Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stx1b
Description: syntaxin 1B
Alias: Stx1b2, Stx2, syntaxin-1B, P35B, Syntaxin 2, syntaxin 1B2
- Edwardson J, An S, Jahn R. The secretory granule protein syncollin binds to syntaxin in a Ca2(+)-sensitive manner. Cell. 1997;90:325-33 pubmed..We suggest that syncollin acts as a Ca2(+)-sensitive regulator of exocytosis in exocrine tissues. ..
- Murphy S, Zweyer M, Henry M, Meleady P, Mundegar R, Swandulla D, et al. Label-free mass spectrometric analysis reveals complex changes in the brain proteome from the mdx-4cv mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Clin Proteomics. 2015;12:27 pubmed publisher..Candidate proteins can now be evaluated for their suitability as proteomic biomarkers and their potential in predictive, diagnostic, prognostic and/or therapy-monitoring approaches to treat brain abnormalities in dystrophinopathies. ..
- Mishima T, Fujiwara T, Sanada M, Kofuji T, Kanai Azuma M, Akagawa K. Syntaxin 1B, but not syntaxin 1A, is necessary for the regulation of synaptic vesicle exocytosis and of the readily releasable pool at central synapses. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e90004 pubmed publisherTwo syntaxin 1 (STX1) isoforms, HPC-1/STX1A and STX1B, are coexpressed in neurons and function as neuronal target membrane (t)-SNAREs. However, little is known about their functional differences in synaptic transmission...
- Pertsinidis A, Mukherjee K, Sharma M, Pang Z, Park S, Zhang Y, et al. Ultrahigh-resolution imaging reveals formation of neuronal SNARE/Munc18 complexes in situ. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E2812-20 pubmed publisher..Our superresolution imaging method provides a framework for investigating interactions between the synaptic vesicle fusion machinery and other subcellular systems in situ. ..
- Tanaka S, Kabayama H, Enomoto M, Saito N, Mikoshiba K. Inositol 1, 4, 5-trisphosphate receptor interacts with the SNARE domain of syntaxin 1B. J Physiol Sci. 2011;61:221-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Syx1B is an IP(3)R-interacting protein and that its interaction may play a crucial role in regulating the channel activity of IP(3)Rs in Syx1B-expressing cells. ..
- Kwong J, Roundabush F, Hutton Moore P, Montague M, Oldham W, Li Y, et al. Hrs interacts with SNAP-25 and regulates Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 12):2273-84 pubmed..Moreover, overexpression of Hrs in PC12 cells inhibits Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis. These results suggest that Hrs is involved in regulation of neurosecretion through interaction with SNAP-25. ..
- Pereira S, Massacrier A, Roll P, Verine A, Etienne Grimaldi M, Poitelon Y, et al. Nuclear localization of a novel human syntaxin 1B isoform. Gene. 2008;423:160-71 pubmed publisher..We have identified a novel syntaxin isoform generated by alternative splicing of the human STX1B gene...
- Fukuda M, Imai A, Nashida T, Shimomura H. Slp4-a/granuphilin-a interacts with syntaxin-2/3 in a Munc18-2-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39175-84 pubmed..These results suggest that Slp4-a modulates amylase release from parotid acinar cells through interaction with syntaxin-2/3 on the apical plasma membrane. ..
- Hata Y, Sudhof T. A novel ubiquitous form of Munc-18 interacts with multiple syntaxins. Use of the yeast two-hybrid system to study interactions between proteins involved in membrane traffic. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:13022-8 pubmed..The lack of specificity of the interactions between syntaxins and Munc-18s indicates that specificity of membrane trafficking reactions is not dependent on this interaction. ..
- Li C, Ullrich B, Zhang J, Anderson R, Brose N, Sudhof T. Ca(2+)-dependent and -independent activities of neural and non-neural synaptotagmins. Nature. 1995;375:594-9 pubmed..The same C2 domains also bind syntaxin as a function of Ca2+ but the Ca(2+)-concentration dependence of Syt I, II and V (> 200 microM) differs from that of Syt III and VII (< 10 microM).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Wang D, Zhang Z, Dong M, Sun S, Chapman E, Jackson M. Syntaxin requirement for Ca2+-triggered exocytosis in neurons and endocrine cells demonstrated with an engineered neurotoxin. Biochemistry. 2011;50:2711-3 pubmed publisher..These mutants can generate syntaxin-free cells as a useful experimental system for research and may lead to pharmaceuticals that target syntaxin selectively. ..
- Band A, Kuismanen E. Localization of plasma membrane t-SNAREs syntaxin 2 and 3 in intracellular compartments. BMC Cell Biol. 2005;6:26 pubmed..b>Syntaxin 2 and 3 are t-SNAREs that, according to previous over-expression studies, are predominantly localized at the ..
- Worst T, Tan J, Robertson D, Freeman W, Hyytia P, Kiianmaa K, et al. Transcriptome analysis of frontal cortex in alcohol-preferring and nonpreferring rats. J Neurosci Res. 2005;80:529-38 pubmed..cacna2d1), vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 (VAMP2), syntaxin 1 (both syntaxin 1a and 1b; STX1a and STX1b), and syntaxin binding protein (MUNC-18) mRNAs were found to be increased in frontal cortex following comparison ..
- Abonyo B, Gou D, Wang P, Narasaraju T, Wang Z, Liu L. Syntaxin 2 and SNAP-23 are required for regulated surfactant secretion. Biochemistry. 2004;43:3499-506 pubmed..However, their involvement in surfactant secretion has not been reported. Here, we showed that syntaxin 2 and SNAP-23 are expressed in alveolar type II cells...
- Wu C, MacCoss M, Howell K, Yates J. A method for the comprehensive proteomic analysis of membrane proteins. Nat Biotechnol. 2003;21:532-8 pubmed..Furthermore, coupling protease protection strategies to this method permits characterization of the relative sidedness of the hydrophilic domains of membrane proteins. ..
- Chin L, Vavalle J, Li L. Staring, a novel E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase that targets syntaxin 1 for degradation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35071-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that Staring is a novel E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase that targets syntaxin 1 for degradation by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Betz A, Okamoto M, Benseler F, Brose N. Direct interaction of the rat unc-13 homologue Munc13-1 with the N terminus of syntaxin. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:2520-6 pubmed..It is possible that the phenotype of unc-13 and unc-18 mutations is caused by the inability of the respective mutated gene products to bind to syntaxin. ..
- Low S, Marmorstein L, Miura M, Li X, Kudo N, Marmorstein A, et al. Retinal pigment epithelial cells exhibit unique expression and localization of plasma membrane syntaxins which may contribute to their trafficking phenotype. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4545-53 pubmed..The polarity of syntaxin 2 is reversed in retinal pigment epithelial cells, and it localizes to a narrow band on the lateral plasma ..
- Yang S, Larsson O, Branstrom R, Bertorello A, Leibiger B, Leibiger I, et al. Syntaxin 1 interacts with the L(D) subtype of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels in pancreatic beta cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10164-9 pubmed..This suggests that there is a structure-function relationship between the alpha(1D) subunit of the L type Ca(2+) channel and the exocytotic machinery in the pancreatic beta cell. ..