Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Syt5
Description: synaptotagmin 5
Alias: SytIX, synaptotagmin-5, synaptotagmin IX, synaptotagmin V, sytV
- Tucker W, Edwardson J, Bai J, Kim H, Martin T, Chapman E. Identification of synaptotagmin effectors via acute inhibition of secretion from cracked PC12 cells. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:199-209 pubmed..These data suggest that syts trigger fusion via their Ca2+-regulated interactions with t-SNAREs and PIP2, target molecules known to play critical roles in exocytosis. ..
- Dandoy Dron F, Griffond B, Mishal Z, Tovey M, Dron M. Scrg1, a novel protein of the CNS is targeted to the large dense-core vesicles in neuronal cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:2449-59 pubmed..iii) Scrg1 is enriched in fractions of sucrose density gradient where synaptotagmin V, a dense-core vesicle-associated protein, is also enriched...
- Saegusa C, Fukuda M, Mikoshiba K. Synaptotagmin V is targeted to dense-core vesicles that undergo calcium-dependent exocytosis in PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24499-505 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that Syt V is a dense-core vesicle-specific Syt isoform that controls a specific type of Ca2+-regulated secretion. ..
- Haberman Y, Ziv I, Gorzalczany Y, Fukuda M, Sagi Eisenberg R. Classical protein kinase C(s) regulates targeting of synaptotagmin IX to the endocytic recycling compartment. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1641-9 pubmed..As such, correct targeting of Syt IX is facilitated by the phorbol ester TPA but prevented by the cPKC inhibitor Go 6976. ..
- Lynch K, Martin T. Synaptotagmins I and IX function redundantly in regulated exocytosis but not endocytosis in PC12 cells. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:617-27 pubmed..By contrast, Ca2+-dependent exocytosis persisted in cells expressing only synaptotagmin I or only synaptotagmin IX, which indicated a redundancy in function for these isoforms...
- Qiu X, Ge J, Gao Y, Teng M, Niu L. Structural analysis of Ca2+-binding pocket of synaptotagmin 5 C2A domain. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;95:946-953 pubmed publisher..This study presents the crystal structure of the first C2 domain (C2A domain) of synaptotagmin 5 complexed with Ca2+ at 1.90Å resolution...