the transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) channels, and prevented by removing extracellular calcium...
- The transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 channel modulates uterine tone during pregnancyLihua Ying
Center for Excellence in Pulmonary Biology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Sci Transl Med 7:319ra204. 2015..whether uterine contractility might be modulated by calcium entry via transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) channels...
- Increased Expression of Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4 in Cortical Lesions of Patients with Focal Cortical DysplasiaXin Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
CNS Neurosci Ther 22:280-90. 2016..Studies found that transient receptor potential vanilloid receptor 4 (TRPV4) may participate in the occurrence of seizures...
- Increasing TRPV4 expression restores flow-induced dilation impaired in mesenteric arteries with agingJuan Du
Department of Physiology, School of Basic Medicine, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230032, China
Sci Rep 6:22780. 2016..Transient receptor potential vanilloid subtype 4 (TRPV4), a Ca(2+)-permeable cation channel, facilitates the flow-stimulated [Ca(2+)]i rise...
- Functional role of vanilloid transient receptor potential 4-canonical transient receptor potential 1 complex in flow-induced Ca2+ influxXin Ma
Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:851-8. 2010The present study is aimed at investigating the interaction of TRPV4 with TRPC1 and the functional role of such an interaction in flow-induced Ca(2+) influx...
- Axonal neuropathy-associated TRPV4 regulates neurotrophic factor-derived axonal growthYongwoo Jang
Sensory Research Center, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 287:6014-24. 2012..Recent advances in genetics have resulted in the identification of missense mutations in TRPV4 in patients with these hereditary neuropathies...
- TRPV4 channels mediate cardiac fibroblast differentiation by integrating mechanical and soluble signalsRavi K Adapala
Department of Integrative Medical Sciences, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 54:45-52. 2013..Here, we show that the mechanosensitve ion channel TRPV4 is required for TGF-β1-induced differentiation of cardiac fibroblasts into myofibroblasts...
- Unusual localization and translocation of TRPV4 protein in cultured ventricular myocytes of the neonatal ratY Zhao
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Eur J Histochem 56:e32. 2012b>TRPV4 protein forms a Ca2+-permeable channel that is sensitive to osmotic and mechanical stimuli and responds to warm temperatures, and expresses widely in various kinds of tissues...
- Implication of the ryanodine receptor in TRPV4-induced calcium response in pulmonary arterial smooth muscle cells from normoxic and chronically hypoxic ratsDiana Dahan
Universite de Bordeaux, Centre de Recherche Cardio Thoracique de Bordeaux, France
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 303:L824-33. 2012..the expression, functional role, and coupling to reticulum calcium channels of the type 4 vanilloid TRP subfamily (TRPV4) in the pulmonary artery from both normoxic (Nx) and chronically hypoxic (CH) rats...
- Transcriptional and translational plasticity in rodent urinary bladder TRP channels with urinary bladder inflammation, bladder dysfunction, or postnatal maturationLiana Merrill
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Mol Neurosci 48:744-56. 2012..transcriptional and translational plasticity of three transient receptor potential (TRP) channels (TRPA1, TRPV1, TRPV4) with established neuronal and non-neuronal expression and functional roles in the lower urinary tract...
- Involvement of TRPV1 and TRPV4 channels in migration of rat pulmonary arterial smooth muscle cellsElodie Martin
Centre de Recherche Cardio Thoracique de Bordeaux, Univ Bordeaux, 33076, Bordeaux, France
Pflugers Arch 464:261-72. 2012..we thus investigated in rat intrapulmonary arteries (1) the expression and the functional activity of TRPV1 and TRPV4, (2) the PASMC migration triggered by these TRPV channels, and (3) the associated reorganization of the ..
- Functional interaction of TRPV4 channel protein with annexin A2 in DRGLiping Ning
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Neurol Res 34:685-93. 2012Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) is a Ca(2+)-permeable, non-selective cation channel that is involved in the transmission of pain signals mediated by dorsal root ganglion (DRG)...
- The increased activity of TRPV4 channel in the astrocytes of the adult rat hippocampus after cerebral hypoxia/ischemiaOlena Butenko
Department of Cellular Neurophysiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
PLoS ONE 7:e39959. 2012The polymodal transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) channel, a member of the TRP channel family, is a calcium-permeable cationic channel that is gated by various stimuli such as cell swelling, low pH and high temperature...
- TRPV4 channels mediate the infrared laser-evoked response in sensory neuronsE S Albert
U 1051, INSERM Institut des Neurosciences de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
J Neurophysiol 107:3227-34. 2012..These results have the potential to facilitate greatly the design of future prosthetic devices aimed at restoring neurosensory capacities in disabled patients...
- Interaction of transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 with annexin A2 and tubulin beta 5Juan Huai
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Neurosci Lett 512:22-7. 2012The aim of the present study was to investigate if there exists an interaction of TRPV4 with annexin A2 and with tubulin beta 5 in transfected human embryonic kidney (HEK293) cells in vitro...
- Upregulation of osmo-mechanosensitive TRPV4 channel facilitates chronic hypoxia-induced myogenic tone and pulmonary hypertensionXiao ru Yang
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L555-68. 2012..Here we found that TRPV4 was the only member of the TRPV and TRPM subfamilies upregulated in PAs of chronic hypoxic rats...
- Role of transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 in rat joint inflammationAlexandre Denadai-Souza
University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arthritis Rheum 64:1848-58. 2012....
- Activation of TRPV4 on dural afferents produces headache-related behavior in a preclinical rat modelXiaomei Wei
University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cephalalgia 31:1595-600. 2011..Based on the sensitivity to these stimuli we hypothesized that dural afferents express the osmo/mechano-sensitive channel transient receptor-potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4).
- Effects of TRPV4 cation channel activation on the primary bladder afferent activities of the ratNaoki Aizawa
Department of Continence Medicine, The University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Neurourol Urodyn 31:148-55. 2012Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) may affect afferent pathways innervating the bladder...
- Functional interaction between AQP2 and TRPV4 in renal cellsLuciano Galizia
Laboratorio de Biomembranas, Departamento de Fisiologia y Biofisica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Cell Biochem 113:580-9. 2012..Since the calcium permeable nonselective cation channel TRPV4 plays a crucial role in the response to mechanical and osmotic perturbations in a wide range of cell types, the ..
- Neuronal IL-17 receptor upregulates TRPV4 but not TRPV1 receptors in DRG neurons and mediates mechanical but not thermal hyperalgesiaGisela Segond von Banchet
Institute of Physiology 1, Jena University Hospital, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Teichgraben 8, 07743 Jena, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 52:152-60. 2013..However, we found a pronounced upregulation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) which is considered a candidate transduction molecule for mechanical hyperalgesia...
- Protease-activated receptor 2 (PAR2) protein and transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) protein coupling is required for sustained inflammatory signalingDaniel P Poole
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Biol Chem 288:5790-802. 2013..We investigated the signaling mechanisms by which PAR(2) regulates TRPV4 and determined the importance of tyrosine phosphorylation in this process...
- TRPV4 dysfunction promotes renal cystogenesis in autosomal recessive polycystic kidney diseaseOleg Zaika
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 6431 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:604-16. 2013..The activity of the mechanosensitive Ca(2+)-permeable TRPV4 channel underlies flow-dependent Ca(2+) signaling in murine collecting duct (CD) cells, suggesting that this ..
- Functional TRP and ASIC-like channels in cultured urothelial cells from the ratF Aura Kullmann
Dept of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, Univ of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, E 1340 Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F892-901. 2009..The TRPV4 agonist 4alpha-phorbol-12,13 didecanoate (4alpha-PDD; 1-5 microM) and the TRPA1/TRPM8 agonist icilin (50-100 ..
- TRPV4-like non-selective cation currents in cultured aortic myocytesRyoichi Tanaka
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabedori, Mizuhoku, Nagoya, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 108:179-89. 2008..A selective TRPV4 agonist, 4alpha-phorbol 12,13-didecanoate (4alphaPDD), had little effect on membrane currents and intracellular Ca(..
- Expression of the osmotically responsive cationic channel TRPV4 in the endolymphatic sacH Kumagami
Department of Otolaryngology, Nagasaki University, Sakamoto 1 7 1, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Audiol Neurootol 14:190-7. 2009..b>TRPV4 was expressed predominantly in the apical membrane of mitochondria-rich cells, and cell volume regulation by TRPV4 ..
- Altered central TRPV4 expression and lipid raft association related to inappropriate vasopressin secretion in cirrhotic ratsFlávia Regina Carreño
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R454-66. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that changes in the expression or trafficking of TRPV4 in the central nervous system may contribute to inappropriate AVP release in the bile duct ligation (BDL) model of ..
- Antidipsogenic effects of a TRPV4 agonist, 4alpha-phorbol 12,13-didecanoate, injected into the cerebroventricleHiromi Tsushima
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Nagoya City University, Japan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 290:R1736-41. 2006Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) is one member of the TRP superfamily of nonselective cation channels...
- TRPV4 mediates hypotonicity-induced ATP release by the thick ascending limbGuillermo B Silva
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Research, Henry Ford Hospital, and Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F1090-5. 2008..9+/-7.2 vs. 2.4+/-1.0 pmol/mg protein; n=6, P<0.01). To examine the role of TRPV4, we used 1) Ca-free solutions, 2) a TRPV4 inhibitor, 3) small interfering (si) RNA against TRPV4, and 4) a TRPV4 ..
- TRPV4 enhances the cellular uptake of aminoglycoside antibioticsTakatoshi Karasawa
Oregon Hearing Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Cell Sci 121:2871-9. 2008The cochlea and kidney are susceptible to aminoglycoside-induced toxicity. The non-selective cation channel TRPV4 is expressed in kidney distal tubule cells, and hair cells and the stria vascularis in the inner ear...
- Negative-feedback loop attenuates hydrostatic lung edema via a cGMP-dependent regulation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 4Jun Yin
Institute of Physiology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Arnimallee 22, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Circ Res 102:966-74. 2008..pressure was shown to increase endothelial [Ca(2+)](i) via activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) channels...
- Distribution profiles of transient receptor potential melastatin-related and vanilloid-related channels in prostatic tissue in ratHuai Peng Wang
Department of Urology, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Guangzhou 510080, China
Asian J Androl 9:634-40. 2007..To investigate the expression and distribution of the members of the transient receptor potential (TRP) channel members of TRP melastatin (TRPM) and TRP vanilloid (TRPV) subfamilies in rat prostatic tissue...
- Serotonin-induced activation of TRPV4-like current in rat intrapulmonary arterial smooth muscle cellsThomas Ducret
Universite Bordeaux 2, Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire Respiratoire, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux, France
Cell Calcium 43:315-23. 2008..and to ruthenium red, a TRPV channel blocker, and mimicked by 4alpha-phorbol-12,13-didecanoate (4alpha-PDD), a TRPV4 channel agonist...
- PLA2 and TRPV4 channels regulate endothelial calcium in cerebral arteriesSean P Marrelli
Department of Anesthesiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1390-7. 2007..dilation, specifically whether PLA(2) is involved in endothelial Ca(2+) regulation through stimulation of TRPV4 channels...
- Exercise linked to transient increase in expression and activity of cation channels in newly formed hind-limb collateralsA Sayed
Department of General Surgery, Kasr Alainy Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 40:81-7. 2010This study aimed to compare arteriogenesis after femoral artery occlusion as influenced by exercise or arteriovenous shunt and follow changes in collateral transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily V, member 4 (Trpv4).
- Hypotonic shocks activate rat TRPV4 in yeast in the absence of polyunsaturated fatty acidsStephen H Loukin
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1525 Linden Drive Madison, WI 53706, USA
FEBS Lett 583:754-8. 2009..We expressed the rat TRPV1 and TRPV4 subtypes in yeast and monitored their activities in vivo as Ca(2+) rise using transgenic aequorin...
- Modulation of transient receptor potential Vanilloid 4-mediated membrane currents and synaptic transmission by protein kinase CDe Shou Cao
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62702, USA
Mol Pain 5:5. 2009..In this study, the expression and function of TRPV4 have been characterized and compared with those of TRPV1.
- Expression of TRPV4 in the stimulated rat oral mucous membrane--nociceptive mechanisms of lingual conical papillaeMichiko Nakatsuka
Dept of Oral Anatomy, Osaka Dental University, Kuzuha Hanazono cho 8 1, Hirakata, Osaka 573 1121, Japan
Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn 86:45-54. 2009..We studied the function of TRPV4 expression and its neuronal activation in response to noxious stimulation of oral mucosa...
- Effects of shear stress on intracellular calcium change and histamine release in rat basophilic leukemia (RBL-2H3) cellsWenzhong Yang
Surface Physics Laboratory National Key Laboratory, Department of Physics, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 28:223-30. 2009..Because histamine is a well-known mediator of microvascular tissue dilation, these results may have an important impact on understanding the mechanism involved in massage therapy...
- Nuclear factor-kappa B mediates TRPV4-NO pathway involved in thermal hyperalgesia following chronic compression of the dorsal root ganglion in ratsChao Wang
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Qilu Hospital, Medical School of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Behav Brain Res 221:19-24. 2011The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-κB) is involved in TRPV4-NO pathway in thermal hyperalgesia following chronic compression of the dorsal root ganglion (DRG) (the procedure hereafter termed ..
- Cerebral arteriogenesis is enhanced by pharmacological as well as fluid-shear-stress activation of the Trpv4 calcium channelW Schierling
Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 41:589-96. 2011..channels Trpc1, Trpm7, Trpp2, Trpv2 (transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily V, member 2) and Trpv4 for cerebral arteriogenesis...
- Inhibition of the cation channel TRPV4 improves bladder function in mice and rats with cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisWouter Everaerts
Laboratory of Ion Channel Research, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19084-9. 2010..Recent work has demonstrated that the cation channel TRPV4 is highly expressed in urothelial cells and plays a role in sensing the normal filling state of the bladder...
- Importance of non-selective cation channel TRPV4 interaction with cytoskeleton and their reciprocal regulations in cultured cellsChandan Goswami
Signal Transduction in Pain and Mental Retardation, Department for Molecular Human Genetics Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e11654. 2010b>TRPV4 and the cellular cytoskeleton have each been reported to influence cellular mechanosensitive processes as well as the development of mechanical hyperalgesia...
- Impairment in function and expression of transient receptor potential vanilloid type 4 in Dahl salt-sensitive rats: significance and mechanismFeng Gao
Department of Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich 48824, USA
Hypertension 55:1018-25. 2010To examine the role of transient receptor potential vanilloid type 4 (TRPV4) channels in the development of salt-sensitive hypertension, male Dahl salt-sensitive (DS) and -resistant (DR) rats were fed a low-salt (LS) or high-salt (HS) ..
- Wild-type and brachyolmia-causing mutant TRPV4 channels respond directly to stretch forceStephen Loukin
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 285:27176-81. 2010..b>TRPV4, a key molecular model, can be activated by hypotonicity, but the mechanism of activation is unclear...
- Forward genetic analysis reveals multiple gating mechanisms of TRPV4Stephen Loukin
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 285:19884-90. 2010b>TRPV4 is a polymodal cation channel gain-of-function (GOF) allele which causes skeletal dysplasia in humans. To better understand its gating, we screened for additional GOF alleles based on their ability to block yeast proliferation...