Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stx3
Description: syntaxin 3
Alias: Stx3a, syntaxin-3
- Fasshauer D, Antonin W, Margittai M, Pabst S, Jahn R. Mixed and non-cognate SNARE complexes. Characterization of assembly and biophysical properties. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:15440-6 pubmed
- Mistry A, Mallick R, Klein J, Weimbs T, Sands J, Fröhlich O. Syntaxin specificity of aquaporins in the inner medullary collecting duct. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F292-300 pubmed publisher..Snapin plays an important role as a linker between the water channel and the t-SNARE complex, leading to the fusion event, and the pairing with specific t-SNAREs is essential for the specificity of membrane recognition and fusion. ..
- Pevsner J, Hsu S, Scheller R. n-Sec1: a neural-specific syntaxin-binding protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:1445-9 pubmed..These findings indicate that n-Sec1 is a neural-specific, syntaxin-binding protein that may participate in the regulation of synaptic vesicle docking and fusion. ..
- Chuang J, Zhao Y, Sung C. SARA-regulated vesicular targeting underlies formation of the light-sensing organelle in mammalian rods. Cell. 2007;130:535-47 pubmed..the FYVE domain-containing protein, SARA, through its direct interaction with PI3P, rhodopsin, and SNARE protein syntaxin 3. Our model, in contrast to the previously proposed evagination model, suggests that the vesicular delivery of ..
- Lam P, Hyvärinen K, Kauppi M, Cosen Binker L, Laitinen S, Keränen S, et al. A cytosolic splice variant of Cab45 interacts with Munc18b and impacts on amylase secretion by pancreatic acini. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2473-80 pubmed..The endogenous Cab45b in rat acini coimmunoprecipitates with Munc18b, syntaxin 2, and syntaxin 3, soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptors with key roles in the Ca(2+)-triggered ..
- Cosen Binker L, Binker M, Wang C, Hong W, Gaisano H. VAMP8 is the v-SNARE that mediates basolateral exocytosis in a mouse model of alcoholic pancreatitis. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2535-51 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that VAMP8 is the ZG-SNARE that mediates basolateral exocytosis in alcoholic pancreatitis and that VAMP8 is critical for ZG-ZG homotypic fusion. ..
- Fu J, Naren A, Gao X, Ahmmed G, Malik A. Protease-activated receptor-1 activation of endothelial cells induces protein kinase Calpha-dependent phosphorylation of syntaxin 4 and Munc18c: role in signaling p-selectin expression. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3178-84 pubmed..We identified the presence of syntaxin 4, syntaxin 3, and the high affinity syntaxin 4-regulatory protein Munc18c in human lung microvascular endothelial cells...
- Day P, Riggs K, Hasan N, Corbin D, Humphrey D, Hu C. Syntaxins 3 and 4 mediate vesicular trafficking of ?5?1 and ?3?1 integrins and cancer cell migration. Int J Oncol. 2011;39:863-71 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that syntaxins 3- and 4-dependent integrin trafficking is important in cancer cell migration and survival, and may be a valuable target for cancer therapy. ..
- Pombo I, Rivera J, Blank U. Munc18-2/syntaxin3 complexes are spatially separated from syntaxin3-containing SNARE complexes. FEBS Lett. 2003;550:144-8 pubmed..This demonstrates a spatial separation between these two types of complexes and suggests that Munc18-2 acts in a step different from SNARE complex formation and fusion. ..
- Curtis L, Doneske B, Liu X, Thaller C, McNew J, Janz R. Syntaxin 3b is a t-SNARE specific for ribbon synapses of the retina. J Comp Neurol. 2008;510:550-9 pubmed publisher..In contrast, ribbon synapses of the retina contain the related isoform syntaxin 3. In addition to its localization in ribbon synapses, syntaxin 3 is also found in nonneuronal cells, where it has ..
- Morgans C, Brandstätter J, Kellerman J, Betz H, Wassle H. A SNARE complex containing syntaxin 3 is present in ribbon synapses of the retina. J Neurosci. 1996;16:6713-21 pubmed..1-depleted retina and brain extracts with a SNAP-25 antibody and microsequencing the precipitated proteins, syntaxin 3 was detected in retina complexed with SNAP-25, synaptobrevin, and complexin...
- Yatsu A, Ohbayashi N, Tamura K, Fukuda M. Syntaxin-3 is required for melanosomal localization of Tyrp1 in melanocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2237-46 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that the SNARE machinery composed of VAMP7 on Tyrp1-containing vesicles and syntaxin-3 and SNAP23 on melanosomes regulates Tyrp1 trafficking to the melanosome in melanocytes. ..
- Kauppi M, Wohlfahrt G, Olkkonen V. Analysis of the Munc18b-syntaxin binding interface. Use of a mutant Munc18b to dissect the functions of syntaxins 2 and 3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43973-9 pubmed..We constructed a homology model of Munc18b in complex with syntaxin 3 based on the crystal structure of the neuronal Sec1.syntaxin 1A complex...
- Imai A, Nashida T, Yoshie S, Shimomura H. Intracellular localisation of SNARE proteins in rat parotid acinar cells: SNARE complexes on the apical plasma membrane. Arch Oral Biol. 2003;48:597-604 pubmed..SNAP-23 interacted with syntaxin 3, syntaxin 4, VAMP-2, VAMP-3 and VAMP-8...
- Tadokoro S, Nakanishi M, Hirashima N. Complexin II regulates degranulation in RBL-2H3 cells by interacting with SNARE complex containing syntaxin-3. Cell Immunol. 2010;261:51-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that complexin II regulates degranulation by interacting with the SNARE complex containing syntaxin-3. ..
- Collaco A, Marathe J, Kohnke H, Kravstov D, Ameen N. Syntaxin 3 is necessary for cAMP- and cGMP-regulated exocytosis of CFTR: implications for enterotoxigenic diarrhea. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C1450-60 pubmed publisher..b>Syntaxin 3, an intestine-specific SNARE, colocalized with CFTR on the apical domain of enterocytes in rat jejunum and ..
- Pevsner J, Hsu S, Hyde P, Scheller R. Mammalian homologues of yeast vacuolar protein sorting (vps) genes implicated in Golgi-to-lysosome trafficking. Gene. 1996;183:7-14 pubmed..We propose that the three proteins bind as yet unidentified syntaxin homologues involved in vesicle trafficking between the Golgi apparatus, prelysosomal compartment(s), and the lysosome. ..
- Procino G, Barbieri C, Tamma G, De Benedictis L, Pessin J, Svelto M, et al. AQP2 exocytosis in the renal collecting duct -- involvement of SNARE isoforms and the regulatory role of Munc18b. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2097-106 pubmed publisher..Both VAMP2 and VAMP3 were associated with immunoisolated AQP2 vesicles, whereas syntaxin 3 (Stx3), SNAP23 and Munc18 were associated with the apical plasma membrane...
- Darios F, Davletov B. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids stimulate cell membrane expansion by acting on syntaxin 3. Nature. 2006;440:813-7 pubmed..Here we show that syntaxin 3 (STX3), a plasma membrane protein, has an important role in the growth of neurites, and also serves as a direct ..
- Li C, Ullrich B, Zhang J, Anderson R, Brose N, Sudhof T. Ca(2+)-dependent and -independent activities of neural and non-neural synaptotagmins. Nature. 1995;375:594-9 pubmed..The same C2 domains also bind syntaxin as a function of Ca2+ but the Ca(2+)-concentration dependence of Syt I, II and V (> 200 microM) differs from that of Syt III and VII (< 10 microM).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Tadokoro S, Kurimoto T, Nakanishi M, Hirashima N. Munc18-2 regulates exocytotic membrane fusion positively interacting with syntaxin-3 in RBL-2H3 cells. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:3427-33 pubmed
- Low S, Vasanji A, Nanduri J, He M, Sharma N, Koo M, et al. Syntaxins 3 and 4 are concentrated in separate clusters on the plasma membrane before the establishment of cell polarity. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:977-89 pubmed..SNAP-23 partially colocalizes with both syntaxin 3 and 4 clusters...
- Breton S, Inoue T, Knepper M, Brown D. Antigen retrieval reveals widespread basolateral expression of syntaxin 3 in renal epithelia. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F523-9 pubmed..In a previous study, syntaxin 3 (a target SNARE) protein was detectable in the kidney only in intercalated cells...
- Thomas D, Ferguson G, Herschman H, Elferink L. Functional and biochemical analysis of the C2 domains of synaptotagmin IV. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2285-95 pubmed
- Brochetta C, Vita F, Tiwari N, Scandiuzzi L, Soranzo M, Guérin Marchand C, et al. Involvement of Munc18 isoforms in the regulation of granule exocytosis in neutrophils. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:1781-91 pubmed publisher..that human neutrophils express Munc18-2 and Munc18-3 isoforms and that Munc18-2 interacts with the target-SNARE syntaxin 3. Munc18-2 was associated preferentially with primary granules but could also be found with secondary and ..
- Band A, Kuismanen E. Localization of plasma membrane t-SNAREs syntaxin 2 and 3 in intracellular compartments. BMC Cell Biol. 2005;6:26 pubmed..Treatment of these cells with N-ethylmaleimide (NEM), which is known to inactivate membrane fusion, caused syntaxin 3 to accumulate in the trans-Golgi network and syntaxin 2 in perinuclear membrane vesicles...
- Datta P, Allamargot C, Hudson J, Andersen E, Bhattarai S, Drack A, et al. Accumulation of non-outer segment proteins in the outer segment underlies photoreceptor degeneration in Bardet-Biedl syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E4400-9 pubmed publisher..In contrast, only eight proteins showed a more than threefold reduction. We found striking accumulation of Stx3 and Stxbp1/Munc18-1 and loss of polarized localization of Prom1 within the Lztfl1 and Bbs1 mutant OS...