Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tap1
Description: transporter 1, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family B (MDR/TAP)
Alias: Abcb2, Cim, APT1, ATP-binding cassette sub-family B member 2, antigen peptide transporter 1, peptide transporter TAP1, transporter 1 ABC (ATP binding cassette)
- TAP1 and TAP2 transporter genes and predisposition to insulin dependent diabetes mellitusS Caillat-Zucman
I N S E R M U25, Hopital Necker, Paris
C R Acad Sci III 315:535-9. 1992..The participation of TAP1 and TAP2 genes, located in the MHC region and coding for antigenic peptide transporters, was investigated in 116 ..
- Crystal structures of two rat MHC class Ia (RT1-A) molecules that are associated differentially with peptide transporter alleles TAP-A and TAP-BMarkus G Rudolph
Department of Molecular Biology and Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 324:975-90. 2002..This loop change contributes to profound changes in the shape of the A-pocket in the peptide-binding groove and may explain the function of RT1-A1(c) as an inhibitory natural killer cell ligand...
- TAP1 gene AccI polymorphism is associated with atopic bronchial asthmaLiang Wen Hang
Department of Internal Medicine, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Lab Anal 17:57-60. 2003..A transporter associated with the antigen processing 1 gene (TAP1) is involved in antigen processing, and is therefore considered to play a role in the pathogenesis of bronchial ..
- The distinct nucleotide binding states of the transporter associated with antigen processing (TAP) are regulated by the nonhomologous C-terminal tails of TAP1 and TAP2Hicham Bouabe
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Germany
Eur J Biochem 270:4531-46. 2003..TAP comprises two polypeptides, TAP1 and TAP2, each with an N-terminal transmembrane domain and a C-terminal cytosolic nucleotide binding domain (NBD)...
- Polymorphism of transporter associated with antigen presentation 1 as a potential determinant for severity of disease in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis caused by human papillomavirus types 6 and 11Andrea Vambutas
North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, and Department of Otolaryngology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
J Infect Dis 189:871-9. 2004..One way in which HPV subverts the immune system in RRP is by interfering with TAP1 (transporter associated with antigen presentation 1)...
- Functional role of C-terminal sequence elements in the transporter associated with antigen processingSarah Ehses
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Zulpicher Strasse 47, 50674 Cologne, Germany
J Immunol 174:328-39. 2005..TAP consists of two subunits (TAP1 and TAP2), each with a transmembrane (TMD) and a nucleotide-binding (NBD) domain...
- Biogenesis of functional antigenic peptide transporter TAP requires assembly of pre-existing TAP1 with newly synthesized TAP2Kirstin Keusekotten
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Zuelpicher Strasse 47, D 50674 Cologne, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:17545-51. 2006..TAP is a heterodimeric transmembrane protein that comprises the homologous subunits TAP1 and TAP2...
- Distinct structural and functional properties of the ATPase sites in an asymmetric ABC transporterErik Procko
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Mol Cell 24:51-62. 2006..Since asymmetry of the ATPase site motifs is a feature of many mammalian homologs, our proposed model has broad implications for ABC transporters...
- The role of TAP1 and TAP2 gene polymorphism in idiopathic bronchiectasis in childrenDeniz Dogru
Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:237-41. 2007..DNA was extracted and gene polymorphisms for TAP1 and TAP2 were studied...
- Molecular architecture of the TAP-associated MHC class I peptide-loading complexElke Rufer
Friedrich Loeffler Institute, Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Institute of Immunology, Tuebingen, Germany
J Immunol 179:5717-27. 2007..peptide-receptive MHC class I (MHC-I) and accessory chaperones to the N-terminal regions of the TAP subunits TAP1 and TAP2...
- Transporter associated with antigen processing (TAP) 1 gene polymorphisms in patients with hypersensitivity pneumonitisArnoldo Aquino-Galvez
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Tlalpan 4502, Col Seccion XVI, 14080, Mexico City, Mexico
Exp Mol Pathol 84:173-7. 2008..The distribution of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in TAP1 genes was analyzed in 73 hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP) patients and 58 normal subjects...
- Interactions formed by individually expressed TAP1 and TAP2 polypeptide subunitsAntony N Antoniou
Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Immunology 106:182-9. 2002..TAP comprises two polypeptides, TAP1 and TAP2, each a 'half-transporter' encoding a transmembrane domain and a nucleotide-binding domain...
- Three-dimensional structure of transporter associated with antigen processing (TAP) obtained by single Particle image analysisG Velarde
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, UMIST, Manchester M60 1QD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:46054-63. 2001..Immunoaffinity-purified TAP particles comprising TAP1 and TAP2 polypeptides, and TAP2 particles alone were characterized after detergent solubilization and studied by ..
- [Rehabilitative evaluation of 18 cases of anterior cruciate ligament lesions surgically treated by the Kenneth-Jones technique]G Masserano
Servizio di Recupero e Rieducazione Funzionale, USSL n. 47, Ospedale degli Infermi, Biella, Vercelli
Minerva Med 83:89-91. 1992
- TAP1 mutant mice are deficient in antigen presentation, surface class I molecules, and CD4-8+ T cellsL van Kaer
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
Cell 71:1205-14. 1992The transporter associated with the antigen processing 1 (TAP1) gene encodes a subunit for a transporter, presumed to be involved in the delivery of peptides across the endoplasmic reticulum membrane to class I molecules...
- MHC class II region encoding proteins related to the multidrug resistance family of transmembrane transportersE V Deverson
Department of Immunology, Cambridge Research Station, UK
Nature 348:738-41. 1990..Here we show that one of these, the rat cim gene, maps to a highly polymorphic part of the MHC class II region encoding two novel members of the family of ..
- Resistance to natural killer cell lysis conferred by TAP1/2 genes in human antigen-processing mutant cellsM Salcedo
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 152:1702-8. 1994..174, and its derivative T2, have a large homozygous deletion in the MHC class II region encompassing the TAP1 and TAP2 as well as the LMP2 and LMP7 genes...
- Evaluation of TAP1 polymorphisms with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus in Finnish diabetic patients. The Childhood Diabetes in Finland (DiMe) Study GroupL Ma
Immunobiology Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, USA
Hum Immunol 53:159-66. 1997..Five coding region variants of TAP1 were typed in a cohort of well characterized Finnish patients with diabetes (n = 119) and compared to racially ..
- Reduced expression of Tap1 and Lmp2 antigen-processing genes in the nonobese diabetic (NOD) mouse due to a mutation in their shared bidirectional promoterG Yan
Immunobiology Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown 02129, USA
J Immunol 159:3068-80. 1997The MHC is an essential contributor to autoimmunity. Lmp2 and Tap1 are genes located in the MHC class II region, and they encode proteins participating in the generation and transport of endogenous peptides for T cell education...
- Screening of the TAP1 gene by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: detection and comparison of new polymorphisms between patients and controlsG Yan
Immunobiology Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Tissue Antigens 50:576-85. 1997New protective or disease-associated polymorphisms in the TAP1 gene were sought in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) patients with the use of denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) screening of genomic DNA...
- Nucleotide binding by TAP mediates association with peptide and release of assembled MHC class I moleculesM R Knittler
Institute for Genetics University of Cologne D 50674, Cologne, Germany
Curr Biol 9:999-1008. 1999..To investigate the role of TAP in this process, mutations that block nucleotide binding were introduced into the ATP-binding site of TAP...
- Altered expression of TAP-1 and major histocompatibility complex class I in laryngeal papillomatosis: correlation of TAP-1 with diseaseA Vambutas
Department of Otolaryngology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, The Long Island Campus for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 7:79-85. 2000..This up-regulation of class I MHC antigen at the cell surface potentially allows the infected cell to become a target for the immune system again. This finding provides some promise for nonsurgical treatment of laryngeal papillomas...
- Functional asymmetry of the ATP-binding-cassettes of the ABC transporter TAP is determined by intrinsic properties of the nucleotide binding domainsO Daumke
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:4776-86. 2001..TAP consists of two polypeptides (TAP1 and TAP2) each with an N-terminal transmembrane (TMD) and a C-terminal nucleotide binding domain (NBD)...
- The varicellovirus UL49.5 protein blocks the transporter associated with antigen processing (TAP) by inhibiting essential conformational transitions in the 6+6 transmembrane TAP core complexMarieke C Verweij
Department of Medical Microbiology, Center of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol 181:4894-907. 2008..changes of TAP required for the translocation of peptides into the endoplasmic reticulum, and 2) by targeting TAP1 and TAP2 for proteasomal degradation. At present, it is unknown whether UL49.5 interacts with TAP1, TAP2, or both...
- TAP-1/E7 INTERACTION: ROLE IN RESPIRATORY PAPILLOMASAndrea Vambutas; Fiscal Year: 2004..To determine whether the interaction between TAP-1 and E7 in naturally occurring infections sufficient to result in a loss of peptide transport and whether this loss correlates with viral protein load and the patients clinical course. ..