Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tbc1d4
Description: TBC1 domain family, member 4
Alias: RGD1561609, LOW QUALITY PROTEIN: TBC1 domain family member 4, TBC1 domain family member 4
- Chen Y, Wang Y, Zhang J, Deng Y, Jiang L, Song E, et al. Rab10 and myosin-Va mediate insulin-stimulated GLUT4 storage vesicle translocation in adipocytes. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:545-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, multiple Rab proteins regulate the trafficking of GLUT4, with Rab10 coordinating with myosin-Va to mediate the final steps of insulin-stimulated GSV translocation to the PM...
- Sharma N, Arias E, Cartee G. Rapid reversal of insulin-stimulated AS160 phosphorylation in rat skeletal muscle after insulin exposure. Physiol Res. 2010;59:71-8 pubmed
- Funai K, Schweitzer G, Sharma N, Kanzaki M, Cartee G. Increased AS160 phosphorylation, but not TBC1D1 phosphorylation, with increased postexercise insulin sensitivity in rat skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;297:E242-51 pubmed publisher..They also support the idea that increased TBC1D1 phosphorylation may play a role in the insulin-independent increase in GT postexercise. ..
- Kawamoto E, Koshinaka K, Yoshimura T, Masuda H, Kawanaka K. Immobilization rapidly induces muscle insulin resistance together with the activation of MAPKs (JNK and p38) and impairment of AS160 phosphorylation. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..Elevated ceramide biosynthesis pathway may contribute to this activation. Our results also indicate that decreased basal phosphorylation of AS160 may be involved in inactivity-induced insulin resistance. ..
- Watson R, Pessin J. GLUT4 translocation: the last 200 nanometers. Cell Signal. 2007;19:2209-17 pubmed..Future work will focus on identifying the key insulin targets that regulate the GLUT4 docking/fusion processes. ..