Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stxbp3
Description: syntaxin binding protein 3
Alias: Munc18-c, syntaxin-binding protein 3
- Macaulay S, Grusovin J, Stoichevska V, Ryan J, Castelli L, Ward C. Cellular munc18c levels can modulate glucose transport rate and GLUT4 translocation in 3T3L1 cells. FEBS Lett. 2002;528:154-60 pubmed..They further show that altering the level of available munc18c in 3T3L1 cells can modulate glucose transport rates, indicating its potential as a target for therapeutics in diabetes. ..
- Houng A, Polgar J, Reed G. Munc18-syntaxin complexes and exocytosis in human platelets. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19627-33 pubmed..Acute inhibition of the SM-syntaxin complex promotes Ca2+-induced exocytosis, suggesting that complex formation per se has a regulatory effect on triggered secretion. ..
- Widberg C, Bryant N, Girotti M, Rea S, James D. Tomosyn interacts with the t-SNAREs syntaxin4 and SNAP23 and plays a role in insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35093-101 pubmed..These data suggest that Tomosyn and Munc18c operate at a similar stage of the Syntaxin4 SNARE assembly cycle, which likely primes Syntaxin4 for entry into the ternary SNARE complex. ..
- Larance M, Ramm G, James D. The GLUT4 code. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:226-33 pubmed..Many are now taking on this challenge. ..
- Brochetta C, Vita F, Tiwari N, Scandiuzzi L, Soranzo M, Guérin Marchand C, et al. Involvement of Munc18 isoforms in the regulation of granule exocytosis in neutrophils. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:1781-91 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Munc18-2 acts as a regulator of primary granule exocytosis, while Munc18-3 may preferentially regulate the fusion of secondary granules. ..