Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trpv1
Description: transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily V, member 1
Alias: TRPV1_SON, VR.5'sv, Vr1, Vr1l1, transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily V member 1, OTRPC1, capsaicin receptor, deltaN-TRPV1, osm-9-like TRP channel 1, transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 supraoptic nucleus, vanilloid receptor 1, vanilloid receptor subtype 1, vanilloid receptor type 1 like protein 1, vanilloid type 1 receptor
Publications126 found, 100 shown here
- cAMP-dependent protein kinase regulates desensitization of the capsaicin receptor (VR1) by direct phosphorylationGautam Bhave
Division of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuron 35:721-31. 2002The capsaicin receptor, VR1 (also known as TRPV1), is a ligand-gated ion channel expressed on nociceptive sensory neurons that responds to noxious thermal and chemical stimuli...
- Local inflammation increases vanilloid receptor 1 expression within distinct subgroups of DRG neuronsFumimasa Amaya
Department of Anesthesiology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamikyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Brain Res 963:190-6. 2003b>Vanilloid receptor 1 (VR1) is essential to the development of inflammatory hyperalgesia. We investigated whether inflammation can increase in VR1 positive neuronal profiles in rat DRG neurons using histochemical methods...
- Desensitization of capsaicin-activated currents in the vanilloid receptor TRPV1 is decreased by the cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase pathwayDurga P Mohapatra
Department of Anesthesiology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:50080-90. 2003..This sensitization is mediated by the cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) signal pathway. The capsaicin receptor TRPV1, a non-selective cation channel of sensory neurons involved in the sensation of inflammatory pain, is ..
- Anandamide elicits an acute release of nitric oxide through endothelial TRPV1 receptor activation in the rat arterial mesenteric bedInés M Poblete
Centro de Regulación Celular y Patología JV Luco, Instituto MIFAB, Departmento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
J Physiol 568:539-51. 2005..The NO release elicited by either anandamide or capsaicin was reduced by the TRPV1 receptor antagonists 5'-iodoresiniferatoxin, SB 366791 and capsazepine as well as by the cannabinoid CB(1) ..
- TRPV1 mediates cell death in rat synovial fibroblasts through calcium entry-dependent ROS production and mitochondrial depolarizationFen Hu
Department of Biophysics, The School of Physics, The Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Bioactive Materials, Nankai University, 94 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin 300071, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369:989-93. 2008..It was found in this work that a TRPV1 agonist capsaicin, and acidic solution (pH 5...
- Proinflammatory mediators modulate the heat-activated ion channel TRPV1 via the scaffolding protein AKAP79/150Xuming Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB21PD, UK
Neuron 59:450-61. 2008..Here, we show that modulation of the sensitivity of the heat-activated ion channel TRPV1 by the protein kinases PKA and PKC and by the phosphatase calcineurin depends on the formation of a signaling ..
- Transcription factors Sp1 and Sp4 regulate TRPV1 gene expression in rat sensory neuronsCatherine Chu
University of California, San Francisco Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care 513 Parnassus Ave, RM, S436, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0427, USA
Mol Pain 7:44. 2011The capsaicin receptor, transient receptor potential vanilloid type -1 (TRPV1) directs complex roles in signal transduction including the detection of noxious stimuli arising from cellular injury and inflammation...
- VR1, but not P2X(3), increases in the spared L4 DRG in rats with L5 spinal nerve ligationTetsuo Fukuoka
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Pain 99:111-20. 2002..We investigated the expression of two candidate transducers of noxious stimuli in peripheral tissues, the vanilloid receptor subtype 1 (VR1) and the P2X(3), a subunit of the ionotropic P2X receptor for ATP, in spared L4 DRG neurons ..
- Vanilloid receptor subtype-1 (VR1) is specifically localized to taste papillaeYusuke Ishida
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nagoya City University Medical School, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 107:17-22. 2002Pungent sensation of hot peppers is thought to be mediated by vanilloid receptor subtype-1 (VR1), which can be activated by capsaicin, but there is little information regarding its histological localization in the tongue...
- Modulation of transient receptor potential Vanilloid 4-mediated membrane currents and synaptic transmission by protein kinase CDe Shou Cao
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62702, USA
Mol Pain 5:5. 2009..b>TRPV1, a non-selective cation channel has been extensively studied and is responsible for inflammatory thermal ..
- Selective targeting of TRPV1 expressing sensory nerve terminals in the spinal cord for long lasting analgesiaJoseph A Jeffry
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7021. 2009..Resiniferatoxin (RTX), a potent agonist of Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1), causes a slow, sustained and irreversible activation of TRPV1 and increases the frequency of spontaneous ..
- Identification of an aspartic residue in the P-loop of the vanilloid receptor that modulates pore propertiesC Garcia-Martinez
Centro de Biologia Molecular y Celular, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Elche Alicante 03202, Spain
J Biol Chem 275:32552-8. 2000Vanilloid receptor subunit 1 (VR1) is a nonselective cation channel that integrates multiple pain-producing stimuli...
- Induction of vanilloid receptor channel activity by protein kinase CL S Premkumar
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield 62702, USA
Nature 408:985-90. 2000Capsaicin or vanilloid receptors (VRs) participate in the sensation of thermal and inflammatory pain. The cloned (VR1) and native VRs are non-selective cation channels directly activated by harmful heat, extracellular protons and ..
- Pharmacological differences between the human and rat vanilloid receptor 1 (VR1)P McIntyre
Novartis Institute for Medical Sciences, 5 Gower Place, London WC1E 6BN, UK
Br J Pharmacol 132:1084-94. 2001Vanilloid receptors (VR1) were cloned from human and rat dorsal root ganglion libraries and expressed in Xenopus oocytes or Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells...
- Bradykinin and nerve growth factor release the capsaicin receptor from PtdIns(4,5)P2-mediated inhibitionH H Chuang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0450, USA
Nature 411:957-62. 2001..Here, we show that bradykinin- or NGF-mediated potentiation of thermal sensitivity in vivo requires expression of VR1, a heat-activated ion channel on sensory neurons...
- Direct phosphorylation of capsaicin receptor VR1 by protein kinase Cepsilon and identification of two target serine residuesMitsuko Numazaki
Department of Physiology, Mie University School of Medicine, Edobashi 2 174, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:13375-8. 2002The capsaicin receptor, VR1, is a sensory neuron-specific ion channel that serves as a polymodal detector of pain-producing chemical and physical stimuli...
- Agonist recognition sites in the cytosolic tails of vanilloid receptor 1Jooyoung Jung
Sensory Research Center, Creative Research Initiatives, Seoul National University, College of Pharmacy Kwanak Gu, Shinlim 9 dong, Korea
J Biol Chem 277:44448-54. 2002b>Vanilloid receptor 1 (VR1), a ligand-gated ion channel activated by vanilloids, acid, and heat, is a molecular detector that integrates multiple modes of pain...
- Molecular determinants of vanilloid sensitivity in TRPV1Narender R Gavva
Department of Neuroscience, Amgen Inc, MS 29 2 B, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 1799, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20283-95. 2004b>Vanilloid receptor 1 (TRPV1), a membrane-associated cation channel, is activated by the pungent vanilloid from chili peppers, capsaicin, and the ultra potent vanilloid from Euphorbia resinifera, resiniferatoxin (RTX), as well as by ..
- Purinergic and vanilloid receptor activation releases glutamate from separate cranial afferent terminals in nucleus tractus solitariusYoung Ho Jin
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Neurosci 24:4709-17. 2004Vanilloid (VR1) and purinergic (P2X) receptors are found in cranial afferent neurons in nodose ganglia and their central terminations within the solitary tract nucleus (NTS), but little is known about their function...
- Identification of a tetramerization domain in the C terminus of the vanilloid receptorNuria García-Sanz
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, 03202 Alicante, Spain
J Neurosci 24:5307-14. 2004TRPV1 (transient receptor potential vanilloid receptor subtype 1) is a member of the TRP channel family gated by vanilloids, protons, and heat...
- Nociceptors lacking TRPV1 and TRPV2 have normal heat responsesC Jeffery Woodbury
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Neurosci 24:6410-5. 2004b>Vanilloid receptor 1 (TRPV1) has been proposed to be the principal heat-responsive channel for nociceptive neurons...
- A proinflammatory chemokine, CCL3, sensitizes the heat- and capsaicin-gated ion channel TRPV1Ning Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Intramural Research Support Program, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4536-41. 2005..cotransfected into human embryonic kidney (HEK)293 cells together with transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1), a cation channel required for certain types of thermal hyperalgesia...
- Increased sensitivity of desensitized TRPV1 by PMA occurs through PKCepsilon-mediated phosphorylation at S800Sravan Mandadi
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Pain 123:106-16. 2006Important mechanisms that regulate inhibitory and facilitatory effects on TRPV1-mediated nociception are desensitization and phosphorylation, respectively...
- TRPV1 receptor mediates glutamatergic synaptic input to dorsolateral periaqueductal gray (dl-PAG) neuronsJihong Xing
Heart and Vascular Institute and Department of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Neurophysiol 97:503-11. 2007The purpose of this study was to determine the role of transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1) receptor in modulating neuronal activity of the dorsolateral periaqueductal gray (dl-PAG) through excitatory and inhibitory ..
- Dissection of the components for PIP2 activation and thermosensation in TRP channelsSebastian Brauchi
Laboratory of Biophysics and Molecular Physiology, Centro de Estudios Cientificos, Valdivia 509 9100, Chile
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10246-51. 2007..we have exchanged different segments of the C-terminal region between cold-sensitive (TRPM8) and heat-sensitive (TRPV1) channels, trying to understand the role of the segment in PIP2 and temperature activation...
- The ankyrin repeats of TRPV1 bind multiple ligands and modulate channel sensitivityPolina V Lishko
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 7 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Neuron 54:905-18. 2007b>TRPV1 plays a key role in nociception, as it is activated by heat, low pH, and ligands such as capsaicin, leading to a burning pain sensation...
- Voltage is a partial activator of rat thermosensitive TRP channelsJOSE A MATTA
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, MedDent SW401, 3900 Reservoir Rd Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Physiol 585:469-82. 2007b>TRPV1 and TRPM8 are sensory nerve ion channels activated by heating and cooling, respectively. A variety of physical and chemical stimuli activate these receptors in a synergistic manner but the underlying mechanisms are unclear...
- TRPV1 channels mediate long-term depression at synapses on hippocampal interneuronsHelen E Gibson
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Physiology, and Biotechnology, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Neuron 57:746-59. 2008b>TRPV1 receptors have classically been defined as heat-sensitive, ligand-gated, nonselective cation channels that integrate nociceptive stimuli in sensory neurons...
- Structural determinants of gating in the TRPV1 channelHector Salazar
Departamento de Biofisica, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Nat Struct Mol Biol 16:704-10. 2009Transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channels mediate several types of physiological responses...
- Temperature-induced opening of TRPV1 ion channel is stabilized by the pore domainJORG GRANDL
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:708-14. 2010b>TRPV1 is the founding and best-studied member of the family of temperature-activated transient receptor potential ion channels (thermoTRPs). Voltage, chemicals and heat allosterically gate TRPV1...
- Identification of a binding motif in the S5 helix that confers cholesterol sensitivity to the TRPV1 ion channelGiovanni Picazo-Juárez
Departamento de Neurodesarrollo y Fisiología, Division Neurociencias, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, D F 04510, Mexico
J Biol Chem 286:24966-76. 2011The TRPV1 ion channel serves as an integrator of noxious stimuli with its activation linked to pain and neurogenic inflammation. Cholesterol, a major component of cell membranes, modifies the function of several types of ion channels...
- Streptozotocin-induced early thermal hyperalgesia is independent of glycemic state of rats: role of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1(TRPV1) and inflammatory mediatorsMahendra Bishnoi
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, 62702, USA
Mol Pain 7:52. 2011..a direct effect on neurons through expression and function of the Transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channel in sensory neurons resulting in thermal hyperalgesia, even in non-diabetic STZ-treated mice...
- The capsaicin receptor: a heat-activated ion channel in the pain pathwayM J Caterina
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0450, USA
Nature 389:816-24. 1997..We have used an expression cloning strategy based on calcium influx to isolate a functional cDNA encoding a capsaicin receptor from sensory neurons...
- Bradykinin-12-lipoxygenase-VR1 signaling pathway for inflammatory hyperalgesiaJieun Shin
Sensory Research Center, National Creative Research Initiatives, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Shinlim, Kwanak gu, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10150-5. 2002The capsaicin-sensitive vanilloid receptor (VR1) was recently shown to play an important role in inflammatory pain (hyperalgesia), but the underlying mechanism is unknown...
- Vanilloid receptor expression in the rat tongue and palateM A Kido
Department of Oral Anatomy and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Dental Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Dent Res 82:393-7. 2003Capsaicin, the pungent substance in hot peppers, evokes a sensation of burning pain by stimulating the vanilloid receptor 1 (VR1) on primary afferent neurons...
- Structural determinant of TRPV1 desensitization interacts with calmodulinMitsuko Numazaki
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Mie University School of Medicine, Edobashi 2 174, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8002-6. 2003The capsaicin receptor, TRPV1 (VR1), is a sensory neuron-specific ion channel that serves as a polymodal detector of pain-producing chemical and physical stimuli...
- Protein kinase C phosphorylation sensitizes but does not activate the capsaicin receptor transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1)Gautam Bhave
Division of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12480-5. 2003Protein kinase C (PKC) modulates the function of the capsaicin receptor transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1). This modulation manifests as increased current when the channel is activated by capsaicin...
- The vanilloid receptor-1 is expressed in rat spinal dorsal horn astrocytesStephane Doly
CNRS UMR 7101, Neurobiologie des Signaux Intercellulaires, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 7 quai Saint Bernard, 75252 Paris, France
Neurosci Lett 357:123-6. 2004The vanilloid receptor-1 (TRPV1), expressed by nociceptive fibers, is a transducer of thermal and chemical nociceptive messages...
- Distinct thymocyte subsets express the vanilloid receptor VR1 that mediates capsaicin-induced apoptotic cell deathC Amantini
Department of Pharmacological Sciences and Experimental Medicine, University of Camerino, Camerino, Italy
Cell Death Differ 11:1342-56. 2004Herein, we provide the first evidence on the capsaicin (CPS) receptor vanilloid receptor type-1 (VR1) by rat thymocytes, and its involvement in CPS-induced apoptosis. VR1 mRNA was identified by quantitative RT-PCR in CD5(+) thymocytes...
- NGF and GDNF differentially regulate TRPV1 expression that contributes to development of inflammatory thermal hyperalgesiaFumimasa Amaya
Department of Anaesthesiology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kajiicho, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 20:2303-10. 2004The transient receptor potential ion channel, TRPV1 plays an essential role in the development of inflammatory thermal hyperalgesia. We investigated the dependence of inflammatory TRPV1 induction on neurotrophic factor...
- Regulation of Ca2+-dependent desensitization in the vanilloid receptor TRPV1 by calcineurin and cAMP-dependent protein kinaseDurga Prasanna Mohapatra
Department of Anesthesiology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:13424-32. 2005The vanilloid receptor TRPV1 is a polymodal nonselective cation channel of nociceptive sensory neurons involved in the perception of inflammatory pain...
- Expression and distribution of vanilloid receptor 1 (TRPV1) in the adult rat brainAttila Toth
Molecular Mechanisms of Tumor Promotion Section, Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 135:162-8. 2005The vanilloid receptor (TRPV1 or VR1) is a molecular integrator of various painful stimuli, including capsaicin, acid, and high temperature...
- In situ hybridization evidence for the coexistence of ASIC and TRPV1 within rat single sensory neuronsShinya Ugawa
Department of Molecular Morphology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 136:125-33. 2005..Acid-sensing ion channel (ASIC) and transient receptor potential/vanilloid receptor subtype-1 (TRPV1) encode proton-activated cation channels expressed by nociceptors and the opening of these channels results in ..
- Characterization of rat transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 receptors lacking the N-glycosylation site N604Kerstin Wirkner
Rudolf Boehm Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Leipzig, Haertelstrasse 16 18, D 04107 Leipzig, Germany
Neuroreport 16:997-1001. 2005..on HEK293 cells transiently transfected with the rat (r) wild-type transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) (rTRPV1) receptor or with a mutant that lacks the potential N-glycosylation site at position N604 (rTRPV1-N604T)...
- Regulation of calcitonin gene-related peptide and TRPV1 in a rat model of osteoarthritisJanet Fernihough
Novartis Institute for Medical Sciences, London WC1E 6BS, UK
Neurosci Lett 388:75-80. 2005..Expression of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and the vanilloid receptor TRPV1 was quantified in these backlabelled cells and was enriched in the knee afferents in all animals studied, compared ..
- Endogenous unsaturated C18 N-acylethanolamines are vanilloid receptor (TRPV1) agonistsPouya Movahed
Department of Laboratory Medicine Lund University, SE 22185 Lund, Sweden
J Biol Chem 280:38496-504. 2005..This study shows that several endogenous non-cannabinoid NAEs, many of which are more abundant than anandamide in rat tissues, activate TRPV(1) and thus may play a role as endogenous TRPV(1) modulators...
- Acidification of rat TRPV1 alters the kinetics of capsaicin responsesTorben R Neelands
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, R04PM, AP9A, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6123, USA
Mol Pain 1:28. 2005TRPV1 (vanilloid receptor 1) receptors are activated by a variety of ligands such as capsaicin, as well as by acidic conditions and temperatures above 42 degrees C...
- Relative roles of protein kinase A and protein kinase C in modulation of transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 receptor responsiveness in rat sensory neurons in vitro and peripheral nociceptors in vivoA Varga
Neuropharmacology Research Group of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szigeti u 12, H 7624 Pecs, Hungary
Neuroscience 140:645-57. 2006..activity of protein kinase C and cAMP-dependent protein kinase in transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 receptor responsiveness in the rat in vitro by measurement of the intracellular calcium concentration in cultured ..
- TRPV1 receptors in the CNS play a key role in broad-spectrum analgesia of TRPV1 antagonistsM Cui
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 6123, USA
J Neurosci 26:9385-93. 2006Vanilloid receptor type 1 (TRPV1) is a ligand-gated nonselective cation channel that is considered to be an important integrator of various pain stimuli such as endogenous lipids, capsaicin, heat, and low pH...
- Transcription of rat TRPV1 utilizes a dual promoter system that is positively regulated by nerve growth factorQing Xue
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0427, USA
J Neurochem 101:212-22. 2007The capsaicin receptor, also known as 'transient receptor potential vanilloid receptor subtype 1' (TRPV1, VR1), is an ion channel subunit expressed in primary afferent nociceptors, which plays a critical role in pain transduction and ..
- Potentiation of glutamatergic synaptic transmission by protein kinase C-mediated sensitization of TRPV1 at the first sensory synapseParul Sikand
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62702, USA
J Physiol 581:631-47. 2007..Transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) expressed on a subset of sensory neurons plays an important role in chronic inflammatory thermal nociception...
- RNA interference-mediated knock-down of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 prevents forepaw inflammatory hyperalgesia in ratSusumu Kasama
Department of Pathology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 25:2956-63. 2007..b>TRPV1 plays an essential role in development of inflammatory thermal hyperalgesia after tissue injury and its expression ..
- Direct role of streptozotocin in inducing thermal hyperalgesia by enhanced expression of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 in sensory neuronsReddy M Pabbidi
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62702, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:995-1004. 2008..While studying the influence of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) on DPN in the STZ-induced diabetic mouse model, we found that a proportion of STZ-treated mice was nondiabetic ..
- Differential Changes in TRPV1 expression after trigeminal sensory nerve injuryHyun Yeong Kim
Department of Physiology and Program in Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Pain 9:280-8. 2008..In this study, we examined changes of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) expression in the injured and uninjured TG neurons using immunohistochemical analysis at 3 days after surgery, ..
- TRPV1 shows dynamic ionic selectivity during agonist stimulationMan Kyo Chung
Department of Biological Chemistry, Center for Sensory Biology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:555-64. 2008Transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) is an ion channel that is gated by noxious heat, capsaicin and other diverse stimuli. It is a nonselective cation channel that prefers Ca2+ over Na+...
- Involvement of TRPV1 in nociceptive behavior in a rat model of cancer painMasamichi Shinoda
Department of Functional Anatomy and Neuroscience, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Pain 9:687-99. 2008..Intraplantar administration of the TRPV1 antagonist capsazepine or TRP channels antagonist ruthenium red did not inhibit spontaneous nocifensive behavior ..
- A yeast genetic screen reveals a critical role for the pore helix domain in TRP channel gatingBenjamin R Myers
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, 600 16th Street, San Francisco, CA 94143 2140, USA
Neuron 58:362-73. 2008..unbiased, high-throughput genetic screen in yeast that uncovered rare, constitutively active mutants of the capsaicin receptor, TRPV1...
- Femoral artery occlusion augments TRPV1-mediated sympathetic responsivenessJihong Xing
Pennsylvania State Heart and Vascular Institute, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Ctr, 500 Univ Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H1262-H1269. 2008..Previous studies reported that chemically sensitive transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1) channels present on sensory muscle afferent neurons have an important impact on sympathetically mediated ..
- TRPV1 receptors on unmyelinated C-fibres mediate colitis-induced sensitization of pelvic afferent nerve fibres in ratsH U De Schepper
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine and Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
J Physiol 586:5247-58. 2008..The aim of the current study was to investigate the role of transient receptor potential of the vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1) receptors in the pathophysiology of colitis-induced pelvic afferent nerve sensitization...
- Tunable calcium current through TRPV1 receptor channelsDamien S K Samways
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Biol Chem 283:31274-8. 2008b>TRPV1 receptors are polymodal cation channels that open in response to diverse stimuli including noxious heat, capsaicin, and protons...
- The role of TRPV1 in different subtypes of dorsal root ganglion neurons in rat chronic inflammatory nociception induced by complete Freund's adjuvantLu Yu
Neuroscience Research Institute, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, PR China
Mol Pain 4:61. 2008The present study aims to investigate the role of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons in chronic pain including thermal hyperalgesia and mechanical allodynia...
- A-kinase anchoring protein 150 controls protein kinase C-mediated phosphorylation and sensitization of TRPV1Nathaniel A Jeske
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Pain 146:301-7. 2009..For the Transient Receptor Potential family V type 1 (TRPV1) receptor, phosphorylation of certain serine/threonine amino acid residues sensitizes the receptor to activation ..
- Impact of central and peripheral TRPV1 and ROS levels on proinflammatory mediators and nociceptive behaviorKarin N Westlund
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Mol Pain 6:46. 2010Transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channels are important membrane sensors on peripheral nerve endings and on supportive non-neuronal synoviocytes in the knee joint...
- Botulinum toxin type A reduces hyperalgesia and TRPV1 expression in rats with neuropathic painLizu Xiao
Shenzhen No 6 People s Hospital, Pain Medicine Department, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Pain Med 14:276-86. 2013..type A (BTX-A) on the thresholds of pain and the expression of transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1) in the dorsal root ganglion (DRG) in rats with neuropathic pain induced by selective ventral root transection (..
- Functional expression of TRPV1 and TRPA1 in rat vestibular gangliaTakefumi Kamakura
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Neurosci Lett 552:92-7. 2013Both TRPV1 and TRPA1 are non-selective cation channels...
- TRPV1 acts as proton channel to induce acidification in nociceptive neuronsNicole Hellwig
Department of Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Thielallee 67 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:34553-61. 2004..pH of inflamed or ischemic tissues enhances painful sensations by sensitizing and activating the vanilloid receptor 1 (TRPV1)...
- Early painful diabetic neuropathy is associated with differential changes in the expression and function of vanilloid receptor 1Shuangsong Hong
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 280:618-27. 2005..Previous studies demonstrate an important role of vanilloid receptor 1 (VR1) in inflammation and injury-induced pain...
- TRPV1 recapitulates native capsaicin receptor in sensory neurons in association with Fas-associated factor 1Sangsung Kim
Sensory Research Center, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
J Neurosci 26:2403-12. 2006TRPV1, a cloned capsaicin receptor, is a molecular sensor for detecting adverse stimuli and a key element for inflammatory nociception and represents biophysical properties of native channel...
- Activation of TRPV1 and TRPA1 leads to muscle nociception and mechanical hyperalgesiaJin Y Ro
University of Maryland Baltimore School of Dentistry, Program in Neuroscience, Department of Neural and Pain Sciences, 650 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pain 144:270-7. 2009The involvement of TRPV1 and TRPA1 in mediating craniofacial muscle nociception and mechanical hyperalgesia was investigated in male Sprague-Dawley rats...
- Heat generates oxidized linoleic acid metabolites that activate TRPV1 and produce pain in rodentsAmol M Patwardhan
Department of Endodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78227, USA
J Clin Invest 120:1617-26. 2010The transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channel is the principal detector of noxious heat in the peripheral nervous system...
- Direct interaction of adenosine with the TRPV1 channel proteinPreeti Puntambekar
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9629, USA
J Neurosci 24:3663-71. 2004b>Vanilloid receptor 1 (TRPV1), a nonspecific cation channel expressed primarily in small sensory neurons, mediates inflammatory thermal pain sensation...
- Differential effects of temperature on acid-activated currents mediated by TRPV1 and ASIC channels in rat dorsal root ganglion neuronsTorben R Neelands
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, R4PM, AP9A, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6123, USA
Brain Res 1329:55-66. 2010..5, there were a variety of kinetic responses consistent with differential expression of TRPV1 and ASIC channels...
- Differential effects of acute hypoxia on the activation of TRPV1 by capsaicin and acidic pHKyung Soo Kim
Department of Physiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Jongnogu, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Physiol Sci 62:93-103. 2012Transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) is a Ca(2+)-permeable cation channel activated by a variety of physicochemical stimuli. The effect of hypoxia (P(O(2)), 3%) on rat TRPV1 overexpressed in HEK293T has been studied...
- Cloning of a stretch-inhibitable nonselective cation channelM Suzuki
Department of Pharmacology, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi, Tochigi 329 04, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:6330-5. 1999A homologue of the capsaicin receptor-nonselective cation channel was cloned from the rat kidney to investigate a mechanosensitive channel...
- Biochemical characterization of the vanilloid receptor 1 expressed in a dorsal root ganglia derived cell lineR Jahnel
Arbeitsgruppe Neurochemie and Arbeitsgruppe Molekulare Medizin, Institut für Chemie Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:5489-96. 2001The vanilloid receptor VR1 is an ion channel predominantly expressed by primary sensory neurons involved in nociception...
- Discrimination of intracellular calcium store subcompartments using TRPV1 (transient receptor potential channel, vanilloid subfamily member 1) release channel activityHelen Turner
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, USA
Biochem J 371:341-50. 2003..Here we use a ligand-gated calcium channel, TRPV1 (transient receptor potential channel, vanilloid subfamily member 1), as a new tool to probe store heterogeneity ..
- Immunohistochemical co-expression of carbonic anhydrase II with Kv1.4 and TRPV1 in rat small-diameter trigeminal ganglion neuronsTakeshi Tanimoto
Department of Physiology, Nippon Dental University, School of Dentistry at Tokyo, 1 9 20 Fujimi, Tokyo 102 8159, Japan
Brain Res 1044:262-5. 2005..4 (Kv1.4) or the vanilloid receptor (TRPV1) was examined in adult rat trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons by using the immunofluorescence method...
- Vanilloid receptor expressed in the sarcoplasmic reticulum of rat skeletal muscleHong Xin
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:756-62. 2005b>Vanilloid receptor subtype 1 (VR1) was cloned as a capsaicin receptor from neuronal cells of dorsal root ganglia. VR1 was subsequently found in a few non-neuronal tissues, including skeletal muscle [Onozawa et al...
- A novel mechanism contributing to development of Dahl salt-sensitive hypertension: role of the transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1Youping Wang
Department of Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 47:609-14. 2006To determine the role of the transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1) channels in development of hypertension in Dahl salt-sensitive (DS) rats fed a high-salt diet (HS), male DS and Dahl salt-resistant (DR) rats were ..
- The odontoblast as a sensory receptor cell? The expression of TRPV1 (VR-1) channelsReijiro Okumura
Department of Physiology, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Arch Histol Cytol 68:251-7. 2005..present study, we investigated the expression of the transient receptor potential vanilloid subfamily member 1 (TRPV1) channel--which essentially contributes to the detection of pain sensation--in rat odontoblasts by ..
- Tissue-specific regulation of microvascular diameter: opposite functional roles of neuronal and smooth muscle located vanilloid receptor-1Tamás Kark
Division of Clinical Physiology, Institute of Cardiology, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, 22 Moricz Zs krt, 4032, Debrecen, Hungary
Mol Pharmacol 73:1405-12. 2008The transient receptor potential type V1 channel (vanilloid receptor 1, TRPV1) is a Ca(2+)-permeable nonspecific cation channel activated by various painful stimuli including ischemia...
- Nociceptive vascular reflexes evoked by scorpion venom modulate cardiorespiratory parameters involving vanilloid receptor 1 in anaesthetised ratsSanjeev K Singh
Department of Physiology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Neurosci Lett 451:194-8. 2009..Pretreatment with capsazepine, vanilloid receptor 1 (VR1) antagonist, antagonized all the three parameters of cardiorespiratory responses evoked by venom...
- Role of rat sensory neuron-specific receptor (rSNSR1) in inflammatory pain: contribution of TRPV1 to SNSR signaling in the pain pathwayChristian NDong
AstraZeneca R and D Montreal, 7171 Frederick Banting, Ville Saint Laurent, Que, Canada H4S 1Z9
Pain 143:130-7. 2009..in vivo studies revealed that SNSR1 knockdown had no effect on responses to intradermal capsaicin, a selective TRPV1 agonist...
- Role of TRPV1 in high-threshold rat colonic splanchnic afferents is revealed by inflammationBenjamin D Phillis
Nerve Gut Research Laboratory, Hanson Institute, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Neurosci Lett 459:57-61. 2009The vanilloid-1 receptor TRPV1 is known to play a role in extrinsic gastrointestinal afferent function. We investigated the role of TRPV1 in mechanosensitivity in afferents from normal and inflamed tissue...
- Involvement of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 receptors in protease-activated receptor-2-induced joint inflammation and nociceptionZs Helyes
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, H 7624 Pecs, Szigeti u 12, Hungary
Eur J Pain 14:351-8. 2010..on epithelial, endothelial and inflammatory cells, as well as on transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) receptor-expressing neurones. It plays an important role in inflammatory/nociceptive processes...
- Diabetic thermal hyperalgesia: role of TRPV1 and CB1 receptors of periaqueductal grayAhmad Mohammadi-Farani
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Brain Res 1328:49-56. 2010..study we aim to see if diabetic hyperalgesia is related to changes in Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) or Cannabinoid CB1 receptors of periaqueductal gray (PAG)...
- Mechanosensitive transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 channels contribute to vascular remodeling of rat fistula veinsYih Sharng Chen
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Vasc Surg 52:1310-20. 2010..Because mechanosensitive transient receptor potential vanilloid channels (TRPVs) are present in the endothelium, we examined whether the Ca2+-permeable TRPVs play a role in remodeling of fistula veins...
- The blockade of the transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 and fatty acid amide hydrolase decreases symptoms and central sequelae in the medial prefrontal cortex of neuropathic ratsVito De Novellis
Department of Experimental Medicine, Division of Pharmacology, Second University of Naples, Via Costantinopoli 16, 80138 Naples, Italy
Mol Pain 7:7. 2011..In this study, we have investigated the involvement of the transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1) and the catabolic enzyme fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) in the morphofunctional changes occurring in the pre-..
- TRPV1 expression in acupuncture points: response to electroacupuncture stimulationTherese S Abraham
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 41:129-36. 2011The present study was to examine the distribution of transient receptor potential vanilloid type-1 (TRPV1) receptor immunoreactivity in the acupuncture points (acupoint), and determine the influences of electroacupuncture (EA) ..
- TRPV1 receptors modulate retinal developmentMauro Leonelli
Laboratory of Cellular Neurobiology, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 05586 900, Brazil
Int J Dev Neurosci 29:405-13. 2011We investigated the possible participation of TRPV1 channels in retinal apoptosis and overall development. Retinas from newborn, male albino rats were treated in vitro with capsazepine, a TRPV1 antagonist...
- The genomic organization of the gene encoding the vanilloid receptor: evidence for multiple splice variantsQ Xue
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, The University of California, San Francisco, California, 94143 0648, USA
Genomics 76:14-20. 2001Vanilloid receptor subtype-1 (VR1) is a nonselective cation channel that is expressed in sensory neurons and is activated by multiple noxious stimuli...
- Vanilloid receptor expression suggests a sensory role for urinary bladder epithelial cellsL A Birder
Laboratory of Epithelial Cell Biology, Renal Electrolyte Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13396-401. 2001
- Function and regulation of the vanilloid receptor in rats fed a high salt dietJianping Li
Department of Medicine and Neuroscience Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Hypertens 21:1525-30. 2003To test the hypothesis that activation of the vanilloid receptor (VR1) by high salt intake prevents salt-induced increases in arterial pressure via stimulation of release of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) from sensory nerves.
- Vanilloid receptor 1 regulates multiple calcium compartments and contributes to Ca2+-induced Ca2+ release in sensory neuronsLaszlo J Karai
Neuronal Gene Expression Unit, Pain and Neurosensory Mechanisms Branch, NIDCR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:16377-87. 2004b>Vanilloid receptor 1 belongs to the transient receptor potential ion channel family and transduces sensations of noxious heat and inflammatory hyperalgesia in nociceptive neurons...
- Regulated exocytosis contributes to protein kinase C potentiation of vanilloid receptor activityCruz Morenilla-Palao
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Avenida del Ferrocarril s n, 03202 Elche Alicante, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:25665-72. 2004The vanilloid receptor-1 (TRPV1) plays a key role in the perception of peripheral thermal and inflammatory pain. TRPV1 expression and channel activity are notably up-regulated by proalgesic agents...
- Histamine-induced Ca(2+) influx via the PLA(2)/lipoxygenase/TRPV1 pathway in rat sensory neuronsByung Moon Kim
Sensory Research Center, National Creative Research Initiatives, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Shinlim, Kwanak gu, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 361:159-62. 2004..Previously, we demonstrated that bradykinin excited sensory neurons by activating TRPV1 via the phospholipase A(2) (PLA(2)) and lipoxygenase (LO) pathway...
- The mammalian amiloride-insensitive non-specific salt taste receptor is a vanilloid receptor-1 variantVijay Lyall
Department of Physiology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0551, USA
J Physiol 558:147-59. 2004..VR-1 knockout mice demonstrate no functional amiloride-insensitive salt taste receptor and no salt taste sensitivity to vanilloids and temperature. We conclude that the mammalian non-specific salt taste receptor is a VR-1 variant...
- Muscle pressor reflex: potential role of vanilloid type 1 receptor and acid-sensing ion channelJianhua Li
Division of Cardiology, Penn State College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 Univ Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 97:1709-14. 2004..Capsaicin depolarizes thin sensory afferent nerves that have vanilloid type 1 receptors (VR1)...
- Interaction between protein kinase Cmu and the vanilloid receptor type 1Yun Wang
NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
J Biol Chem 279:53674-82. 2004The capsaicin receptor VR1 is a polymodal nociceptor activated by multiple stimuli. It has been reported that protein kinase C plays a role in the sensitization of VR1...
- Gustatory effects of capsaicin that are independent of TRPV1 receptorsRui M Costa
Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Chem Senses 30:i198-200. 2005
- TRPV1 activation results in disruption of the blood-brain barrier in the ratDe en Hu
King s College London, Cardiovascular Division, New Hunt s House, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL
Br J Pharmacol 146:576-84. 2005We have examined the role of TRPV1 activation in disrupting the blood-brain barrier by measuring the permeability of single pial venular capillaries in anaesthetized rats...
- Non-Peptide Somatostatin Agonist AnalgesicsSusan Carlton; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PERIPHERAL SOMATOSTATIN CONTROLS INFLAMMATORY PAINSusan Carlton; Fiscal Year: 2004..Peripheral SST receptors offer novel targets for nociceptor modulation and are likely targets for further development of non-opioid therapies to aid in reducing the pain and long-term deleterious changes that can accompany inflammation. ..
- Molecular Pain MechanismsGerard P Ahern; Fiscal Year: 2010..Extracellular cations and polyamines can directly sensitize and gate the capsaicin receptor TRPV1, an ion channel essential for the development of inflammatory hyperalgesia...
- Role of Vanilloid Receptors in Diabetic Peripheral NeuropathyLOUIS PREMKUMAR; Fiscal Year: 2008..family of ion channels transduces chemical, thermal and mechanical sensation, it is likely that TRP Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) and TRP Vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) are involved DPN...
- Chemosensitivity of Tachykinin-containing Lung AfferentsLu Yuan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results obtained from this study should provide critical information for gaining new insights into the mechanisms underlying the airway hyperresponsiveness induced by cationic proteins. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vanilloid Receptors in Diabetic Peripheral NeuropathyLOUIS PREMKUMAR; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our studies demonstrate that vanilloid receptor-1 (VR1), an ion channel that functions to transmit thermal and inflammatory pain, is potentiated by insulin and IGF1...
- PULMONARY C-NEURON HYPERSENSITIVITY:CELLULAR MECHANISMSLu Yuan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information may, therefore, help to develop new therapeutic strategies for alleviating the symptoms of bronchial hyperreactivity associated with airway mucosal inflammation. ..
- Mechanisms of Nociceptive Neuronal PlasticityARMEN AKOPIAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Brainstem Mechanisms of Craniofacial Muscle PainJIN RO; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Calcium Signaling in Dendritic Cell FunctionGerard Ahern; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 2 tests the impact of endogenous and pharmacologic activators of RyR1 on DC. In Aim 3, we will elucidate the role of calcium-triggered secretion in DC. ..
- Integrins and mechanoreception in the inflames TMJ.NATHANIEL JESKE; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies should generate a fundamental understanding of mechanoreceptive mechanisms involved in TMJ pain and neurogenic inflammation, potentially leading to novel therapeutics. ..
- Cannabinoid-Induced Desensitization of TRPV1 ReceptorsNATHANIEL JESKE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recent work has identified the endocannabinoid anandamide as an agonist at CB1/CB2 receptors, and at the vanilloid TRPV1 receptor where it can sensitize and desensitize ion channel activity...
- Endogenous Activators of Vanilloid ReceptorLOUIS PREMKUMAR; Fiscal Year: 2004Capsaicin or vanilloid receptors (VRs) participate in the sensation of thermal and inflammatory pain. The cloned (VR1) and native VRs are non-selective cation channels directly activated by noxious heat, extracellular protons and ..
- Glutamate Induced Molecular Events Contributing to Chro*KARIN WESTLUND HIGH; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- INTERACTIONS OF TRPV1 AND TRPA1 AND INFLAMMATORY PAINArmen N Akopian; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this application, we propose to test the primary hypothesis that a functional interaction between TRPA1 and TRPV1 channels plays a key role in the integration of inflammation-induced stimuli by sensory neurons...
- Role of TRPV1 in Airway Hypersensitivity Induced by InflammationLu Yuan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent investigations further suggest that the TRPV1 receptor, a non-selective cation channel and a polymodal transducer selectively expressed in C-fiber afferents, is ..