Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tfap2c
Description: transcription factor AP-2 gamma
Alias: AP2-gamma, Tcfap2c, transcription factor AP-2 gamma, activating enhancer binding protein 2 gamma, activator protein 2 gamma
- Maconochie M, Krishnamurthy R, Nonchev S, Meier P, Manzanares M, Mitchell P, et al. Regulation of Hoxa2 in cranial neural crest cells involves members of the AP-2 family. Development. 1999;126:1483-94 pubmed..Our findings have identified the cis-components that allow Hoxa2 to be regulated independently in rhombomeres and cranial neural crest cells. ..
- Shi D, Kellems R. Transcription factor AP-2gamma regulates murine adenosine deaminase gene expression during placental development. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:27331-8 pubmed..In situ hybridization analysis revealed that AP-2gamma expression was enriched in the trophoblast lineage throughout development, suggesting that AP-2gamma may be critical for trophoblast development and differentiation. ..
- Williamson J, Bosher J, Skinner A, Sheer D, Williams T, Hurst H. Chromosomal mapping of the human and mouse homologues of two new members of the AP-2 family of transcription factors. Genomics. 1996;35:262-4 pubmed..Tcfap2b and Tcfap2c map to mouse chromosomes 1A2-4 and 2H3-4, respectively, while TFAP2B and TFAP2C map to human chromosomes 6p12 and ..
- Ozturk A, Donald L, Li L, Duckworth H, Duckworth M. Proteomic identification of AP2 gamma as a rat placental lactogen II trophoblast cell-specific enhancer binding protein. Endocrinology. 2006;147:4319-29 pubmed..Several peptides of AP2 gamma, a key trophoblast cell-specific transcription factor, were identified...
- Guttormsen J, Koster M, Stevens J, Roop D, Williams T, Winger Q. Disruption of epidermal specific gene expression and delayed skin development in AP-2 gamma mutant mice. Dev Biol. 2008;317:187-95 pubmed publisher..These results document an important role for AP-2 gamma in skin development, and reveal the existence of regulatory factors that can compensate for AP-2 gamma in its absence. ..
- Kidder B, Palmer S. Examination of transcriptional networks reveals an important role for TCFAP2C, SMARCA4, and EOMES in trophoblast stem cell maintenance. Genome Res. 2010;20:458-72 pubmed publisher..immunoprecipitation with DNA microarray hybridization (ChIP-chip) analysis to investigate targets of the TFs-TCFAP2C, EOMES, ETS2, and GATA3-and a chromatin remodeling factor, SMARCA4...
- Kuckenberg P, Buhl S, Woynecki T, van Fürden B, Tolkunova E, Seiffe F, et al. The transcription factor TCFAP2C/AP-2gamma cooperates with CDX2 to maintain trophectoderm formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3310-20 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that the transcription factor Tcfap2c is expressed at a high level in the trophectoderm and is able to induce trophoblast fate in embryonic stem cells...
- Trishkina A, Konopliannikov A. [The methods of irradiation dose fractionation and rate change used in studying the capacity for the postradiation repair of CFU-s forming splenic colonies after 8 and 12 days following bone marrow cell transplantation]. Radiobiologiia. 1992;32:312-6 pubmed..A more committed CFU-S-8 population was found to surpass a younger and less committed CFU-S-12 population with respect to their repairability. ..
- Kang H, Lee M, Kang H, Kim S, Ahn J, Na H, et al. Differential regulation of estrogen receptor ? expression in breast cancer cells by metastasis-associated protein 1. Cancer Res. 2014;74:1484-94 pubmed publisher..complex that was pulled down by an oligonucleotide encoding ERpro315 revealed that the transcription factor AP-2? (TFAP2C) and the IFN-?-inducible protein 16 (IFI16) were components of the complex...