Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Timp2
Description: TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 2
Alias: metalloproteinase inhibitor 2, TIMP-2, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2
- Tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases are elevated in cerebrospinal fluid of neurodegenerative diseasesS Lorenzl
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street Room A 501, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Neurol Sci 207:71-6. 2003..These findings show that TIMPs are elevated in the CSF of patients with neurodegenerative diseases suggesting a potential role of these endogenous inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases in neurodegenerative diseases...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 inhibits burn-induced derangements and hyperpermeability in microvascular endothelial cellsKatie Wiggins-Dohlvik
Department of Surgery, Texas A and M University Health Science Center College of Medicine and Baylor Scott and White Health, 702 S W H K Dodgen Loop, Temple, TX, 76504, USA
Am J Surg 211:197-205. 2016....
- The skin remodeling in type 1 diabetes and insulin resistance animal modelsM Knas
Institute of Health Care, Higher Vocational School, Suwalki, Poland Research Laboratory of Cosmetology, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Physiol Res 64:875-81. 2015..MMP3), tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (ELISA Kit for Tissue Inhibitors of Metalloproteinase 2 - TIMP2) and content of collagen type 3 (ELISA Kit for Collagen Type III - COL3). The results were reported as a median...
- Histological, histochemical, and protein changes after induced malocclusion by occlusion alteration of Wistar ratsCarolina de Souza Guerra
Department of Morphology, Physiology and Basic Pathology, Ribeirao Preto School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, FORP USP, P O Box 14040 904, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Biomed Res Int 2014:563463. 2014..This knowledge about morphology and molecular masticatory muscle remodeling following environmental interventions can be used to develop clinically successful treatments. ..
- Erythropoietin modulates imbalance of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicityXing Chen
Department of Geriatrics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou 510260, China
Heart Lung Circ 23:772-7. 2014..This study was to investigate fibrosis of DOX-induced cardiotoxicity and determine mechanisms of EPO against extracellular matrix (ECM) remodelling...
- Bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation increases metalloproteinase-9 and 13 and decreases tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 and 2 expression in the liver of cholestatic ratsSimone Nunes de Carvalho
Laboratório Cultura de Células, Departamento de Histologia e Embriologia, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, UERJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cells Tissues Organs 198:139-48. 2013..MMP-9 and MMP-13 were expressed by macrophages near fibrotic septa, suggesting BMMNC may stimulate MMP production in fibrotic livers, contributing to ECM degradation and hepatic regeneration...
- Age-related changes in the expression of gelatinase and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase genes in mandibular condylar, growth plate, and articular cartilage in ratsIchiro Takahashi
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
J Mol Histol 36:355-66. 2005..Therefore, we concluded that TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 were general inhibitors of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in condylar cartilage, while TIMP-3 regulates the collagenolytic degradation of the hypertrophic cartilage matrix...
- Artesunate modulates expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors as well as collagen-IV to attenuate pulmonary fibrosis in ratsY Wang
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Affiliated Hospital of Guilin Medical University, Guilin, Guangxi, China
Genet Mol Res 15:. 2016..These findings suggested that artesunate attenuates alveolitis and pulmonary fibrosis by regulating expression of collagen-IV, TIMP-1 and 2, as well as MMP-2 and -9, to reduce ECM accumulation. ..
- MMP-2 and MMP-9 activities and TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 expression in the prostatic tissue of two ethanol-preferring rat modelsBeatriz Aparecida Fioruci-Fontanelli
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biosciences, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, 18618 970 Botucatu, SP, Brazil Structural and Cell Biology Program, UNICAMP, 13083 862 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Anal Cell Pathol (Amst) 2015:954548. 2015..Furthermore, since these proteins are also components of prostate secretion, the negative impact of chronic ethanol intake on fertility may also involve reduction of MMPs and TIMPs in the seminal fluid. ..
- Regulatory effects of endogenous protease inhibitors in acute lung inflammatory injuryT S Gipson
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Immunol 162:3653-62. 1999..The data suggest that endogenous TIMP-2 and SLPI dynamically regulate the intensity of lung inflammatory injury, doing so at least in part by affecting the generation of the inflammatory mediator, C5a...
- Different expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase family members in rat dorsal root ganglia and their changes after peripheral nerve injuryB Huang
Department of Orthopaedics, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200003, China
Neuroscience 193:421-8. 2011..activity of MMP9 and MMP2 is balanced specifically by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP1) and TIMP2, respectively...
- Membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase, matrix metalloproteinase 2, and tissue inhibitor of matrix proteinase 2 in prostate cancer: identification of patients with poor prognosis by immunohistochemistryDominique Trudel
Department of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec CHUQ and Université Laval, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Hum Pathol 39:731-9. 2008..MMP (MMP14) activates MMP2 using pro-MMP2 specific inhibitor, tissue inhibitor of matrix proteinase 2 (TIMP2), as a receptor...
- [Inulicin inhibits activation and expression of vascular remodeling enzymes induced by de-endothelium]Juan Juan Li
Hebei Laboratory of Medical Biotechnology, Institute of Basic Medicine, Heibei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050017, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 24:156-60. 2008..To observe the effects of inulicin on the neointimal hyperplasia and expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) after balloon injury in rat aorta...
- Cardiac benefits of exercise training in aging spontaneously hypertensive ratsLuciana V Rossoni
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Science, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Hypertens 29:2349-58. 2011..To evaluate the effect of low-intensity chronic exercise training (ExT) on blood pressure (BP), as well as the cardiac alterations associated with hypertension in aging hypertensive rats...
- HIV-1 gp120 upregulates matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in a rat model of HIV encephalopathyJean Pierre Louboutin
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Eur J Neurosci 34:2015-23. 2011..Thus, HIV-1 gp120 upregulated TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in the CP. Prior antioxidant enzyme treatment mitigated production of these TIMPs, probably by reducing MMP expression...
- NDRG2 ameliorates hepatic fibrosis by inhibiting the TGF-β1/Smad pathway and altering the MMP2/TIMP2 ratio in ratsJiandong Yang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
PLoS ONE 6:e27710. 2011..an increase in the ratio of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) to tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP2), which may facilitate the degradation of the ECM...
- Is matrix metalloproteinase required in postnatal testicular tubules for germ cell maturation?Ruili Li
F Douglas Stephens Surgical Research Laboratory, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne 3052, Australia
J Pediatr Surg 47:1724-9. 2012..We aimed to investigate neonatal rodent testis matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) production to see whether MMPs loosen extracellular matrix between Sertoli cells to facilitate gonocyte movement...
- MMP2 role in breast cancer brain metastasis development and its regulation by TIMP2 and ERK1/2Odete Mendes
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 24:341-51. 2007..of BC brain metastasis we transfected ENU1564 rat mammary adenocarcinoma cells with tissue inhibitor of MMP2 (TIMP2)...
- Serum tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) and matrix metalloproteinase-2 in complex with the inhibitor (MMP-2:TIMP-2) as prognostic markers in bladder cancerKaija Vasala
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Clin Biochem 40:640-4. 2007..To examine whether the circulating TIMP-2 or MMP-2:TIMP-2 complex associate with disease-free or cause-specific survival in bladder cancer patients...
- Ectodomain shedding of neuroglycan C, a brain-specific chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan, by TIMP-2- and TIMP-3-sensitive proteolysisTakuya Shuo
Department of Perinatology and Neuroglycoscience, Institute for Developmental Research, Aichi Human Service Center, Kasugai, Aichi, Japan
J Neurochem 102:1561-8. 2007..Both EGF-like and neurite outgrowth-promoting activity of the NGC ectodomain may be regulated by this proteolytic processing...
- Role of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in the progression of cerebral aneurysmsTomohiro Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kawaharacho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Stroke 38:2337-45. 2007..We investigated the role of TIMPs in the progression of cerebral aneurysms in the present study...
- Significant relationship of matrix metalloproteinase 9 with nuclear grade and prognostic impact of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 for incidental clear cell renal cell carcinomaNozomu Kawata
Department of Urology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Urology 69:1049-53. 2007....
- Expression of nm23, MMP-2, TIMP-2 in breast neoplasm in Zhengzhou Center Hospital, ChinaShen Peihong
Department of Pathology, The Chinese Medical Team, the Center of Zhengzhou City Hospital, China
Ethiop Med J 45:79-83. 2007..In recent years, the carcinoma of the breast threatens to women's health heavily. Invasion and metastasis is the main reason that results in the patients death...
- [Effect of interferon-gamma on transforming growth factor beta/Smad signal pathway and expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase-2 in cultured rat mesangial cells]Ai min Xue
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 36:405-9. 2007....
- The roles of MMP-2/TIMP-2 in extracellular matrix remodelling in the hearts of STZ-induced diabetic ratsQian Li
Department of Pediatrics, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Acta Cardiol 62:485-91. 2007....
- Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) induction and inhibition at different doses of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator following experimental strokeDorothe Burggraf
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Thromb Haemost 98:963-9. 2007..This strongly supports use of the lowest effective dosage of rt-PA available...
- [mRNA expression analysis of metastatic markers in clear-cell renal cell carcinoma]K Struckmann
Institut für Klinische Pathologie, Universitatsspital Zurich, Schweiz
Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol 89:178-83. 2005..04 and p = 0.01, respectively). These preliminary results suggest the involvement of CXCR4, MMP-2, and MMP-9 in renal cancer progression...
- [Changes of matrix metalloproteinase 2,9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1, 2, 3 expression level in aged rat lung]Zhi jie Zhao
Department of Geriatris, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 40:101-4. 2008..To investigate the underlying mechanism of age related increase of pulmonary fibrosis incidence..
- Plasma concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase-2, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 and osteopontin reflect severity of heart failure in DOCA-salt hypertensive ratFrank Kramer
Institute for Target Discovery Biomarker, Bayer HealthCare AG, Wuppertal, Germany
Biomarkers 13:270-81. 2008..Based on these findings, it appears reasonable to use plasma markers of fibrosis to monitor the development of heart failure...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases II (TIMP-2) is an osteoanabolic factor in vitro and in vivoFranz Josef Kramer
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, George August University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Eur J Med Res 13:292-8. 2008..In contrast, immature animals are capable to heal defects of identical size. It was our hypothesis that age-related paracrine effects are relevant for this difference in regeneration...
- Regulation of mRNAs encoding MMP-9 and MMP-2, and their inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 by androgens in the rat ventral prostateAnil M Limaye
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Mol Cell Endocrinol 294:10-8. 2008..Taken together our data suggest that the induction of MMP-2, MMP-9, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNAs post-castration could be at least in part due to post-transcriptional stabilization...
- Endothelin and gelatinases in renal changes following blockade of nitric oxide synthase in hypertensive ratsYi Ling Yang
Institute of Biotechnology, National Chia Yi University, Chiayi Republic of China
Chin J Physiol 51:186-95. 2008..L-NAME administration for 5 to 10 days resulted in decreases in MMP2 and MMP9 with increasing TIMP2. After L-NAME for 15 days, opposite changes (increases in MMP2 and MMP9 with a decrease in TIMP2) were observed...
- [The effects of FRNK on expressions of MMP-2 mRNA and TIMP-2 mRNA in hepatic stellate cells]Juan Wei
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050000, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 16:757-61. 2008..To investigate the effects of FAK-related non-kinase (FRNK) on expressions of type I collagen and matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) mRNA and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) mRNA in rat hepatic stellate cells (HSC)...
- ZAK induces MMP-2 activity via JNK/p38 signals and reduces MMP-9 activity by increasing TIMP-1/2 expression in H9c2 cardiomyoblast cellsYi Chang Cheng
Emergency Department, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Cell Biochem 325:69-77. 2009..Taken together, ZAK activity inhibition may be a good strategy to prevent the cardiac fibrosis progression...
- Overexpression of TIMP-2 mediated by recombinant adenovirus in rat abdominal aorta inhibits extracellular matrix degradationXin Zhao
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, The General Hospital of PLA, Beijing, China
Biosci Trends 2:206-10. 2008..This finding provides a new strategy for treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms...
- Changes in TIMP-1 and -2 expression in the early stage of porcine serum-induced liver fibrosis in ratsYasuko Hasegawa-Baba
Nippon Institute for Biological Science, 9 2221 1 Shin machi, Ome, Tokyo 198 0024, Japan
Exp Toxicol Pathol 63:357-61. 2011..In conclusion, the present study showed for the first time the mode of TIMP-1 and -2 expression and activity in the early stage of PS-induced rat liver fibrosis model...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and their natural inhibitors in fibrovascular membranes of proliferative diabetic retinopathyJ Salzmann
Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 84:1091-6. 2000....
- Expression of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in rats with hepatic fibrosisQing He Nie
Chinese PLA Centre of Diagnosis and Treatment for Infectious Diseases, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:86-90. 2004..To investigate the location and expression of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in the liver of normal and experimental hepatic fibrosis in rats...
- Type I collagen-induced MMP-2 activation coincides with up-regulation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase and TIMP-2 in cardiac fibroblastsChun Guo
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, De Montfort University, Leicester LE1 9BH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:46699-708. 2003..These results suggest that the migration and invasion of cardiac fibroblasts is furin-dependent and that the active species of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 may be involved in both events...
- Cellular localization of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the rat ovary throughout pseudopregnancyThomas E Curry
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536, USA
Biol Reprod 67:1943-51. 2002..The distinct pattern of expression of the three TIMPs suggests that each inhibitor may regulate either the site and extent of proteolytic action or specific matrix metalloproteinases at different periods of the luteal life span...
- Evidence that MMP-2 and TIMP-2 are at play in the FSH-induced changes in Sertoli cellsJuliette Longin
INSERM U329, Hopital Debrousse, 29 rue Soeur Bouvier, 69322, Cedex 05, Lyon, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 189:25-35. 2002..MMP-2 and TIMP-2 are likely involved in the FSH-induced changes in Sertoli cells...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase -2, -9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase -1, -2, -3 mRNAs in rat uterus during early pregnancyYun Ge Zhao
The State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Mol Reprod Dev 62:149-58. 2002....
- Expression of matrix metalloproteases (MMP-2, MT1 -MMP) and their tissue inhibitor (TIMP-2) by rat sertoli cells in culture: implications for spermatogenesisM Liliana Slongo
Department of Experimental Biomedical Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Biol Chem 383:235-9. 2002....
- Cardiac remodeling after long term norepinephrine treatment in ratsW Briest
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 27, D 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 52:265-73. 2001..In this study we have tested the hypothesis that degradation of collagen by matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) precedes the deposition of extracellular matrix (ECM) after long term norepinephrine (NE) treatment...
- Differential spatial distribution and temporal regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase mRNA expression during rat central nervous system developmentN Fager
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Given C454, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Mech Dev 98:105-9. 2000..The results clearly demonstrate the unique spatial distribution and temporal regulation of TIMP expression and suggest a distinct role for each TIMP during CNS development...
- Endometase/matrilysin-2 in human breast ductal carcinoma in situ and its inhibition by tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases-2 and -4: a putative role in the initiation of breast cancer invasionYun Ge Zhao
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
Cancer Res 64:590-8. 2004..Higher levels of MMP-26 mRNA were also detected in DCIS cells by in situ hybridization...
- MMP/TIMP expression in spontaneously hypertensive heart failure rats: the effect of ACE- and MMP-inhibitionH Li
Department of Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Division of Warner Lambert Company, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Cardiovasc Res 46:298-306. 2000....
- Differential regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase mRNA expression in response to intracranial injuryD M Jaworski
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Glia 30:199-208. 2000..The expression of Timp-1 in reactive astrocytes and Timp-2 in microglia and neurons suggests these TIMPs may serve distinct functions in response to injury...
- Quantitative trait loci disposing for both experimental arthritis and encephalomyelitis in the DA rat; impact on severity of myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and antibody isotype patternI Dahlman
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 28:2188-96. 1998..We conclude that Cia3 and Oia2 regulate MOG-induced EAE in rats. Furthermore, since both EAE and arthritis phenotypes co-localize to these gene regions, they may harbor genes which are key regulators of pathogenic immune responses...
- Purification, cDNA cloning, and developmental changes in the steady-state mRNA level of rat testicular tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases-2 (TIMP-2)J Grima
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Androl 17:263-75. 1996..The results of this study suggest that TIMP-2 secreted by Sertoli cells may play a role in tissue restructuring and germ cell migration during spermatogenesis...
- A genome scan localizes five non-MHC loci controlling collagen-induced arthritis in ratsE F Remmers
Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Genet 14:82-5. 1996..These genes may also represent novel targets for therapy...
- Cloning and regulation of rat tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 in osteoblastic cellsT F Cook
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri 63104
Arch Biochem Biophys 311:313-20. 1994..However, we conclude that since stimulation of TIMP-2 transcription is a primary event, the PKA pathway must be responsible for a direct increase in transcription of this gene...
- Cloning of the rat tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases type 2 (TIMP-2) gene: analysis of its expression in normal and transformed thyroid cellsM Santoro
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del C N R, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita Degli Studi Di Napoli, Italy
Exp Cell Res 213:398-403. 1994..Finally TIMP-2 was shown to be significantly overexpressed in human thyroid neoplastic cell lines and some tumoral thyroid samples...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase genes in familial moyamoya diseaseHyun Seung Kang
Department of Neurosurgery, Konkuk University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Neurosurgery 58:1074-80; discussion 1074-80. 2006The genes encoding tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP) 4 and TIMP2 span chromosomes 3p24.2-p26 and 17q25, respectively, which are the locations of familial moyamoya disease (FMMD) genes...
- Noninvasive diagnosis of bladder cancer by detection of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9) and their inhibitor (TIMP-2) in urineSanaa Eissa
Oncology Diagnostic Unit, Medical Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Eur Urol 52:1388-96. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the usefulness of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in relation to their inhibitor (TIMP2) as noninvasive diagnostic tests for bilharzial bladder cancer.
- Purification and sequence analysis of two rat tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinasesW T Roswit
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63130
Arch Biochem Biophys 292:402-10. 1992..Exposure of UMR 106-01 cells to 10(-7) M parathyroid hormone resulted in approximately a 40% increase in total inhibitor production over basal levels...
- Modified synthetic siRNA targeting tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 inhibits hepatic fibrogenesis in ratsYing Bin Hu
Department of Digestive Diseases, Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, 1665 Kongjiang Road, Shanghai, 200092, P R China
J Gene Med 9:217-29. 2007..We investigate the effect of modified synthetic small interfering RNA (siRNA) targeting TIMP-2 in rat model of liver fibrosis...
- Epigenetic inactivation of the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) gene in human prostate tumorsS M Pulukuri
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, IL 61656, USA
Oncogene 26:5229-37. 2007..These results suggest that the downregulation of the TIMP-2 gene is associated with promoter methylation and that this may play an important role in prostate cancer progression during the invasive and metastatic stages of the disease...
- Serum levels of matrix metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 and their tissue natural inhibitors in breast tumorsD Jinga
Cantacuzino National Institute of Research and Development for Microbiology and Immunology, Bucharest, Romania
Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol 63:141-58. 2004..3 and CEA) not correlated between but, each of them correlated with another clinicopathological disease variable, suggesting their usefulness in the evaluation...
- [Metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 and their inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 levels in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes]Bozena Florys
II Klinika Chorób Dzieci w Białymstoku, Białystok
Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw 12:184-9. 2006..The metalloproteinases inhibitors (TIMPs) are regulatory factors in this activity. Not all regulating mechanisms are completely known, especially in patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Endometrial tumor invasiveness is related to metalloproteinase 2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 expressionsO Graesslin
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Paris, France
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1911-7. 2006..These results support the involvement of MMPs and TIMPs in endometrial tumor growth and progression. High MMP-2 and low TIMP-2 expression were the most potent markers of endometrial tumors with a high risk of local and distant spread...
- Combined determination of plasma MMP2, MMP9, and TIMP1 improves the non-invasive detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderAndrea Staack
Department of Urology, University Hospital Charite, CCM, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
BMC Urol 6:19. 2006..The goal of this study is to evaluate the diagnostic value of various circulating MMPs and TIMPs in blood plasma for a non-invasive detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder (TCC)...
- Effect of losartan on the mRNA expressions of MT3-MMP and TIMP-2 in diabetic kidneysHe lin Ding
Department of Endocrinology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Rev Diabet Stud 2:216-20. 2005....
- Loss of flow induces leukocyte-mediated MMP/TIMP imbalance in dynamic in vitro blood-brain barrier model: role of pro-inflammatory cytokinesLjiljana Krizanac-Bengez
Cerebrovascular Research Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C740-9. 2006..These data indicate that blood leukocytes and loss of flow are major factors in the activation of MMP-2, and that cytokine-mediated differential regulation of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 may contribute significantly to BBB failure...
- Distribution and expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase in dorsal root entry zone and dorsal column after dorsal root injuryXinyu Zhang
Neuroscience Centre, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary, University of London, London, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Res 84:278-90. 2006..enter the spinal cord, we used in situ hybridization and immunocytochemistry to examine the expression of TIMP1, TIMP2, and TIMP3 in the dorsal root, dorsal root entry zone (DREZ), and dorsal column after dorsal root injury in adult ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and its tissue inhibitor (TIMP-2) are prognostic factors in cervical cancer, related to invasive disease but not to high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) or virus persistence after treatment of CINM Branca
Unità Citoistopatologia, Centro Nazionale di Epidemiologia, Sorveglianza e Promozione della Salute, Rome
Anticancer Res 26:1543-56. 2006..Their associations to high-risk (HR) human papillomavirus (HPV) in cervical intra-epithelial neoplasia (CIN) and cervical cancer (CC) are unexplored and their prognostic significance in CC remains controversial...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 promotes neuronal differentiation by acting as an anti-mitogenic signalLeonor Perez-Martinez
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Neurosci 25:4917-29. 2005....
- Increased mRNA expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 and -2 in Duchenne muscular dystrophyArpad von Moers
Department of Neuropediatrics, Charite, University Medical Center Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 109:285-93. 2005..TIMP-1 should be investigated further as a promising target for pharmacological intervention to prevent muscle fibrosis in DMD...
- Increased circulating matrix metalloproteinase-2 in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with systolic dysfunctionYoshihiro Noji
Molecular Genetics of Cardiovascular Disorders, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Japan
Circ J 68:355-60. 2004..Recently, matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and tissue inhibitors of MMPs (TIMPs) were reported to be involved in ventricular remodeling, however, little is known about MMPs and TIMPs in patients with HCM...
- Osteoblasts and osteocytes express MMP2 and -8 and TIMP1, -2, and -3 along with extracellular matrix molecules during appositional bone formationKouki Hatori
Division of Advanced Prosthetic Dentistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 277:262-71. 2004..Osteoblasts and osteocytes may reorganize the ECM composition to mature the bone matrix in appositional bone formation...