Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tlr6
Description: toll-like receptor 6
Alias: toll-like receptor 6
- Kang J, Nan X, Jin M, Youn S, Ryu Y, Mah S, et al. Recognition of lipopeptide patterns by Toll-like receptor 2-Toll-like receptor 6 heterodimer. Immunity. 2009;31:873-84 pubmed publisher..Its ligand specificity is controlled by whether it heterodimerizes with TLR1 or TLR6. We have determined the crystal structures of TLR2-TLR6-diacylated lipopeptide, TLR2-lipoteichoic acid, and TLR2-PE-..
- Triantafilou M, Gamper F, Haston R, Mouratis M, Morath S, Hartung T, et al. Membrane sorting of toll-like receptor (TLR)-2/6 and TLR2/1 heterodimers at the cell surface determines heterotypic associations with CD36 and intracellular targeting. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:31002-11 pubmed..Our data show that TLR2 forms heterodimers with TLR1 and TLR6 and that these heterodimer pre-exist and are not induced by the ligand...
- Sheedy F, Grebe A, Rayner K, Kalantari P, Ramkhelawon B, Carpenter S, et al. CD36 coordinates NLRP3 inflammasome activation by facilitating intracellular nucleation of soluble ligands into particulate ligands in sterile inflammation. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:812-20 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings highlight the importance of CD36 in the accrual and nucleation of NLRP3 ligands from within the macrophage and position CD36 as a central regulator of inflammasome activation in sterile inflammation. ..
- Krishnegowda G, Hajjar A, Zhu J, Douglass E, Uematsu S, Akira S, et al. Induction of proinflammatory responses in macrophages by the glycosylphosphatidylinositols of Plasmodium falciparum: cell signaling receptors, glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) structural requirement, and regulation of GPI activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8606-16 pubmed..fatty acids (sn-2-lyso-GPIs) appear to differ considerably in the requirement of the auxiliary receptor, TLR1 or TLR6, for recognition by TLR2...
- Tantisira K, Klimecki W, Lazarus R, Palmer L, Raby B, Kwiatkowski D, et al. Toll-like receptor 6 gene (TLR6): single-nucleotide polymorphism frequencies and preliminary association with the diagnosis of asthma. Genes Immun. 2004;5:343-6 pubmedToll-like receptor 6 (TLR6) is one of a series of highly conserved innate immune receptors...
- Kerber Momot T, Leemhuis D, Luhrmann A, Munder A, Tummler B, Pabst R, et al. Beneficial effects of TLR-2/6 ligation in pulmonary bacterial infection and immunization with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Inflammation. 2010;33:58-64 pubmed publisher..The MALP-2 enhanced immunization only resulted in a tendency to clinical improvement. In conclusion, local immunostimulation at the appropriate time can enhance the host defense against bacteria in the lung. ..
- Hübschle T, Mütze J, Muhlradt P, Korte S, Gerstberger R, Roth J. Pyrexia, anorexia, adipsia, and depressed motor activity in rats during systemic inflammation induced by the Toll-like receptors-2 and -6 agonists MALP-2 and FSL-1. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;290:R180-7 pubmed..We could thus demonstrate that activation of TLR-2 and -6 can induce systemic inflammation in rats accompanied by the classical signs of brain-controlled illness responses. ..
- Liu Y, Zhu L, Fatheree N, Liu X, Pacheco S, Tatevian N, et al. Changes in intestinal Toll-like receptors and cytokines precede histological injury in a rat model of necrotizing enterocolitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G442-50 pubmed publisher..of mRNA levels in NEC compared with dam-fed controls for TLR2 > TLR4 > TLR1 = TLR3, TLR7, and TLR9 > TLR6 (P < 0.01); TLR5 was downregulated (P < 0.01)...
- Guo L, Guo K, Wendel H, Schluesener H. Combinations of TLR and NOD2 ligands stimulate rat microglial P2X4R expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:1156-62 pubmed..Thus TLRs and NOD2 combinations are contributors to the signaling cascades resulting in purinergic microglial activation. ..
- Takeuchi O, Kawai T, Sanjo H, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. TLR6: A novel member of an expanding toll-like receptor family. Gene. 1999;231:59-65 pubmed..here the molecular cloning and characterization of a new member of Toll-like receptor family, Toll-like receptor 6 (TLR6)...
- Schröder N, Heine H, Alexander C, Manukyan M, Eckert J, Hamann L, et al. Lipopolysaccharide binding protein binds to triacylated and diacylated lipopeptides and mediates innate immune responses. J Immunol. 2004;173:2683-91 pubmed..These results support that LBP is a pattern recognition receptor transferring a variety of bacterial ligands including the two major types of lipopeptides to CD14 present in different receptor complexes. ..
- Jang T, Park H. Crystal structure of TIR domain of TLR6 reveals novel dimeric interface of TIR-TIR interaction for toll-like receptor signaling pathway. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:3305-3313 pubmed publisher..b>TLR6 working with TLR2 can detect bacterial lipoprotein leading signal for nuclear factor-kappaB activation for immune ..
- Qian F, Zhang Q, Zhou L, Jin G, Bai J, Yin K. Polymorphisms in the toll-like receptor 2 subfamily and risk of asthma: a case-control analysis in a Chinese population. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2010;20:340-6 pubmed..41-0.98; P = .036). Furthermore, a positive association was observed between the T allele of rs2381289 in TLR6 and allergic rhinitis in asthma (OR, 1.79; 95% CI, 1.10-2.91; P = ...
- Kumar H, Kawai T, Akira S. Pathogen recognition by the innate immune system. Int Rev Immunol. 2011;30:16-34 pubmed publisher..In this review, we comprehensively review the recent progress in the field of PAMP recognition by PRRs and the signaling pathways activated by PRRs. ..
- Liu S, Liu Y, Hao W, Wolf L, Kiliaan A, Penke B, et al. TLR2 is a primary receptor for Alzheimer's amyloid ? peptide to trigger neuroinflammatory activation. J Immunol. 2012;188:1098-107 pubmed publisher..By coexpressing TLR1 or TLR6 in TLR2-transgenic HEK293 cells or silencing tlrs genes in RAW264...
- Aplin A, Ligresti G, Fogel E, Zorzi P, Smith K, Nicosia R. Regulation of angiogenesis, mural cell recruitment and adventitial macrophage behavior by Toll-like receptors. Angiogenesis. 2014;17:147-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the TLR system participates in the angiogenic response of the vessel wall to injury and may play an important role in the regulation of inflammatory angiogenesis in reactive and pathologic processes. ..