Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Timp1
Description: TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 1
Alias: TIMP-1, Timp, metalloproteinase inhibitor 1, tissue inhibitor of metallopeptidase 1, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Expression of gelatinases A and B, and TIMPs 1 and 2 during corneal wound healingH Q Ye
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 39:913-21. 1998To determine the expression of gelatinases A and B and the localization of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 and TIMP-2 during the early stages of corneal wound healing in rats. METHODS...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 levels in patients with hypertension Relationship to tissue Doppler indices of diastolic relaxationMuzahir H Tayebjee
Haemostasis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Am J Hypertens 17:770-4. 2004..Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) is linked to extracellular matrix fibrosis and is elevated in hypertension...
- Cytokine blockade inhibits hepatic tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 expression and up-regulates matrix metalloproteinase-9 in toxic liver injuryMartin Roderfeld
Department of Gastroenterology Medical Clinic 11, University Hospital, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Liver Int 26:579-86. 2006Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-1, the most important endogenous inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases, plays a pivotal role in the pathogenesis of liver fibrosis and may represent an effective therapeutic target in the ..
- [The changes and effects of metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 protein and mRNA expression in the lung tissue of neonatal rats with chronic lung disease induced by hyperoxia]Xue Yan Liu
Department of Pediatrics, the Shengjing Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, Liaoning, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:72-5. 2008To investigate the dynamic changes and the effects of metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) mRNA in lungs of neonatal rats after inhaling high concentration of oxygen.
- [The effect of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell transplantation on diabetic cardiomyopathy]Nan Zhang
Department of Endocrinology, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310016, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 36:1115-9. 2008..They also secrete angiogenic and antiapoptotic factors. However, little information is available about the effect of MSCs transplantation on diabetic heart...
- Proinflammatory cytokines regulate tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases and disintegrin metalloproteinase in cardiac cellsY Y Li
Research Laboratories, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15213, USA
Cardiovasc Res 42:162-72. 1999..Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) are downregulated in the failing human heart. The objective of the present study was to test the hypothesis that cytokines might be involved in the regulation of TIMPs in cardiac cells...
- MMP/TIMP expression in spontaneously hypertensive heart failure rats: the effect of ACE- and MMP-inhibitionH Li
Department of Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Division of Warner Lambert Company, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Cardiovasc Res 46:298-306. 2000....
- Increased expression of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases 1 and 2 correlate with poor prognostic variables in renal cell carcinomaB V Kallakury
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:3113-9. 2001..More importantly, the recently documented paradoxical functions of TIMPs have not been characterized in these neoplasms...
- Gelatinase B and TIMP-1 are regulated in a cell- and time-dependent manner in association with neuronal death and glial reactivity after global forebrain ischemiaSantiago Rivera
IFR Jean Roche, Faculte de Medecine Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Eur J Neurosci 15:19-32. 2002..of the ischemic rat hippocampus, the kinetics and cellular distribution of gelatinase B and its principal inhibitor TIMP-1 and we assessed by in situ zymography, the net gelatinolytic activity at the cellular level...
- Unbalanced collagenases/TIMP-1 expression and epithelial apoptosis in experimental lung fibrosisVictor Ruiz
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Mexico City, DF, CP 14080, Mexico
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 285:L1026-36. 2003..Our results showed a significant decrease of collagenases MMP-8 and MMP-13, with an increase of TIMP-1 and transforming growth factor-beta...
- Spatial and temporal pattern of expression of interstitial collagenase, stromelysin/transin, gelatinase A, and TIMP-1 during experimental gastric ulcer healingAntonio Calabrò
Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, Gastroenterology Unit, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Digestion 70:127-38. 2004..gelatinase A (MMP-2), interstitial collagenase (MMP-13), stromelysin (MMP-3), and their major inhibitor, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) during experimental gastric ulcer healing induced in rats by acetic acid injection.
- [Regulatory effects of inhaled steroids on expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and its inhibitor in asthmatic rats]Hong Mei Qiao
Department of Pediatrics, The First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun 130021, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 43:591-4. 2005To investigate the role of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) and its tissue inhibitor (TIMP-1) in the pathogenesis of bronchial asthma and assess the effect of steroid treatment on MMP-9 and TIMP-1 levels...
- Age-related changes in the expression of gelatinase and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase genes in mandibular condylar, growth plate, and articular cartilage in ratsIchiro Takahashi
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
J Mol Histol 36:355-66. 2005..This study attempted to clarify the age-related changes in the mRNA expression patterns of MMP-2, MMP-9, TIMP-1, TIMP-2, and TIMP-3 in mandibular condylar cartilage in comparison to tibial growth plate and articular cartilage ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and -9 (MMP-9) and their tissue inhibitors (TIMP-1 and TIMP-2) in differential diagnosis between low malignant potential (LMP) and malignant ovarian tumoursMilla Määttä
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oulu, Box 24, 90029 OYS, Finland
Anticancer Res 27:2753-8. 2007..This study aimed to evaluate whether matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2, MMP-9, MMP-2-TIMP-2 complex) or their tissue inhibitors (TIMP-1, TIMP-2) could be used as preoperative serum markers in ..
- Changes in TIMP-1 and -2 expression in the early stage of porcine serum-induced liver fibrosis in ratsYasuko Hasegawa-Baba
Nippon Institute for Biological Science, 9 2221 1 Shin machi, Ome, Tokyo 198 0024, Japan
Exp Toxicol Pathol 63:357-61. 2011It is widely recognized that tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs), especially TIMP-1 and -2, play a key role in the progression of hepatic fibrosis...
- Different expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase family members in rat dorsal root ganglia and their changes after peripheral nerve injuryB Huang
Department of Orthopaedics, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200003, China
Neuroscience 193:421-8. 2011..The enzymatic activity of MMP9 and MMP2 is balanced specifically by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP1) and TIMP2, respectively...
- Ginsenoside Rb1 inhibits cell activation and liver fibrosis in rat hepatic stellate cellsYu Ting Lo
School of Nutrition and Health Sciences, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Med Food 14:1135-43. 2011..growth factor-β1 (TGF-β1), matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 was suppressed by ginsenoside Rb1 at 10-80 μg/mL (P<.05)...
- HIV-1 gp120 upregulates matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in a rat model of HIV encephalopathyJean Pierre Louboutin
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Eur J Neurosci 34:2015-23. 2011..Antioxidant gene delivery blunted gp120-induced MMP production. We also studied the effect of gp120 on TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 production. TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 levels increased 6 h after gp120 injection into rat caudate-putamen (CP)...
- Hepatic apoptosis can modulate liver fibrosis through TIMP1 pathwayKewei Wang
Departments of Surgery, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, One Illini Drive, Peoria, IL, 61605, USA
Apoptosis 18:566-77. 2013..The present study aimed to investigate the role of inducible TIMP1 in the pathogenesis of hepatic apoptosis-fibrosis...
- Bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation increases metalloproteinase-9 and 13 and decreases tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 and 2 expression in the liver of cholestatic ratsSimone Nunes de Carvalho
Laboratório Cultura de Células, Departamento de Histologia e Embriologia, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, UERJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cells Tissues Organs 198:139-48. 2013..Therefore, this study aimed to analyze MMP-2, MMP-9 and MMP-13, and tissue inhibitors of MMPs (TIMPs)-1 and TIMP-2 in the liver of cholestatic rats transplanted with BMMNC...
- Hydrogen sulfide suppresses the expression of MMP-8, MMP-13, and TIMP-1 in left ventricles of rats with cardiac volume overloadChao ying Zhang
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Children s Hospital Affiliated to Capital Institute of Pediatrics, Beijing 100020, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 34:1301-9. 2013To study the effects of hydrogen sulfide (H2S) on the left ventricular expression of MMP-8, MMP-13, and TIMP-1 in a rat model of congenital heart disease.
- Antifibrotic response of cardiac fibroblasts in hypertensive hearts through enhanced TIMP-1 expression by basic fibroblast growth factorToshio Kinoshita
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Toho University Faculty of Medicine, 6 11 1 Omori Nishi, Ohta City, Tokyo 143 8541, Japan
Cardiovasc Pathol 23:92-100. 2014..However, the precise role played by bFGF in fibrotic response of CFs remains unclear. We suggested potential effects of bFGF on the fibrotic response of CFs in vitro...
- Effects of angiotensin II intervention on MMP-2, MMP-9, TIMP-1, and collagen expression in rats with pulmonary hypertensionX M Wang
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Chengdu Women s and Children s Central Hospital, Chengdu, China
Genet Mol Res 14:1707-17. 2015..Real-time fluorescent quantitative PCR was used to detect MMP2, MMP9, TIMP1, COL1A1, and COL4A1 mRNA expression. Picro-sirius red staining was performed to detect collagen protein expression...
- MMP-2 and MMP-9 activities and TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 expression in the prostatic tissue of two ethanol-preferring rat modelsBeatriz Aparecida Fioruci-Fontanelli
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biosciences, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, 18618 970 Botucatu, SP, Brazil Structural and Cell Biology Program, UNICAMP, 13083 862 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Anal Cell Pathol (Amst) 2015:954548. 2015We investigated whether chronic ethanol intake is capable of altering the MMP-2 and MMP-9 activities and TIMP-2 and TIMP-1 expression in the dorsal and lateral prostatic lobes of low (UChA) and high (UChB) ethanol-preferring rats...
- TIMP-1 affects the spatial distribution of dendritic processes of second-order neurons in a rat model of Retinitis PigmentosaJung A Shin
Mary D Allen Laboratory for Vision Research, USC Eye Institute, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, USA Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, USA Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 158 710, South Korea
Exp Eye Res 140:41-52. 2015..mosaics are restored to a homogeneous distribution upon application of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1)...
- MicroRNA-21 is associated with fibrosis in a rat model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and serves as a plasma biomarker for fibrotic liver diseaseAyano Takeuchi-Yorimoto
Drug Discovery Science and Management, Astellas Pharma Europe B V, 2300 AH Leiden, The Netherlands Drug Safety Research Labs, Astellas Pharma Inc, Ibaraki 305 8585, Japan Electronic address
Toxicol Lett 258:159-67. 2016..Using qRT-PCR assays, we detected increased expression of miR-21, Mmp-9, and Timp-1 in liver that peaked during week 4, when fibrosis was first detected...
- [Influence of pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate (PDTC) on expression of transforming growth factor beta(1), matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor-1 of metalloproteinase in rats with pulmonary damage induced by paraquat]Chun Feng Shao
School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 26:577-82. 2008..dithiocarbamate (PDTC) on the expression of transforming growth factor beta(1) (TGF-beta(1)), matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and tissue inhibitor-1 of metalloproteinase (TIMP-1) in rats with pulmonary damage induced by paraquat (PQ).
- [Effects of Liangxue Tongyu Formula on brain edema and expressions of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in rats with intracerebral hemorrhage]Chun Yan He
Postdoctoral Center of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 8:347-51. 2010..To investigate the effects of Liangxue Tongyu Formula (LXTYF), a compound traditional Chinese herbal medicine, on brain edema in rats with intracerebral hemorrhage and to explore the mechanism...
- [Effect of Salvia miltiorrhiza monomer IH764-3 on MMP-13 and TIMP-1 by downregulating the expression of focal adhesion kinase in hepatic stellate cell stimulated by H2O2]Li Liu
Department of Gastroenterology, the Second Hospital of Hebei Medical Univesity, Shijiazhuang 050000, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 23:482-6. 2007To investigate the effect of IH764-3 on the expression of MMP-13 and TIMP-1 by H2O2-stimulated hepatic stellate cell and the alteration of FAK during this process.
- Brain distribution and elimination of recombinant human TIMP-1 after cerebral ischemia and reperfusion in ratsYalian Sa
Department of Neurology, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, OH 45267 0532, USA
Neurol Res 33:433-8. 2011To investigate recombinant human TIMP-1 ((125)I-rhTIMP-1) half-life in blood and its distribution in rat brain tissue after cerebral ischemia/reperfusion as part of a therapeutic development paradigm.
- Increased matrix metalloproteinase-9 activity and mRNA expression in lung injury following cardiopulmonary bypassChangtian Wang
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Jinling Hospital, Clinical Medicine School of Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Lab Invest 92:910-6. 2012..activity and gene expression of matrix metalloproteinases-9 (MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) of lungs using rat model of CPB...
- Toxicogenomic biomarkers for renal papillary injury in ratsTakeki Uehara
Drug Developmental Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, 3 1 1 Futaba cho, Toyonaka, Osaka 561 0825, Japan
Toxicology 303:1-8. 2013..The three top-ranked genes, Timp1, Igf1, and Lamc2, exhibited the best prediction performance in an external data set with area under the curve (AUC)..
- [Effect of shRNA-mediated silencing of CTGF and TIMP-1 on mRNA expression of CTGF, TIMP-1, and PC I and secretion of extracellular matrix in rat hepatic stellate cells]Yu Feng Jiang
Department of Infectious Diseases, the Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College, Lu zhou Sichuan, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 20:576-80. 2012To investigate the effect of short hairpin RNA (shRNA)-mediated silencing of CTGF and TIMP-1 in hepatic stellate cells (HSCs) on mRNA expression of TIMP-1, CTGF, and procollagen type-I (PC I), as well as secretion of extracellular matrix (..
- TIMP-1 inhibits the proteolytic processing of Reelin in experimental epilepsyStefanie Tinnes
Experimental Epilepsy Research, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
FASEB J 27:2542-52. 2013..slice cultures as an epilepsy model and found a significant increase of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases 1 (TIMP-1) levels and strongly enhanced TIMP-1 immunolabeling in hippocampal neurons...
- Purification and sequence analysis of two rat tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinasesW T Roswit
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63130
Arch Biochem Biophys 292:402-10. 1992Two protein inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP) were isolated from medium conditioned by the clonal rat osteosarcoma line UMR 106-01...
- Identification of a stimulator of steroid hormone synthesis isolated from testisN Boujrad
Department of Cell Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Science 268:1609-12. 1995..The 28- and 38-kD proteins were shown to be identical to the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) and the proenzyme form of cathepsin L, respectively...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 messenger RNA expression is enhanced relative to interstitial collagenase messenger RNA in experimental liver injury and fibrosisJ P Iredale
University of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, England
Hepatology 24:176-84. 1996..We have previously described release of the protein collagenase inhibitor, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1), by culture-activated human hepatic stellate cells (HSCs)...
- Differential regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase mRNA expression in response to intracranial injuryD M Jaworski
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Glia 30:199-208. 2000..To determine whether TIMPs are expressed during injury-induced matrix remodeling, TIMP expression was examined during reactive gliosis...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and their natural inhibitors in fibrovascular membranes of proliferative diabetic retinopathyJ Salzmann
Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 84:1091-6. 2000..MMPs) and their natural inhibitors (TIMPs), in order to determine whether neovascularisation and fibrosis, characteristic of this complication of diabetes mellitus, are associated with specific anomalies of MMP or TIMP expression.
- Differential spatial distribution and temporal regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase mRNA expression during rat central nervous system developmentN Fager
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Given C454, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Mech Dev 98:105-9. 2000..cell biological functions distinct from their MMP-inhibitory activities, few studies have investigated MMP or TIMP expression during CNS development...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase -2, -9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase -1, -2, -3 mRNAs in rat uterus during early pregnancyYun Ge Zhao
The State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Mol Reprod Dev 62:149-58. 2002..MMP-2, -9) activities, and expression of mRNAs for MMP-2, -9 and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMP-1, -2, -3) in the rat uterus during early pregnancy (day 1-7)...
- Inhibition of apoptosis in rat mesangial cells by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1Hongli Lin
Department of Nephrology, Kidney Center and Key Lab of Chinese PLA, General Hospital of Chinese PLA, 28 Fu Xing Road, Beijing 100853, People s Republic of China
Kidney Int 62:60-9. 2002Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) is an important inhibitor of extracellular matrix degradation. Recently, it was reported that TIMP-1 also could inhibit apoptosis in B type lymphocyte...
- [The role of matrix metalloproteinases in extracellular matrix remodelling in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease rat models]Hongmei Li
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The 304th Hospital of Chinese PLA, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 41:393-8. 2002..To study the role of metalloproteinases(MMPs) in the airway extracellular matrix (ECM) remodelling of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) rat models...
- Genetic polymorphisms and cerebrospinal fluid levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 in sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseM Axel Wollmer
Division of Psychiatry Research, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Psychiatr Genet 12:155-60. 2002b>Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP-1) inhibits several proteinases including a disintegrin and metalloproteinase 10 (ADAM10), a major alpha-secretase that cleaves the beta-amyloid precursor protein within its amyloidogenic ..
- ANG II increases TIMP-1 expression in rat aortic smooth muscle cells in vivoGiovanna Castoldi
Unitá Didattico Assistenziale Nefrocardiovascolare, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Prevenzione e Biotecnologie Sanitarie, Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca 20052, Monza, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H635-43. 2003Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their tissue inhibitors (TIMPs) are involved in tissue remodeling processes. TIMP-1 is the main native inhibitor of MMPs and it contributes to the development of tissue fibrosis...
- Cellular localization of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the rat ovary throughout pseudopregnancyThomas E Curry
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536, USA
Biol Reprod 67:1943-51. 2002..Pseudopregnancy was induced by eCG/hCG stimulation. At Day 1 of pseudopregnancy, intense reaction product for TIMP-1 mRNA was observed surrounding the developing corpus luteum (CL), with less intense expression present in ..
- Metallothionein-1 messenger RNA transcription in steroid-secreting cells of the rat ovary during the periovulatory periodL L Espey
Department of Biology, Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas 78212, USA
Biol Reprod 68:1895-902. 2003..In contrast, a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs and a tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1, which were also detected by the RT-PCR differential display procedure, reached a peak at 12 h ..
- Tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases are elevated in cerebrospinal fluid of neurodegenerative diseasesS Lorenzl
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street Room A 501, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Neurol Sci 207:71-6. 2003..Although individual studies of MMP and TIMP expression in CSF have included AD and ALS samples, there are no studies comparing the expression of these proteins ..
- Homocysteine enhances TIMP-1 expression and cell proliferation associated with NADH oxidase in rat mesangial cellsZhi Zhang Yang
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Kidney Int 63:1012-20. 2003..Hcys) increases the production by nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH) oxidase and thereby stimulates the formation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP-1) in rat mesangial cells, consequently leads to glomerulosclerosis.
- Role of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases-1 in junction dynamics in the testisDolores D Mruk
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Androl 24:510-23. 2003..revealed a sequence of NH(2)-IKMAKMLKGFDAVGNATG, which is homologous to tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases-1 (TIMP-1)...
- Regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 by astrocytes: links to HIV-1 dementiaRadhika Suryadevara
Laboratory of Cellular Neuroimmunology, Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
Glia 44:47-56. 2003..We hypothesized that in response to injury and inflammation in HAD, astrocytes regulate the production of TIMP-1, the inducible type of TIMP that is important in inflammation...
- Plasma matrix metalloproteinase-1 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 as biomarkers of ulcerative colitis activityAlicja Wiercinska-Drapalo
Department of Infectious Diseases, Intestinal Diseases Unit, Medical University of Bialystok, 15 540 Bialystok, Zurawia str, 14, Poland
World J Gastroenterol 9:2843-5. 2003..Their activity can be counterbalanced by the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)...
- Expression of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in rats with hepatic fibrosisQing He Nie
Chinese PLA Centre of Diagnosis and Treatment for Infectious Diseases, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:86-90. 2004To investigate the location and expression of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in the liver of normal and experimental hepatic fibrosis in rats.
- Hyperoxia decreases matrix metalloproteinase-9 and increases tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 protein in the newborn rat lung: association with arrested alveolarizationGayle E Hosford
Departmen of Physiology, Perinatal Research Centre, The University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Pediatr Res 56:26-34. 2004..protein, and enzymatic activity, and the mRNA and protein expression of the endogenous tissue inhibitor of MMP, TIMP-1...
- Increased levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in human hepatocellular carcinomaEiji Matsumoto
Department of Medicine and Medical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Shikata cho, Japan
Liver Int 24:379-83. 2004..Invasion and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) are regulated by matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs). However, the role of TIMPs in these processes is not clear...
- Effect of interleukin-10 and platelet-derived growth factor on expressions of matrix metalloproteinases-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in rat fibrotic liver and cultured hepatic stellate cellsLi Juan Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, People s Hospital, Medical School of Wuhan University, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2574-9. 2004To examine the expressions of matrix metalloproteinases-2 (MMP-2) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) in rat fibrotic liver and in normal rat hepatic stellate cells, and to investigate the changes in their expressions in ..
- Antifibrotic effects of a tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 antibody on established liver fibrosis in ratsChristopher J Parsons
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Hepatology 40:1106-15. 2004..Decreased ECM degradation results, in part, from increased expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1), which blocks matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) activity...
- Pancreatic cancer stimulates pancreatic stellate cell proliferation and TIMP-1 production through the MAP kinase pathwaySeiya Yoshida
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 303 East Superior 4 713, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:1241-5. 2004..surrounding human pancreatic adenocarcinoma, we postulate that pancreatic cancer could impact PSC proliferation and TIMP-1 production. Rat PSCs were isolated and cultured...
- Effects of 17 beta-estradiol on the expression of interstitial collagenases-8 and -13 (MMP-8 and MMP-13) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) in ovariectomized rat osteoblastic cellsJian Li
Department of Pathology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, PR China
J Mol Histol 35:723-31. 2004..and in situ hybridization to observe changes in the expression of mRNA and the proteins MMP-8, MMP-13 and TIMP-1 in osteoblastic cells in rat proximal tibia...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 is an independent predictor of prognosis in patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma who undergo resection with curative intentValerie Gouyer
Unité INSERM 560, Place de Verdun, Lille, France
Cancer 103:1676-84. 2005..In this study, mRNA expression levels of MMP-1, MMP-9, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2 were evaluated in patients with resected NSCLC, and their associations with disease progression and ..
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in hepatic stellate cells during rat hepatic fibrosis and its intervention by IL-10Wei Da Zheng
Department of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350001, Fujian Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:1753-8. 2005..To investigate the expression of matrix metallopr-oteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in hepatic fibrosis and the antifibrogenic role of exogenous interleukin-10 (IL-10)...
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases-1 and -2 levels in gestational hypertensionMuzahir H Tayebjee
Haemostasis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham B18 7QH, UK
Am J Hypertens 18:325-9. 2005..in circulating matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases-1 and -2 (TIMP-1 and TIMP-2, respectively) in patients with GH, when compared with normotensive women with normal pregnancies and ..
- Broncho-alveolar lavage matrix metalloproteases as a sensitive measure of bronchiolitis obliteransShahrokh Taghavi
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Vienna Medical University, Waehringer Guertel, Austria
Am J Transplant 5:1548-52. 2005..patients (34 BO syndrome (BOS) 0, 15 BOS 0-p, and 23 BOS 1) serum and broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL) MMP and TIMP levels were examined by ELISA. The BAL cell counts were additionally analyzed...
- Expression of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1 during aging in rat liverYu Mei Zhang
Department of Nephrology, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100853, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:3696-700. 2005To investigate the expression and role of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) during natural aging in rat liver and to detect the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and MMP-9.
- Nitric oxide induces TIMP-1 expression by activating the transforming growth factor beta-Smad signaling pathwayEl Sayed Akool
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:39403-16. 2005..metalloprotease expressed by mesangial cells, additionally modulates expression of its endogenous inhibitor TIMP-1...
- MMP-9, TIMP-1 and inflammatory cells in sputum from COPD patients during exacerbationP F Mercer
School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Respir Res 6:151. 2005..This study has prospectively examined changes in sputum levels of inflammatory cells, MMP-9 and TIMP-1 during exacerbations comparing with paired samples taken prior to exacerbation.
- Loss of flow induces leukocyte-mediated MMP/TIMP imbalance in dynamic in vitro blood-brain barrier model: role of pro-inflammatory cytokinesLjiljana Krizanac-Bengez
Cerebrovascular Research Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C740-9. 2006..on the release/activity of MMP-9, MMP-2, and their endogenous inhibitors, the tissue inhibitors of MMPs (TIMPs), TIMP-1, and TIMP-2...
- Combined determination of plasma MMP2, MMP9, and TIMP1 improves the non-invasive detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderAndrea Staack
Department of Urology, University Hospital Charite, CCM, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
BMC Urol 6:19. 2006..The goal of this study is to evaluate the diagnostic value of various circulating MMPs and TIMPs in blood plasma for a non-invasive detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder (TCC)...
- Leptin increases tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase I (TIMP-1) gene expression by a specificity protein 1/signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 mechanismSongbai Lin
Department of Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Room 248, Whitehead Biomedical Research Building, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:3376-88. 2006..A key molecule synthesized is the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase I (TIMP-1), which acts to inhibit the activity of matrix metalloproteinases...
- [Metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 and their inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 levels in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes]Bozena Florys
II Klinika Chorób Dzieci w Białymstoku, Białystok
Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw 12:184-9. 2006..The metalloproteinases inhibitors (TIMPs) are regulatory factors in this activity. Not all regulating mechanisms are completely known, especially in patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Comparison of gene expression profiles in neuropathic and inflammatory painJ Rodriguez Parkitna
Department of Molecular Neuropharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:401-14. 2006..four genes, intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1), calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP), tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1), chemokine-like receptor 1 was confirmed by reverse transcription Real-Time PCR (qPCR) ..
- Primary tumor levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 are predictive of resistance to chemotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancerAnne Sofie Schrohl
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Clin Cancer Res 12:7054-8. 2006..Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) has been shown to protect against apoptosis, and the purpose of the present study was to test the hypothesis ..
- TIMP-1 transgenic mice recover from diabetes induced by multiple low-dose streptozotocinHongwei Jiang
Department of Nephrology, Kidney Center and Key Lab of People s Liberation Army, General Hospital of PLA, Fuxing Road 28, Beijing 100853, PR China
Diabetes 56:49-56. 2007..Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 inhibits matrix metalloproteinase activity and regulates proliferation and apoptosis of a variety of cells types,..
- Concentrations of TIMP1 mRNA splice variants and TIMP-1 protein are differentially associated with prognosis in primary breast cancerAnieta M Sieuwerts
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Chem 53:1280-8. 2007TIMP-1 protein is a prognostic factor for recurrence-free and overall survival (OS) time in breast cancer. We evaluated the prognostic value of TIMP1 mRNA and a novel TIMP1 mRNA splice variant in 1301 primary breast cancer patients.
- A fermented substance from Aspergillus phoenicis reduces liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in ratsHsun Lang Fang
Graduate Institute of Chinese Pharmaceutical Science, Collage of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:1154-61. 2007..2A, collagen (alpha1)(I), collagen (alpha1)(III), transforming growth factor-beta1, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1. These results clearly indicate that FSAP partially reduced the liver fibrosis in rats induced by ..
- [Modulative effect of zhenqing recipe on expressions of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 in experimental type 2 diabetic rats]Long Yi Zheng
Department of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, Liyuan Hospital Affiliated to Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430077
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:72-6. 2006To explore the effect of Zhenqing Recipe (ZQR) on renal structure and expressions of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) in experimental type 2 diabetic rats.
- Role of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in the progression of cerebral aneurysmsTomohiro Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kawaharacho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Stroke 38:2337-45. 2007..Tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase (TIMP) regulates the ECM degradation in vascular walls by inhibiting the activity of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)...
- [The influence of angiotensin II receptor blockade on the expressions of Col I and TIMP-1 mRNA in cardiac fibroblast of adult rat]Xiao Ying Jiang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical College of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:954-7. 2007..To investigate the role of angiotensin II receptor type 2 (AT2) on collagen metabolism in cardiac fibroblast, and the difference between AT2 and angiotensin II receptors type 1 (AT1)...
- Prognostic significance of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 serum and tissue expression in breast cancerZheng Sheng Wu
Department of Pathology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 122:2050-6. 2008..Thus, we determined whether the expression of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 is associated with prognosis in breast cancer patients...
- [Changes of matrix metalloproteinase 2,9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1, 2, 3 expression level in aged rat lung]Zhi jie Zhao
Department of Geriatris, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 40:101-4. 2008..To investigate the underlying mechanism of age related increase of pulmonary fibrosis incidence..
- [Role of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in renal tubular epithelial-myofibroblast transdifferentiation]Hen Xue
Department of Nephrology, West China Hosipital, Shichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 39:34-8. 2008To investigate the dynamic changes of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 expressions in rat unilateral ureteral obstruction (UUO) model, and to explore the role of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in tubular epithelialmyofibroblast transdifferentiation.
- [Effects of Dahuang Zhechong Pill on expressions of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in rats with glomerulosclerosis]Ji Hong Chen
Department of Nephrology, National Medical Centre for Traditional Chinese Medicine Nephropathy, Jiangsu Provincial Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210029, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:512-6. 2008..renal disease, and to investigate the effects of DHZCP on the expressions of renal tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) mRNAs in rats with adriamycin-induced glomerulosclerosis.
- Shear stress-induced Ets-1 modulates protease inhibitor expression in microvascular endothelial cellsMalgorzata Milkiewicz
School of Kinesiology and Health Science, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Physiol 217:502-10. 2008..This response was modulated by ERK1/2 and p38 MAP kinases, but was not dependent on NOS or COX-2 activity. PAI-1, TIMP-1 and TIMP-3 mRNA were elevated significantly in prazosin treated EDL, and in response to shear stimulation in ..
- Neuronal TIMP-1 release accompanies astrocytic MMP-9 secretion and enhances astrocyte proliferation induced by beta-amyloid 25-35 fragmentMar Hernandez-Guillamon
Neurovascular Research Laboratory, Institut de Recerca, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Neurosci Res 87:2115-25. 2009..We aimed to investigate the effects of beta-amyloid (Abeta) on the MMP-9/TIMP-1 balance and its involvement in Abeta toxicity in neurons and glial cells...
- Walker 256 cancer cells secrete tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-free metalloproteinase-9Maria Pavlaki
Department of Chemistry, University of Patras, Greece
Mol Cell Biochem 328:189-99. 2009..APMA), affinity-purified W256 gelatinase is converted to a final processed form of 66 kDa in a similar fashion to TIMP-free human proMMP-9...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 is an early marker of acute endothelial dysfunction in a rodent model of venous oxidative injuryRashida Moore
Section of Vascular Surgery, Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0654, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 23:498-505. 2009..We hypothesize that tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) can serve as an indicator of acute venous endothelial dysfunction in a rat model of oxidative injury...
- Enhanced cerebrovascular expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 via the MEK/ERK pathway during cerebral ischemia in the ratAida Maddahi
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
BMC Neurosci 10:56. 2009..The formation of oedema and opening of the blood-brain barrier in stroke is associated with enhanced expression of metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1).
- Glomerular protein levels of matrix metalloproteinase-1 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 are lower in diabetic subjectsToby C Cornish
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 57:995-1001. 2009..We investigated protein levels of multiple MMPs (MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, and MMP-9) and TIMP-1 in glomeruli and investigated whether disease phenotypes were associated with levels of these proteins...
- Dynamic changes in matrix metalloproteinase 9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 levels during wound healing in diabetic ratsChuan Yang
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 99:489-96. 2009..caused by diabetes and measured the dynamic changes in matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) levels...
- Differential modulation of the cytokine-induced MMP-9/TIMP-1 protease-antiprotease system by the mTOR inhibitor rapamycinBashier Osman
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Institut fur Allgemeine Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 81:134-43. 2011..of rapamycin on the cytokine-triggered matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9)/tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 protease-antiprotease system which is critically involved in renal inflammation and fibrosis...
- Localization of preovulatory expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase type-1 mRNAs in the rat ovaryS Y Chun
Department of Hormone Research, Bernhard Zondek Hormone Research Laboratory, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Biol Reprod 47:245-53. 1992..localization of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase type-1 (TIMP-1) mRNAs by in situ hybridization...
- Cloning of the cDNA encoding rat tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1), amino acid comparison with other TIMPs, and gene expression in rat tissuesA Okada
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire des Eucaryotes du CNRS, Unite 184 de Biologie Moleculaire et de Genie Genetique de l INSERM, Institut de Chimie Biologique, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
Gene 147:301-2. 1994We have cloned the cDNA encoding the rat tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) from a cDNA library derived from healing skin wounds...
- The interplay of collagen IV, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, gelatinase B (matrix metalloprotease-9), and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases-1 in the basal lamina regulates Sertoli cell-tight junction dynamics in the rat testisMichelle K Y Siu
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocrinology 144:371-87. 2003..Taken collectively, these observations strengthen the notion that ECM is involved in the regulation of junction dynamics in addition to its structural role in the testis...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1, -2, and -3 polymorphisms in a white population with intracranial aneurysmsDietmar Krex
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Stroke 34:2817-21. 2003..Their activity is controlled predominantly by tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs). To investigate the possible impact of genetic variants within the genes encoding TIMP-1, -2, and -3, we conducted this case-control study.
- Osteoblasts and osteocytes express MMP2 and -8 and TIMP1, -2, and -3 along with extracellular matrix molecules during appositional bone formationKouki Hatori
Division of Advanced Prosthetic Dentistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 277:262-71. 2004..Osteoblasts and osteocytes expressed MMP2 and -8, TIMP1, -2, and -3, as well as type I collagen, osteopontin, and osteocalcin in the course of the appositional bone ..
- Tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 is prognostic in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: comparison of the circulating and tissue immunoreactive proteinHenni Ruokolainen
Department of Oncology, University of Oulu and Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Clin Cancer Res 11:3257-64. 2005Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP) are capable of inhibiting the matrix metalloproteinases, but they also possess other biological functions...
- Alterations in peripheral blood levels of TIMP-1, MMP-2, and MMP-9 in patients with type-2 diabetesSeung Won Lee
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Ajou University School of Medicine, San 5 Wonchon Dong, Yongtong Gu, 443 721, Suwon, South Korea
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 69:175-9. 2005..We examined the plasma levels of enzymes and inhibitors involved in extracellular matrix turnover...
- Serum MMP-9/TIMP-1 and MMP-2/TIMP-2 ratios in multiple sclerosis: relationships with different magnetic resonance imaging measures of disease activity during IFN-beta-1a treatmentC Avolio
Department of Medical and Occupational Sciences, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
Mult Scler 11:441-6. 2005..We studied the relationships between serum MMP-9, MMP-2, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 and different magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) measures of disease activity in MS patients during ..
- Increased cardiac expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 is related to cardiac fibrosis and dysfunction in the chronic pressure-overloaded human heartStephane Heymans
CARIM, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Circulation 112:1136-44. 2005..Whether their expression is related to interstitial fibrosis or LV dysfunction in patients with chronic pressure overload-induced LV hypertrophy, however, is unknown...
- TIMP-1/MMP-9 imbalance in brain edema in rats with fulminant hepatic failureSatoshi Yamamoto
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Surg Res 134:307-14. 2006..Tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), or TIMP, and MMP-9 are implicated in ischemic brain edema...