Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Timp2
Description: TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 2
Alias: metalloproteinase inhibitor 2, TIMP-2, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2
- Lorenzl S, Albers D, LeWitt P, Chirichigno J, Hilgenberg S, Cudkowicz M, et al. Tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases are elevated in cerebrospinal fluid of neurodegenerative diseases. J Neurol Sci. 2003;207:71-6 pubmed..These findings show that TIMPs are elevated in the CSF of patients with neurodegenerative diseases suggesting a potential role of these endogenous inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Kramer F, Sandner P, Klein M, Krahn T. Plasma concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase-2, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 and osteopontin reflect severity of heart failure in DOCA-salt hypertensive rat. Biomarkers. 2008;13:270-81 pubmed..Based on these findings, it appears reasonable to use plasma markers of fibrosis to monitor the development of heart failure. ..
- Aoki T, Kataoka H, Moriwaki T, Nozaki K, Hashimoto N. Role of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in the progression of cerebral aneurysms. Stroke. 2007;38:2337-45 pubmed..There is an imbalance between MMPs and TIMPs in the late stage of cerebral aneurysm formation, which may be responsible for ECM degradation leading to the progression and rupture of cerebral aneurysms. ..
- von Moers A, Zwirner A, Reinhold A, Brückmann O, van Landeghem F, Stoltenburg Didinger G, et al. Increased mRNA expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 and -2 in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Acta Neuropathol. 2005;109:285-93 pubmed..TIMP-1 should be investigated further as a promising target for pharmacological intervention to prevent muscle fibrosis in DMD. ..
- Vasala K, Turpeenniemi Hujanen T. Serum tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) and matrix metalloproteinase-2 in complex with the inhibitor (MMP-2:TIMP-2) as prognostic markers in bladder cancer. Clin Biochem. 2007;40:640-4 pubmed..The results indicate that TIMP-2 and MMP-2:TIMP-2 complex associate with favorable clinical course and could be used as a novel prognostic indicators in bladder cancer. ..
- Noji Y, Shimizu M, Ino H, Higashikata T, Yamaguchi M, Nohara A, et al. Increased circulating matrix metalloproteinase-2 in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with systolic dysfunction. Circ J. 2004;68:355-60 pubmed..These results suggest that changes in the release and activity of MMP-2 and TIMP-2 may be associated with the mechanisms responsible for cardiac remodeling in patients with HCM. ..
- Takahashi I, Onodera K, Bae J, Mitani H, Sasano Y, Mitani H. Age-related changes in the expression of gelatinase and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase genes in mandibular condylar, growth plate, and articular cartilage in rats. J Mol Histol. 2005;36:355-66 pubmed..Therefore, we concluded that TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 were general inhibitors of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in condylar cartilage, while TIMP-3 regulates the collagenolytic degradation of the hypertrophic cartilage matrix. ..
- Yang J, Zheng J, Wu L, Shi M, Zhang H, Wang X, et al. NDRG2 ameliorates hepatic fibrosis by inhibiting the TGF-?1/Smad pathway and altering the MMP2/TIMP2 ratio in rats. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27710 pubmed publisher..an increase in the ratio of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) to tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP2), which may facilitate the degradation of the ECM...
- Yoshiba N, Yoshiba K, Stoetzel C, Perrin Schmitt F, Cam Y, Ruch J, et al. Temporospatial gene expression and protein localization of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors during mouse molar tooth development. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:105-12 pubmed..The distinct temporospatial distribution patterns of the TIMPs suggest that these inhibitors play several intrinsic roles during tooth development. ..
- Li Q, Sun S, Wang Y, Tian Y, Liu M. The roles of MMP-2/TIMP-2 in extracellular matrix remodelling in the hearts of STZ-induced diabetic rats. Acta Cardiol. 2007;62:485-91 pubmed..The correlation between the serum level and cardiac expression of TIMP-2 in diabetic rats suggested that serum TIMP-2 level may be a viable marker for early diagnosis of diabetic myocardiopathy. ..
- Kawata N, Nagane Y, Hirakata H, Ichinose T, Okada Y, Yamaguchi K, et al. Significant relationship of matrix metalloproteinase 9 with nuclear grade and prognostic impact of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 for incidental clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Urology. 2007;69:1049-53 pubmed..Although ICRCC is well known for having a favorable prognosis, patients with tumors having a high nuclear grade and strongly expressed MMP-9 and TIMP-2 should undergo strict postoperative follow-up. ..
- Pérez Martínez L, Jaworski D. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 promotes neuronal differentiation by acting as an anti-mitogenic signal. J Neurosci. 2005;25:4917-29 pubmed
- Eissa S, Ali Labib R, Swellam M, Bassiony M, Tash F, El Zayat T. Noninvasive diagnosis of bladder cancer by detection of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9) and their inhibitor (TIMP-2) in urine. Eur Urol. 2007;52:1388-96 pubmed..The aim of this study was to assess the usefulness of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in relation to their inhibitor (TIMP2) as noninvasive diagnostic tests for bilharzial bladder cancer...
- Trudel D, Fradet Y, Meyer F, Harel F, Tetu B. Membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase, matrix metalloproteinase 2, and tissue inhibitor of matrix proteinase 2 in prostate cancer: identification of patients with poor prognosis by immunohistochemistry. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:731-9 pubmed publisher..MMP (MMP14) activates MMP2 using pro-MMP2 specific inhibitor, tissue inhibitor of matrix proteinase 2 (TIMP2), as a receptor...
- Li H, Simon H, Bocan T, Peterson J. MMP/TIMP expression in spontaneously hypertensive heart failure rats: the effect of ACE- and MMP-inhibition. Cardiovasc Res. 2000;46:298-306 pubmed..The divergent effect of MMPi and ACEi on collagen mRNA levels and hypertrophy indicate that drug efficacy is mediated by different pathways in the SHHF rat. ..
- Xue A, Wu H, Zhang Z, Liu X, Chen Q, Guo M. [Effect of interferon-gamma on transforming growth factor beta/Smad signal pathway and expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase-2 in cultured rat mesangial cells]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2007;36:405-9 pubmed..The therapeutic effect of IFN-gamma of renal fibrosis may be mediated by TGF-beta/smads signal pathway through up-regulation of MMP-2 expression, coupled with down-regulation of TIMP-2 expression. ..
- Longin J, le Magueresse Battistoni B. Evidence that MMP-2 and TIMP-2 are at play in the FSH-induced changes in Sertoli cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;189:25-35 pubmed..MMP-2 and TIMP-2 are likely involved in the FSH-induced changes in Sertoli cells. ..
- Limaye A, Desai K, Chavalmane A, Kondaiah P. Regulation of mRNAs encoding MMP-9 and MMP-2, and their inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 by androgens in the rat ventral prostate. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;294:10-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together our data suggest that the induction of MMP-2, MMP-9, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNAs post-castration could be at least in part due to post-transcriptional stabilization. ..
- Jinga D, Stefanescu M, Blidaru A, Condrea I, Pistol G, Matache C. Serum levels of matrix metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 and their tissue natural inhibitors in breast tumors. Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol. 2004;63:141-58 pubmed..3 and CEA) not correlated between but, each of them correlated with another clinicopathological disease variable, suggesting their usefulness in the evaluation. ..
- Zhao Y, Xiao A, Park H, Newcomer R, Yan M, Man Y, et al. Endometase/matrilysin-2 in human breast ductal carcinoma in situ and its inhibition by tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases-2 and -4: a putative role in the initiation of breast cancer invasion. Cancer Res. 2004;64:590-8 pubmed..Higher levels of MMP-26 mRNA were also detected in DCIS cells by in situ hybridization...
- Hasegawa Baba Y, Doi K. Changes in TIMP-1 and -2 expression in the early stage of porcine serum-induced liver fibrosis in rats. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2011;63:357-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study showed for the first time the mode of TIMP-1 and -2 expression and activity in the early stage of PS-induced rat liver fibrosis model. ..
- Rossoni L, Oliveira R, Caffaro R, Miana M, Sanz Rosa D, Koike M, et al. Cardiac benefits of exercise training in aging spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2011;29:2349-58 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the data support a beneficial effect of ExT in aging SHR similar to that reported in young or middle-aged individuals, confirming that exercise is a healthy habit that induces cardiac improvements independently of age. ..
- Batra J, Soares A, Mehner C, Radisky E. Matrix metalloproteinase-10/TIMP-2 structure and analyses define conserved core interactions and diverse exosite interactions in MMP/TIMP complexes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75836 pubmed publisher..Formation of highly variable exosite interactions may provide a general mechanism by which TIMPs are fine-tuned for distinct regulatory roles in biology. ..
- KnaÅ› M, WoÅ‚osik K, Zalewska A, Mikucka Niczyporuk A, Kasacka I, Niczyporuk M. The skin remodeling in type 1 diabetes and insulin resistance animal models. Physiol Res. 2015;64:875-81 pubmed..MMP3), tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (ELISA Kit for Tissue Inhibitors of Metalloproteinase 2 - TIMP2) and content of collagen type 3 (ELISA Kit for Collagen Type III - COL3). The results were reported as a median...
- Santoro M, Battaglia C, Zhang L, Carlomagno F, Martelli M, Salvatore D, et al. Cloning of the rat tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases type 2 (TIMP-2) gene: analysis of its expression in normal and transformed thyroid cells. Exp Cell Res. 1994;213:398-403 pubmed..Finally TIMP-2 was shown to be significantly overexpressed in human thyroid neoplastic cell lines and some tumoral thyroid samples. ..
- Zhao Z, Liu X, Zhou G. [Changes of matrix metalloproteinase 2,9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1, 2, 3 expression level in aged rat lung]. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2008;40:101-4 pubmed..17 +/- 0.13, P<0.01) MMP2 mRNA expression and TIMP 1,2,3 mRNA expressions (TIMP1 2.00 +/- 1.74 vs 0.11 +/- 0.06,TIMP2 7.60 +/- 2.51 vs 2.69 +/- 1.76, TIMP3 1.32 +/- 0.46 vs 0.29 +/- 0.16, P<0.01)...
- Hu Y, Li D, Lu H. Modified synthetic siRNA targeting tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 inhibits hepatic fibrogenesis in rats. J Gene Med. 2007;9:217-29 pubmed..Knock-down of TIMP-2 expression attenuates CCl4-induced liver fibrosis and is a potential pharmacological target for gene therapy in liver fibrosis. ..
- Nishino K, Yamanouchi K, Naito K, Tojo H. Matrix metalloproteinases regulate mesonephric cell migration in developing XY gonads which correlates with the inhibition of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3 by Sry. Dev Growth Differ. 2002;44:35-43 pubmed..These findings are an important clue for the elucidation of testicular formation in developing gonads. ..
- Caterina J, Yamada S, Caterina N, Longenecker G, Holmbäck K, Shi J, et al. Inactivating mutation of the mouse tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2(Timp-2) gene alters proMMP-2 activation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:26416-22 pubmed..e. at low concentrations, TIMP-2 exerts a "catalytic" or enhancing effect on cell-mediated proMMP-2 activation, whereas at higher concentrations, TIMP-2 inhibits the activation and/or activity of MMP-2. ..
- Grima J, Calcagno K, Cheng C. Purification, cDNA cloning, and developmental changes in the steady-state mRNA level of rat testicular tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases-2 (TIMP-2). J Androl. 1996;17:263-75 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that TIMP-2 secreted by Sertoli cells may play a role in tissue restructuring and germ cell migration during spermatogenesis. ..
- Hatori K, Sasano Y, Takahashi I, Kamakura S, Kagayama M, Sasaki K. Osteoblasts and osteocytes express MMP2 and -8 and TIMP1, -2, and -3 along with extracellular matrix molecules during appositional bone formation. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2004;277:262-71 pubmed..Osteoblasts and osteocytes may reorganize the ECM composition to mature the bone matrix in appositional bone formation. ..
- Slongo M, Zampieri M, Onisto M. Expression of matrix metalloproteases (MMP-2, MT1 -MMP) and their tissue inhibitor (TIMP-2) by rat sertoli cells in culture: implications for spermatogenesis. Biol Chem. 2002;383:235-9 pubmed
- Burggraf D, Martens H, Dichgans M, Hamann G. Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) induction and inhibition at different doses of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator following experimental stroke. Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:963-9 pubmed..This strongly supports use of the lowest effective dosage of rt-PA available. ..
- Curry T, Wheeler S. Cellular localization of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the rat ovary throughout pseudopregnancy. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:1943-51 pubmed..The distinct pattern of expression of the three TIMPs suggests that each inhibitor may regulate either the site and extent of proteolytic action or specific matrix metalloproteinases at different periods of the luteal life span. ..
- Wang Z, Juttermann R, Soloway P. TIMP-2 is required for efficient activation of proMMP-2 in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:26411-5 pubmed..Mutant mice were overtly normal, viable, and fertile on the C57BL/6 background, indicating that both TIMP-2 and activated proMMP-2 are dispensable for normal development. ..
- Graesslin O, Cortez A, Uzan C, Birembaut P, Quereux C, Darai E. Endometrial tumor invasiveness is related to metalloproteinase 2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 expressions. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:1911-7 pubmed..These results support the involvement of MMPs and TIMPs in endometrial tumor growth and progression. High MMP-2 and low TIMP-2 expression were the most potent markers of endometrial tumors with a high risk of local and distant spread. ..
- Remmers E, Longman R, Du Y, O HARE A, Cannon G, Griffiths M, et al. A genome scan localizes five non-MHC loci controlling collagen-induced arthritis in rats. Nat Genet. 1996;14:82-5 pubmed..These genes may also represent novel targets for therapy. ..
- Krizanac Bengez L, Hossain M, Fazio V, Mayberg M, Janigro D. Loss of flow induces leukocyte-mediated MMP/TIMP imbalance in dynamic in vitro blood-brain barrier model: role of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C740-9 pubmed..These data indicate that blood leukocytes and loss of flow are major factors in the activation of MMP-2, and that cytokine-mediated differential regulation of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 may contribute significantly to BBB failure. ..
- Lu J, Hao J, Du H, Xiao B, Li Y, Yang X, et al. Amlodipine and Atorvastatin Improved Hypertensive Cardiac Remodeling through Regulation of MMPs/TIMPs in SHR Rats. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:47-60 pubmed publisher..Amlodipine and Atorvastatin could improve ventricular remodeling in SHR rats through intervention with the imbalance of MMP-2/TIMP-2 and MMP-9/TIMP-1 system. ..
- Yang Y, Liu D, Hsieh N, Chen H. Endothelin and gelatinases in renal changes following blockade of nitric oxide synthase in hypertensive rats. Chin J Physiol. 2008;51:186-95 pubmed..L-NAME administration for 5 to 10 days resulted in decreases in MMP2 and MMP9 with increasing TIMP2. After L-NAME for 15 days, opposite changes (increases in MMP2 and MMP9 with a decrease in TIMP2) were observed...
- Dahlman I, Lorentzen J, de Graaf K, Stefferl A, Linington C, Luthman H, et al. Quantitative trait loci disposing for both experimental arthritis and encephalomyelitis in the DA rat; impact on severity of myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and antibody isotype pattern. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:2188-96 pubmed..We conclude that Cia3 and Oia2 regulate MOG-induced EAE in rats. Furthermore, since both EAE and arthritis phenotypes co-localize to these gene regions, they may harbor genes which are key regulators of pathogenic immune responses. ..
- Roswit W, McCourt D, Partridge N, Jeffrey J. Purification and sequence analysis of two rat tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1992;292:402-10 pubmed..Exposure of UMR 106-01 cells to 10(-7) M parathyroid hormone resulted in approximately a 40% increase in total inhibitor production over basal levels. ..
- Briest W, Holzl A, Rassler B, Deten A, Leicht M, Baba H, et al. Cardiac remodeling after long term norepinephrine treatment in rats. Cardiovasc Res. 2001;52:265-73 pubmed..the degradation pathway of collagen by measuring the mRNA and activity of myocardial MMP-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP-2) as well as the protein level of TIMP-2...
- Branca M, Ciotti M, Giorgi C, Santini D, di Bonito L, Costa S, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and its tissue inhibitor (TIMP-2) are prognostic factors in cervical cancer, related to invasive disease but not to high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) or virus persistence after treatment of CIN. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:1543-56 pubmed..A combination of a TIMP-2 assay with another test showing high SE and high NPV (e.g., HCII for HPV) should provide a potential screening tool capable of accurate detection of CIN. ..
- Kang H, Kim S, Cho B, Kim Y, Hwang Y, Wang K. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase genes in familial moyamoya disease. Neurosurgery. 2006;58:1074-80; discussion 1074-80 pubmedThe genes encoding tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP) 4 and TIMP2 span chromosomes 3p24.2-p26 and 17q25, respectively, which are the locations of familial moyamoya disease (FMMD) genes...
- Mendes O, Kim H, Lungu G, Stoica G. MMP2 role in breast cancer brain metastasis development and its regulation by TIMP2 and ERK1/2. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2007;24:341-51 pubmed..of BC brain metastasis we transfected ENU1564 rat mammary adenocarcinoma cells with tissue inhibitor of MMP2 (TIMP2)...
- Louboutin J, Reyes B, Agrawal L, Van Bockstaele E, Strayer D. HIV-1 gp120 upregulates matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in a rat model of HIV encephalopathy. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;34:2015-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, HIV-1 gp120 upregulated TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in the CP. Prior antioxidant enzyme treatment mitigated production of these TIMPs, probably by reducing MMP expression. ..
- Guerra C, Carla Lara Pereira Y, Issa J, Luiz K, Guimarães E, Gerlach R, et al. Histological, histochemical, and protein changes after induced malocclusion by occlusion alteration of Wistar rats. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:563463 pubmed publisher..This knowledge about morphology and molecular masticatory muscle remodeling following environmental interventions can be used to develop clinically successful treatments. ..
- Nie Q, Duan G, Luo X, Xie Y, Luo H, Zhou Y, et al. Expression of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in rats with hepatic fibrosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:86-90 pubmed..In the process of hepatic fibrosis, fibroblasts and myofibroblasts are the major cells that express TIMPs. The more serious the hepatic fibrosis is in the injured liver, the higher the level of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 gene expression. ..
- Salzmann J, Limb G, Khaw P, Gregor Z, Webster L, Chignell A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinases and their natural inhibitors in fibrovascular membranes of proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Br J Ophthalmol. 2000;84:1091-6 pubmed
- Zhang X, Bo X, Anderson P, Lieberman A, Zhang Y. Distribution and expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase in dorsal root entry zone and dorsal column after dorsal root injury. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:278-90 pubmed..enter the spinal cord, we used in situ hybridization and immunocytochemistry to examine the expression of TIMP1, TIMP2, and TIMP3 in the dorsal root, dorsal root entry zone (DREZ), and dorsal column after dorsal root injury in adult ..
- Fioruci Fontanelli B, Chuffa L, Mendes L, Pinheiro P, Delella F, Kurokawa C, et al. MMP-2 and MMP-9 activities and TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 expression in the prostatic tissue of two ethanol-preferring rat models. Anal Cell Pathol (Amst). 2015;2015:954548 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, since these proteins are also components of prostate secretion, the negative impact of chronic ethanol intake on fertility may also involve reduction of MMPs and TIMPs in the seminal fluid. ..
- Peihong S, Perry F. Expression of nm23, MMP-2, TIMP-2 in breast neoplasm in Zhengzhou Center Hospital, China. Ethiop Med J. 2007;45:79-83 pubmed
- Chen X, Guo Z, Wang P, Xu M. Erythropoietin modulates imbalance of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity. Heart Lung Circ. 2014;23:772-7 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that EPO can exert a cardioprotective effect on DOX-induced cardiotoxicity which may be associated with improving MMP-2/TIMP-2 imbalance. ..
- Prutkina E, Sepp A, Tsybikov N. [Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor type 2 in the lung in relation to the stage of experimental respiratory distress syndrome]. Arkh Patol. 2012;74:23-7 pubmed..In progressive ARDS, the expression of TIMP-2 increased only in the neutrophils, endotheliocytes, and fibroblasts, remaining to be equal over all stages. ..
- Zhao Y, Xiao A, Cao X, Zhu C. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase -2, -9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase -1, -2, -3 mRNAs in rat uterus during early pregnancy. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;62:149-58 pubmed
- Guo C, Piacentini L. Type I collagen-induced MMP-2 activation coincides with up-regulation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase and TIMP-2 in cardiac fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:46699-708 pubmed..These results suggest that the migration and invasion of cardiac fibroblasts is furin-dependent and that the active species of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 may be involved in both events. ..
- Pulukuri S, Patibandla S, Patel J, Estes N, Rao J. Epigenetic inactivation of the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) gene in human prostate tumors. Oncogene. 2007;26:5229-37 pubmed..These results suggest that the downregulation of the TIMP-2 gene is associated with promoter methylation and that this may play an important role in prostate cancer progression during the invasive and metastatic stages of the disease. ..
- Wiggins Dohlvik K, Oakley R, Han M, Stagg H, Alluri H, Shaji C, et al. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 inhibits burn-induced derangements and hyperpermeability in microvascular endothelial cells. Am J Surg. 2016;211:197-205 pubmed publisher..These links warrant further investigation. ..
- Wei J, Zhang X, Yao D, Huo X, Shen J, Dun Z. [The effects of FRNK on expressions of MMP-2 mRNA and TIMP-2 mRNA in hepatic stellate cells]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2008;16:757-61 pubmed..After FRNK was transfected, the capability of type I collagen synthesis in HSC was inhibited, which may be related to the up-regulation of MMP-2 mRNA/TIMP-2 mRNA. ..
- Cook T, Burke J, Bergman K, Quinn C, Jeffrey J, Partridge N. Cloning and regulation of rat tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 in osteoblastic cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1994;311:313-20 pubmed..However, we conclude that since stimulation of TIMP-2 transcription is a primary event, the PKA pathway must be responsible for a direct increase in transcription of this gene. ..
- Florys B, Głowińska B, Urban M, Peczynska J. [Metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 and their inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 levels in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes]. Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw. 2006;12:184-9 pubmed..2. Age, diabetes duration, metabolic control, BMI and lipids levels have influence on the MMPs/TIMPs system. 3. TIMP-1 is supposed to be the key marker of metabolic disturbances in type 1 diabetes. ..
- Staack A, Badendieck S, Schnorr D, Loening S, Jung K. Combined determination of plasma MMP2, MMP9, and TIMP1 improves the non-invasive detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. BMC Urol. 2006;6:19 pubmed..In this study the concentrations of MMP1, MMP2, MMP3, MMP9, their inhibitors TIMP1, TIMP2, and the MMP1/TIMP1-complex (MTC1) were quantified in blood plasma with the sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent ..
- Lee E, Kim H. The anti-inflammatory role of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated microglia. J Neuroinflammation. 2014;11:116 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrated that TIMP-2 exerts a neuroprotective effect via the inhibition of microglial activation. Enhancement of TIMP-2 expression may be a potential therapeutic target for neuroinflammatory disorders...
- Wang Y, Huang G, Mo B, Wang C. Artesunate modulates expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors as well as collagen-IV to attenuate pulmonary fibrosis in rats. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that artesunate attenuates alveolitis and pulmonary fibrosis by regulating expression of collagen-IV, TIMP-1 and 2, as well as MMP-2 and -9, to reduce ECM accumulation. ..
- Huang B, Zhao X, Zheng L, Zhang L, Ni B, Wang Y. Different expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase family members in rat dorsal root ganglia and their changes after peripheral nerve injury. Neuroscience. 2011;193:421-8 pubmed publisher..activity of MMP9 and MMP2 is balanced specifically by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP1) and TIMP2, respectively...
- Struckmann K, Mertz K, Staller P, Krek W, Schraml P, Moch H. [mRNA expression analysis of metastatic markers in clear-cell renal cell carcinoma]. Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol. 2005;89:178-83 pubmed..04 and p = 0.01, respectively). These preliminary results suggest the involvement of CXCR4, MMP-2, and MMP-9 in renal cancer progression. ..
- Fager N, Jaworski D. Differential spatial distribution and temporal regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase mRNA expression during rat central nervous system development. Mech Dev. 2000;98:105-9 pubmed..The results clearly demonstrate the unique spatial distribution and temporal regulation of TIMP expression and suggest a distinct role for each TIMP during CNS development. ..
- Li R, Zhang J, CHURCHILL J, Sourial M, Southwell B, Hutson J. Is matrix metalloproteinase required in postnatal testicular tubules for germ cell maturation?. J Pediatr Surg. 2012;47:1724-9 pubmed publisher..were captured for presence of membrane type 1 MMP (MT1-MMP), matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2), tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP2), mouse VASA homologue, anti-Müllerian hormone, and androgen receptor in tissue sections...
- Li J, Wen J, Han M. [Inulicin inhibits activation and expression of vascular remodeling enzymes induced by de-endothelium]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2008;24:156-60 pubmed..Inulicin inhibits hyperplasia of neointima by modulating the balance of MMP-2 and TIMP-2. ..
- Wada K, Sato H, Kinoh H, Kajita M, Yamamoto H, Seiki M. Cloning of three Caenorhabditis elegans genes potentially encoding novel matrix metalloproteinases. Gene. 1998;211:57-62 pubmed..elegans MMPs are structurally closely related with those of mammalian MMPs. ..
- Zhao X, Li H, Dong J, Kokudo N, Tang W. Overexpression of TIMP-2 mediated by recombinant adenovirus in rat abdominal aorta inhibits extracellular matrix degradation. Biosci Trends. 2008;2:206-10 pubmed..This finding provides a new strategy for treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms. ..
- Jaworski D. Differential regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase mRNA expression in response to intracranial injury. Glia. 2000;30:199-208 pubmed..The expression of Timp-1 in reactive astrocytes and Timp-2 in microglia and neurons suggests these TIMPs may serve distinct functions in response to injury. ..
- Nunes de Carvalho S, Helal Neto E, de Andrade D, Costa Cortez E, Thole A, Barja Fidalgo C, et al. Bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation increases metalloproteinase-9 and 13 and decreases tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 and 2 expression in the liver of cholestatic rats. Cells Tissues Organs. 2013;198:139-48 pubmed publisher..MMP-9 and MMP-13 were expressed by macrophages near fibrotic septa, suggesting BMMNC may stimulate MMP production in fibrotic livers, contributing to ECM degradation and hepatic regeneration. ..
- Cheng Y, Kuo W, Wu H, Lai T, Wu C, Hwang J, et al. ZAK induces MMP-2 activity via JNK/p38 signals and reduces MMP-9 activity by increasing TIMP-1/2 expression in H9c2 cardiomyoblast cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;325:69-77 pubmed publisher..Taken together, ZAK activity inhibition may be a good strategy to prevent the cardiac fibrosis progression. ..
- Ding H, Xu M, Guo Y, Chen L, Zhang S, Li F, et al. Effect of losartan on the mRNA expressions of MT3-MMP and TIMP-2 in diabetic kidneys. Rev Diabet Stud. 2005;2:216-20 pubmed..05). We conclude that MT3-MMP and TIMP-2 production in the renal cortex of diabetic kidneys is increased. Losartan can prevent the development of diabetic nephropathy by decreasing MT3-MMP and TIMP2 production in diabetic kidneys.