Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tlr8
Description: toll-like receptor 8
Alias: toll-like receptor 8
- Festuccia W, Pouliot P, Bakan I, Sabatini D, Laplante M. Myeloid-specific Rictor deletion induces M1 macrophage polarization and potentiates in vivo pro-inflammatory response to lipopolysaccharide. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e95432 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that approaches aimed at modulating mTORC2 activity may represent a possible therapeutic approach for diseases linked to excessive inflammation. ..
- Zhen A, Krutzik S, Levin B, Kasparian S, Zack J, Kitchen S. CD4 ligation on human blood monocytes triggers macrophage differentiation and enhances HIV infection. J Virol. 2014;88:9934-46 pubmed publisher..Our studies have identified a novel function for the CD4 molecule on peripheral monocytes in triggering macrophage development that has direct consequences for HIV infection. ..
- Kariko K, Buckstein M, Ni H, Weissman D. Suppression of RNA recognition by Toll-like receptors: the impact of nucleoside modification and the evolutionary origin of RNA. Immunity. 2005;23:165-75 pubmed..We show that RNA signals through human TLR3, TLR7, and TLR8, but incorporation of modified nucleosides m5C, m6A, m5U, s2U, or pseudouridine ablates activity...
- Melchjorsen J, Jensen S, Malmgaard L, Rasmussen S, Weber F, Bowie A, et al. Activation of innate defense against a paramyxovirus is mediated by RIG-I and TLR7 and TLR8 in a cell-type-specific manner. J Virol. 2005;79:12944-51 pubmed..RIG-I for activation of an antiviral response, myeloid cells utilized both the single-stranded RNA sensing TLR7 and TLR8 and dsRNA-dependent mechanisms independent of RIG-I, TLR3, and dsRNA-activated protein kinase R to trigger this ..
- Peng G, Guo Z, Kiniwa Y, Voo K, Peng W, Fu T, et al. Toll-like receptor 8-mediated reversal of CD4+ regulatory T cell function. Science. 2005;309:1380-4 pubmed..receptor (TLR) 8 signaling to the control of Treg cell function, in which synthetic and natural ligands for human TLR8 can reverse Treg cell function...
- Tanji H, Ohto U, Shibata T, Taoka M, Yamauchi Y, Isobe T, et al. Toll-like receptor 8 senses degradation products of single-stranded RNA. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2015;22:109-15 pubmed publisherToll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) recognizes viral or bacterial single-stranded RNA (ssRNA) and activates innate immune systems...
- Liu J, Xu C, Hsu L, Luo Y, Xiang R, Chuang T. A five-amino-acid motif in the undefined region of the TLR8 ectodomain is required for species-specific ligand recognition. Mol Immunol. 2010;47:1083-90 pubmed publisherToll-like receptors play important roles in regulating immunity against microbial infections. Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) belongs to a subfamily comprising TLR7, TLR8 and TLR9...